Closed Thread
Old 27 Sep 2005, 07:54   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin
Default Missing Primarch's

[table][tr][td]No.[/td][td]Name[/td][td]Chapter[/td][td]Loyal[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1.[/td][td]Lion El'Jonson[/td][td]Dark Angels[/td][td]Loyal[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]2.[/td][td]MISSING[/td][td]N/A[/td][td]N/A[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]3.[/td][td]Fulgrim[/td][td]Emperor's Children [/td][td]Traitor[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]4.[/td][td]Perturabo[/td][td]Iron Warriors[/td][td]Traitor[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]5.[/td][td]Jaghatai Khan[/td][td]White Scars[/td][td]Loyal[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]6.[/td][td]Leman Russ[/td][td]Space Wolves[/td][td]Loyal[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]7.[/td][td]Rogal Dorn[/td][td]Imperial Fists[/td][td]Loyal[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]8.[/td][td]Night Haunter[/td][td]Night Lords[/td][td]Traitor[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]9.[/td][td]Sanguinius[/td][td]Blood Angels[/td][td]Loyal[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]10.[/td][td]Ferrus Manus[/td][td]Iron Hands[/td][td]Loyal[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]11.[/td][td]MISSING[/td][td]N/A[/td][td]N/A[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]12.[/td][td]Angron[/td][td]World Eaters[/td][td]Traitor[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]13.[/td][td]Roboute Guilliman [/td][td]Ultramarines[/td][td]Loyal[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]14.[/td][td]Mortarion[/td][td]Death Guard[/td][td]Traitor[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]15.[/td][td]Magnus[/td][td]Thousand Sons[/td][td]Traitor[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]16.[/td][td]Horus[/td][td]Lunar Wolves[/td][td]Traitor[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]17.[/td][td]Lorgar[/td][td]Word Bearers[/td][td]Traitor[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]18.[/td][td]Vulkan[/td][td]Salamanders[/td][td]Loyal[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]19.[/td][td]Corax[/td][td]Raven Guard[/td][td]Loyal[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]20. [/td][td]Alpharius[/td][td]Alpha Legion[/td][td]Traitor[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]

now just out of curiosity what do you reckon happened to No. 2 and 11.? and what happenend to thier legions, because the Emperor had already made them for all of his sons (I've read it in Index Astartes, it's in the fluff so don't argue with me.)

i know that this has come up in other posts but no-one has posted a topic about this yet (i used search) i want to know what you guys think.

i reckon that one could have been Sigmar, i don't want to belive it though (damned GW).

the Legions could be Grey Knights and the Custodes because i have never seen a reference to where thier Geneseed has came from.
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment. :P
Old 27 Sep 2005, 13:15   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: Missing Primarch's

Hmm, perhaps though they might not have a Primarch at all.

They could have gone the way of the lost. I mean that they were not loyal or traitor, perhaps they never knew what hit them and in all the fighting were lost or whipped out.

I count 9 loyal and 9 traitor, thats even split so the other two could have gone either way or perhaps one was loyal and the other turned.

It might be that they destroyed each other and all records were lost or sealed.

Old 27 Sep 2005, 14:35   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

They aren't Grey Knights. Grey Knights aren't one of the original legions. They were formed after the Heresey, as were the Custodes IIRC [The Emporer didn't need much defending when he was alive].

There are some small pieces of fluff that hint to being about these two legions. It doesn't say without doubt, anywhere that the legions were actually made though. The Primarches were made first, once seeing there was something wrong with these, the plans to create the legion based on them could have been scrapped.

Still, there are many links to Sigmar and keep in mind that GW used to actually openly say that the Fantasy world was a world in the EoT. Now there are just masses of links and clues.

Many things have gone wrong with newly founded chapters, genetic instability etc. It could be as simple as something like that happening with these Legions/Primarches.

Old 27 Sep 2005, 14:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

You know, it's possible Sigmar is one of the lost Primarches - sounds like something GW might try and spring on us! *They have gone and linked the two universes with mentions of the Old Ones, after all...

~Andromidius
Old 27 Sep 2005, 14:39   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I would theorize that these two legions were utterly destroyed in the Horus upheaval. For good or ill, they certainly would not have been removed if they had died in favor of the Emperor.

However, they may have also become something as yet unknown or unencountered...

Wanax

Old 27 Sep 2005, 14:43   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

There are many more links than that. I think it is pretty much in no doubt at all that the Fantasy world is inthe 40K Galaxy, there are actual Chainswords, Powerfists in the Fantasy world. Crazy scholars from the Fantasy world have had visions of things and sketched them (they were exact pictures of things such as Chaos Marines, Defilers, Dreadnoughts, Tanks etc. Abadon is even mentioned in these ravings IIRC). There are also many links directly relating to Sigmar being a Primarch. Such as his disapearence being at the same times as a comet (thunderhawk), angels of the gods taking him away. There are many little references like this.

'the Legions could be Grey Knights and the Custodes because i have never seen a reference to where thier Geneseed has came from.'

It actually says in the DH Codex were the GK geneseed comes from..........the Emporer himself.

'I would theorize that these two legions were utterly destroyed in the Horus upheaval. For good or ill, they certainly would not have been removed if they had died in favor of the Emperor.'

If they had died fighting in the Heresy then it would have been documented like the rest of the Heresy was. We know that the other Chaos Legions exist, they haven't been wiped from the records so these wouldn't have been if they had only done exactley the same.
Old 27 Sep 2005, 14:44   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

It is possible that they may have gone to Chaos at some time long before the Heresy. *When the Imperium was stronger, it might have been easier to strike a full legion from the records. *Whatever they did, it can't have been much worse than what the Traitor Legions did. *
Old 27 Sep 2005, 14:50   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Like I said, perhaps they were expunged in more ways than one...

Wanax
Old 27 Sep 2005, 14:54   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Kangaroo Joe

I reckon they were struck out by an inquisitor who was like....unhinged or something.

Quote:
No love, it's GREAT Britain....the clue's in the name

Thanx to Kais for the sig
Old 27 Sep 2005, 15:00   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Perhaps they did nothing wrong. Although yes, if they did turn to Chaos a while before the Heresy (cant have been that long before though because the Emperor kicking about on his crusade didn't actually last that long. The traitor legions were faithful to the Emperor for really, a pretty short amount of time), then yeh, I can see them getting struck from the records for that. Maybe it wasn't Chaos and they just wanted to go it alone.

Have you ever read that piece of fluff where a Mechanicus Explorator team finds some old lab on a dead world that had Marine experiments going on. They are like super Marines, they are thought to be dead but then all hell breaks loose and contact is lost with the team [It went something like that anyway, ages since I read it and can't remember which WD it was in]. That could have something to do with the lost Legions...........or it could just as easily be about the cursed foundings [more probable really].

'I reckon they were struck out by an inquisitor who was like....unhinged or something.'

No Inquisition before the Heresy. Plus an Inquisitor doesn't have the power to deny everybody knowledge of them.