Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Space Marines that look like chaos.... huh?
Closed Thread
Old 24 Sep 2005, 18:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Space Marines that look like chaos.... huh?

ok, well i just read the thread on chaos bikers, and was just wondering, how sweet would it be if you took loyalist marines, gave them the "Be swift as the Wind" trait, but modeled them as chaos?? they would play exactly like a loyalist chapter, but would look 50x better! would this be feasible in all respects?

The trait enables me to take bikers as troop squads, so while the army would be quite small (I really only play 1000pt games, so yeah.... ) but at the same time, if all i did was turbo boost most of my army, i would have a very resilient, hard hitting army.

here's what i was thinking for a list, its just off the top of my head, so bear with me.

HQ
Captain on bike. probably with a power weapon or fist.

ELITES
1 Squad of bikes with furious assault

TROOPS
4-5 squads of bikes

FAST ATTACK
3 attack bikes (one with multi-melta)

ok...i realise now that its more then 1000 pts....but i think im alright with that
for modeling puposes, it will basically be loyalist bikes, but with chaos torso's and heads and stuff like that....for the elites squad, i'll probably model them as bezerkers on bikes. I've never really liked the chaos biker range.

so what do you think? have you heard of this done before?

Ender

"Strive For Perfection
And Strike With Precision
Soon It Blows Up In Your Face
And The Smoke Blurs Your Vision"
-Mushroomhead

Formerly Andrew "Ender" Wiggen.
Old 24 Sep 2005, 18:12   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Space Marines that look like chaos.... huh?

I would argue that, as you are using the Marine list, it goes in the Marine forum.

MOVED.

As for the force itself... I hate the Chaos Bikes. Chaos overall is a badly done model range. "Marines with spikes" is not a great basis for a model range. The list could be done quite easily (and probably better) using the Ravenwing force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 25 Sep 2005, 16:18   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I do like the chaos bikes, but i hate the chaos people. It would be cool if you used teh bikes w/ normal SM body.
but then people woud all be like, " DUDE! spikes are like chaos!" :-\
and you would be like, "no, i like them, dude!" ^-^
And they would be like, "Yo, that's like, not, like, cool, yo."
And you would ll be like, "awwww, dude." :-[
Old 25 Sep 2005, 16:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Wasn't this topic locked just a few topics below?
For my opinion i think Chaos bikers are posibly the laziest Space marine to chaos conversion GW has done. What did they do? they put on spikes and called it chaos.
Old 25 Sep 2005, 21:20   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

yeah, that is all they did, spikes, oh they also added that silly "chaos trim" (I hate that trim, u know what i mean? It's so silly!) the raised edges, u know. .. but i still think it is better than teh plain bike of SM
Old 26 Sep 2005, 14:13   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Bah. Exceedingly mildly better.

..."because music is in everything, it's the richness of the music that enrichens our lives." - Jay-Z

7 Reasons the 21st Century is Making You Miserable

"As soon as there is life there is danger." Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1860
"God created Man in his own image, and Man, being a gentleman, returned the compliment." - Mark Twain

Old 26 Sep 2005, 15:19   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

lol yeah, i made a topic in the chaos forum originally, then thinking that it should be here, i made one here and then Wargamer moved the one in the chaos forum to here, but of course i was working on the other one...so yeah, the other one was locked.

the one thing i don't like about chaos bikes is that they still have the old infantry models riding them...and the spikes. the design GW used doesn't really appeal to me that much. thats why i want to convert loyalist to "look" like chaos. file down all the imperial markings, which is next to nil. hell, even the skull on the gas tank doesnt really look imperial, which is really the only marking. like i said, i'd switch out the riders for regualr chaos marines, tho without any marks of chaos. perhaps if i just made them look like archaic marines, like they did in WD 300, it would be a little less stressful in the arguements about what army is this :P. of course around my parts of the world, people are pretty relaxed about stuff like this. in just about half the games i play, both our armies are pretty much proxied, since we are constantly changing our lists before we even buy all the models to our old lists :-X.

hmmm raven wing eh? are the rules for these guys in the Dark Angels codex? thats the one that uses alot of land speeders and bikes, right? that could be feasible...thats one thing i hate about chaos....THEY CAN'T TAKE LANDSPEEDERS!!

actually...i kinda like the raven wing idea! if i modeled them a little mre archaic like i orginally planned, it would suit the fluff a little better...i think. anyone got any other ideas?

Ender
"Strive For Perfection
And Strike With Precision
Soon It Blows Up In Your Face
And The Smoke Blurs Your Vision"
-Mushroomhead

Formerly Andrew "Ender" Wiggen.
Old 22 Oct 2005, 22:59   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I've done almost the same thing. Because Dark Angels (I am also a Dark Angels player) can't take the Deathwatch squad, I created a squad I call Fallen Hunters. They are Dark Angel veterans which hunt the Fallen and wear bits of their armour as trophies (I'll post the rules for them sometime).
Quote:
Originally Posted by The All-father
A horror! HOOORRRROOOOORRRR!
Old 10 Dec 2005, 22:36   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

any body here heard of [glow=red,2,300]relictors[/glow] they aare space marine s but the pick up chaos items as they go alognm there for u see seom with chaos jump pack s and tehy are alowed to use daemonj weapons they are verry cool also have u ever heard of 13th co do 13th co without the space wolves stuff
Old 10 Dec 2005, 23:27   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del

This thread is old, thus, let's put this zombie back in the grave
Closed Thread