Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Angels Descendant List, rate if you have chance please
Reply
Old 27 Sep 2005, 09:45   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here. There. Everywhere.
Posts: 10,710
Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll
Default Angels Descendant List, rate if you have chance please

This is my 1500pt Marines list, some of you may have seen it before, please, feel free to pull it apart at the seams and rearrange it as you prefer. All suggestions for improvement welcome, bear in mind the fact that I have only played 5 games with Marines, I've lost 2, drawn 1, won 2, the positive results were all with this list.

HQ
Chapter Master - Terminator Armour, Adamantine Mantle, Bionics, Pair of lightning claws (1 master crafted) 185pts
Epistolary - Terminator Armour, Veil of Time, Fury of the Ancients, Storm Bolter, Bionics, Master crafted force weapon 184pts
Terminator command squad - 1 assault cannon, 2 chainfists 230pts

HQ Total = 599pts

Troops

2 x 10 man Tactical Squad - Flamer, Meltagun (cleanse and purify trait), 7 Marines with bolt pistol and close combat weapon 191pts each

1 x 10 man Tactical squad - 2 x Flamers, 7 Marines with bolt pistol and close combat weapon, teleport homer 192pts

(All sergeants have Terminator Honours, bolt pistol and Power weapon.

Troops total = 574pts

Fast Attack
Land Speeder Tornado - Heavy Bolter and Assault Cannon 80pts
Land Speeder Tornado - Multi-melta and Heavy flamer 75pts

Fast Attack total = 155pts

Heavy Support
Predator Annihilator - Power of the Machine Spirit, Heavy bolter sponsons, extra armour, pintloe mounted storm bolter 175pts

Heavy Support total = 175pts

Army total = 1503pts
__________________
May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visuality (film)
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don't get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.
Scout Sergeant Mkoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2005, 10:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Home
Posts: 1,492
Default Re: Angels Descendant List, rate if you have chance please

drop one chainfist (multiples are rarely necessary, take it from a deathwing player!), and you're under 1500 instead of over.

I'm not usually a fan of bionics, but in this case, at 185 points per model, they're an excellent statistical investment.

I wouldn't mix flamers and meltas, I'd go with a squad of each. two chances to roast that tank is better than one, and two templates over that squad is better than a template plus an instant kill.

The multimelta/heavy flamer thing looks odd, too, but there isn't really a good alternative to go with the MM, so I guess it's fine. Perhaps if you didn't mastercraft the lightning claw, you could make two ass-cannon/HB tornados, and have ten points to spare for something else, like upgrading a sergeant to a powerfist.
__________________
Due to an error in translation, the isolated colony of T'ves'kal'dai mistakenly worshiped the greater goose for seven generations. Reeducation efforts continue.

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
march10k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2005, 10:29   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here. There. Everywhere.
Posts: 10,710
Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll
Default Re: Angels Descendant List, rate if you have chance please

Quote:
Originally Posted by march10k
I wouldn't mix flamers and meltas, I'd go with a squad of each. two chances to roast that tank is better than one, and two templates over that squad is better than a template plus an instant kill.
I see your point, hopefully I'll play test it with this suggestion tonight, if I do I'll let you know how it works and what I decide to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by march10k
The multimelta/heavy flamer thing looks odd, too, but there isn't really a good alternative to go with the MM, so I guess it's fine. Perhaps if you didn't mastercraft the lightning claw, you could make two ass-cannon/HB tornados, and have ten points to spare for something else, like upgrading a sergeant to a powerfist.
Yeah but at times I need the re-roll, also I don't like the idea of sergeants having powerfists due to the whole strikes last thing, granted he then attacks at S8 but they're 30pts not 20 so I still don't have enough points, also if your opponent is smart they'll target your sergeant before he even has a chance to attack.
__________________
May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visuality (film)
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don't get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.
Scout Sergeant Mkoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2005, 18:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,117
Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq
Default Re: Angels Descendant List, rate if you have chance please

I'd also go with having the same weapons in the squad. If you are aiming at something that a Flamer is good at, the Melta will be wasted. If it's something the Melta is good at killing, the Flamer will be wasted.

The same goes for your MM-HF Tornado. I'd either totally drop the Heay Flamer, or kit it out the same as your other Tornado.

Power Fists aren't 30 points for Sarg's.

'if your opponent is smart they'll target your sergeant before he even has a chance to attack.'

They can't in 4th Ed, they would have to kill everybody in the kill zone, which is very difficult to do when your trying to kill Marines. You can't target things like a Vet Sarg now, even if you are in Independant Character [IIRC]. So...Power Fists are a great choice.

Other than that, the list is nice. A lot spent on your HQ, but it should still be quite an effective force.
__________________
Brunettes and Beer.
arguleon-veq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2005, 19:41   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,246
Default Re: Angels Descendant List, rate if you have chance please

I've got one quirk, can you master craft only one power claw? Are you sure? I think you might have to master craft both, it seems more..logical.
__________________
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.
-Will Durant
Aftercresent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2005, 09:08   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here. There. Everywhere.
Posts: 10,710
Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll
Default Re: Angels Descendant List, rate if you have chance please

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterCresent
I've got one quirk, can you master craft only one power claw? Are you sure? I think you might have to master craft both, it seems more..logical.
I think you can mastercraft both but I don't have the points to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arguleon-veq
but it should still be quite an effective force.
It is, I've beaten Wargamer's Arbite list* with this army, only without the Pred and another Tactical Squad was added with melta weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arguleon-veq
Power Fists aren't 30 points for Sarg's.
My mistake, I'll try that tomorrow when I playtest a new list and I'll let you know how it goes.


OK, the battle I told you about didn't go too well, minor victory to the Grey Knights, however if we had more time I think I might have been able to turn it around. I didn't use the powerfist sergeants as I had apparently made some errors when working out my army which means that I didn't have enough points but I still had to drop the flamer on the land speeder.

First turn my Predator gets blown up and my assault cannon land speeder was stunned, as a result my shooting phase was non existent as my land speeders made straight for more cover and everything else advanced.

Second turn my land speeders and quite a few marines bit the dust, but my HQ turned up via deep strike and tried to blow a guardsman squad to tiny little pieces, failing due to cover. Then he decided to mass charge my HQ with 3 units of guardsmen, a squad of grey knights with a justicar and his grand master, somehow only 1 Terminator was dropped, that was thanks to his grand master. My master and Librarian killed 5 guardsmen each and the Terminators killed a fair few.

Next turn quite a few more marines died due to shelling from his two Lemans. The shooting phase was again non-existent except for mowing down a couple of guardsmen who had fled the combat.

In my opponents final turn he got a few more shots at me and a couple more marines died. However the remaining Marines reached combat and killed those which had fled the combat and survived the shooting.

Game over I had my HQ minus 3 Terminators, and about 11 marines, 3 sergeants, two meltaguns and a couple of flamers.

However I did reduce major rawne's nurgle force to 5 models (a rare accomplishment for anyone these days)
__________________
May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visuality (film)
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don't get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.
Scout Sergeant Mkoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Angels descendant 1500pt painting blog. major_rawne02 Project Logs 26 25 Nov 2009 03:14
MOVED: Angels descendant 1500pt painting blog. Nightmare Showcase 0 17 Nov 2009 16:23
Angels Descendant major_rawne02 Showcase 8 22 May 2008 00:33
1.5k List please rate. Grand Master Atticus Imperial Guard Army Lists 5 16 May 2006 20:24
Please Rate List Gremlong Tau Army Lists 3 31 Mar 2006 19:50