Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Primarch army
Closed Thread
Old 23 Sep 2005, 13:02   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Primarch army

Anyone ever builts, or considered building a army of the original SM force: Emperor and 20 primarchs?

I'm considering how I would do this, since they are supposed to be far better than SM troops. would they be more dreadnaught-ish in ability but looking like early SM troops?

Anyone yet know why they were dispersed early on?

Anyway, I'm curious if this has been done or thought of.

Wanax
Old 23 Sep 2005, 13:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin
Default Re: Primarch army

yea my dad did it ages ago... he sold them all though, which really did suck. he used the plastic space marines sprue, with the old close combat weapons sprue, my favorite was the emporer who my dad sculpted the whole model except from the legs, weapons and head.
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment. :P
Old 25 Sep 2005, 11:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaso Wanax
I'm considering how I would do this, since they are supposed to be far better than SM troops.* would they be more dreadnaught-ish in ability but looking like early SM troops?

primarchs had stats released a while ago...for a scenario pack. they were something along the lines of a hive tyrant in terms of stats, only with better I, Bs and Ws (possibly more wounds as well...can't remember)...then they had some variation in stats to help add individuality, for example, IIRC russ had something like +1 str and Ws

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 26 Sep 2005, 13:52   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:

They were originally dispersed across the galaxy by whatever Mysterious Force first struck their birth creches; I can't think that many of them ever really got together very often or very long... Perhaps no more than eight or ten at the absolute maximum.

The reason they remained "scattered", even after they were all discovered, was the simple tenants of warfare and the Crusade: Each Primarch had to lead his own Legion in battle, and while concentrating the Emperor and all his Primarchs in one battlefront would have made it a singular cakewalk, it would be in all ways overkill, a grand waste, and too many eggs in one basket.

The Primarchs and Emperor were powerful, but sticking *everything* in one spot is just asking for someone to find a way to blow up the entire planet, just on the off chance you might get them too...

In any case, the Primarch's incredible skill and strength was better spent leading their Marines on different fronts. Efficiency being the key, this tactic allowed the maximum pressure and strength to be applied on an ever-increasing, galaxy-wide scale. After a certain point of growth, the fledgeling Imperium was simply too big to concentrate all that force and expect any leeway. If they had stayed together and just pushed in one direction always, you'd have an egg-shaped Imperium rather than one that (vaguely) thinks it rules the galaxy.

Old 27 Sep 2005, 01:42   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:

i think GW pulled the "chaos did it" for that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomer
I can't think that many of them ever really got together very often or very long... Perhaps no more than eight or ten at the absolute maximum.
the primarch of the Alpha Legion never saw any Primarches except from Horus, so you are correct, Corax of the Raven Guard kept to himself, Lion El'johnson and Russ hated each other, Dorn and the Iron warriors Primarch respected each other but still hated each other, Fulgrim thought all of the Primarches were not perfect like he was (darn pretty boy), and no-one really liked Night Stalker of the Night Lords (except Horus)

i found some stats:

THE EMPEROR

[table][tr][td]Unit[/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Emperor, Lord of Mankind[/td][td]700[/td][td]8[/td][td]5[/td][td]5[/td][td]5[/td][td]6[/td][td]7[/td][td]6[/td][td]12[/td][td]2+[/td][/tr][/table]

Wargear: Terminator Armor of the Emperor, Purityfist, Tempestblade

SPECIAL RULES
Command Squad: A Command Squad of his finest warriors may accompany The Emperor. The members of his Command Squad are treated as Force Commanders from Codex: Spacemarines. The Command Squad is made up of 4 Force Commanders and all of the Force Commanders may be equipped with additionally wargear from Codex: Spacemarines.

Terminator Armour of the Emperor: The Emperor wears a specially crafted suit of Terminator armor that makes him almost invincible to all attacks. This suit of armor acts in all ways like a suit of Terminator armor, but instead of giving a normal 2+ save its gives a 2+ invulnerable save.

Purityfist: The Purityfist is an ancient and ornate powerfist incorporating many technologies not found in normal powerfists. Because of these unique advancements the Purityfist doubles the Emperors strength up to 12 and roles 2d6 against enemy armor. Additionally if the player wishes may replace the Purityfist with a powerful relic storm bolter, called the Purgatator. The Purgatator has the following stats:

[table][tr][td]Strength[/td][td]Range[/td][td]AP[/td][td]Type[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td][td]36"[/td][td]4[/td][td]Assault 2/Blast [/td][/tr][/table]

Tempestblade: The Tempestblade acts as a focusing lens for the Emperor immense psychic strength. Within it blade the very soul and rage of the Emperor is focused and released, utterly annihilating any foe that would dare stand against the Imperium. Any enemy wounded with the Tempestblade is automatically killed with no armor save allowed. Against vehicles the Tempestblade automatically inflicts a d6 roll on the glancing hit table.

Fearless: The Emperor and the entire army he leads is considered fearless. The Emperor and his entire army are immune to leadership, morale, and pinning.

Zealousness: If accompanied by a Command Squad hits must always be allocated to other models than Emperor. This accounts for the fact that any Spacemarine would be willing to take a Lascannon shot for the Emperor. In effect the Emperor may only be shot at once his entire Command Squad is dead.

Independent Character: Unless accompanied by a Command Squad the Emperor is treated as a Independent Character and follows all rules concerning Independent Character in the Warhammer 40k main rule book. Additionally any squad the Emperor joins is affected by the Zealousness rule above.

The Emperor: If the Emperor is slain the army controlling him immediately loses.

Ultra Tough: The Emperor is never affected by "Instant Death" no matter how it would be inflicted.

Psychic Powers: The Emperor may cast any Minor Psychic Power in the game. He may cast any of these powers without taking a psychic test. In addition, he also has the following Major Psychic Powers:

Mind War:
If the Emperor's opponent fails a Ld test, he can do nothing for a turn.

Psychic Assault:
This counts as a ranged attack with the following stats: range....24" * *S....10 * *AP....3

[table][tr][td]Strength[/td][td]Range[/td][td]AP[/td][td]Type[/td][/tr][tr][td]10[/td][td]24"[/td][td]3[/td][td]Heavy 1[/td][/tr][/table]

Omnipotence:
The Emperor must take a Leadership Test on 3D6 and discard the lowest result. If this is equal to or lower than his Ld, he cannot be wounded in combat this turn (HORUS IS AN EXCEPTION TO THIS RULE, AS HE TOO IS A FORMIDABLE PSYKER, AND THE EMPEROR CANNOT GAIN ACCESS TO HIS INNER THOUGHTS).

Righteous Rage:
The Emperor unleashes a mighty blast of energy, releasing his pent up frustrations, rage and fears as a wave of powerful psychic energy. All enemy models within 12" of him receive two, S4 hits, with normal to wound rolls and armour saves allowed. In addition, unless the unit is lead by Horus or a Primarch, it must pass a Ld test or fall back immediately.

Firm Belief:
No matter what is happening around them, any warriors within 8" of the Emperor will fight fervently in the belief that he is invincible, and that Imperium and Mankind are the rightful rulers of the galaxy. As such, they can re-roll any failed saves in the turn the Emperor uses the power.

THE EMPEROR MAY USE ANY TWO PSYCHIC POWERS IN ONE TURN (INCLUDING MINOR PSYKER POWERS).

HORUS

[table][tr][td]Unit[/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr][tr][td]Horus, Warmaster of the Traitor Legions[/td][td]700[/td][td]8[/td][td]5[/td][td]6[/td][td]6[/td][td]6[/td][td]6[/td][td]6[/td][td]12[/td][td]2+[/td][/tr][/table]

Retinue: Horus can be accompanied by Five Chaos Lords with any additional equipment, or Abaddon (uses his stats but with power fist instead of ToH and no daemon sword ((like a special Chaos Lord)) )

Equipment: Talon of Horus, Daemonic Terminator Armour, Daemon Mace

SPECIAL RULES:
Talon of Horus:

The Talon of Horus is basically a master crafted lightning claw. It causes instant death to anything that is not ULTRA TOUGH.

Daemonic Terminator Armour: Horus wears Daemonic Terminator Armour, and as such gains a 2+invulnerable in addition to a 2+ normal save.

Ultra Tough: As per the Emperor, Horus is Ultra Tough and cannot be killed by anything that causes instant death (not even the Emperor!)

Daemon Mace: Horus wields a mace inhabited by a powerful Daemon Prince. This causes instant death to anything it hits, the daemon feeding on the essence of the dying mortal as his soul is dragged, screaming, into the very core of the weapon. As such, it has a demoralising effect on enemy troops. All units wanting to assault Horus (including Space Marines unless accompanied by the Emperor) must pass a Leadership test. If they fail, the cannot assault Horus this turn.

Psychic Powers:
Horus is a formidable psyker and can use any Minor Chaos Power in the Game. I addition, he has the following Major Psychic Powers:

Mind War:
If Horus' opponent fails a Ld check, then the opponent cannot do anything for the rest of the turn.

Psychic Scream:
Horus projects a psychic scream consisting of the death-screams of his innumerable victims. The affected must pass and armour save or suffer instant death (THIS IS NOT AN EXCEPTION TO THE EMPEROR'S ULTRA TOUGH RULE AND DOES NOT CAUSE HIM INSTANT DEATH).

Awesome Presence:
Horus' awesome presence overpowers his opponent. If the opponent fails a Ld test, his WS is reduced to 2. (NOTE THIS CANNOT AFFECT THE EMPEROR, HE DEFENDS HIMSELF TOO WELL AGAINST SUCH PSYCHIC INTRUSTIONS).

SANGUINIUS

[table][tr][td]Unit[/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sanguinius[/td][td]650[/td][td]7[/td][td]5[/td][td]6[/td][td]6[/td][td]5[/td][td]6[/td][td]6[/td][td]12[/td][td]2+[/td][/tr][/table]

Equipment: Sword of Sanguinius, Ornate Armour, Plasma Pistol
Special Rules: Angelic Visage, Angelic Moves, Ultra Tough, Foresight

EQUIPMENT
SWORD OF SANGUINIUS:

The sword of Sanguinius is a powerful Power Sword. It counts as Master Crafted, and always wounds on a 2+, reagardless of toughness.

ORNATE ARMOUR:
Ornate armour is ancient and hardy power armour, fashioned by the greatest artificers. All the Primarchs wear Ornate Armour, and it confers a 2+ Invulnerable save.

SPECIAL RULES
ANGELIC VISAGE:

Any unit of loyalist humans within 18" of Sanguinius become fearless. In addition, they become stubborn. (This replaces the PRIMARCHS special rule encountered with other Primarchs).

ANGELIC MOVES:
Sanguinius has a great pair of snow-white wings, which are powerful enough to bear him aloft. He counts as wearing a jump-pack, and may move as per the normal rules. In addition, they allow him to also assault 12".

ULTRA TOUGH:
The Primarch cannot be killed instantly by any weapon, not even one wielded by the Emperor or the Warmaster.

FORESIGHT:
Sanguinius was blessed with the ability to see the future. It is rumoured that he saw himself die at Horus' hands, yet willingly followed the Emperor onto the Warmaster's Battle Barge.
As such, Sanguinius ALWAYS strikes first in combat, regardless of initiative. In addition, if he loses his final wound, roll a d6; on a 4+, he foresees the attack and dodges just in the nick of time. Leave him on the table with his last wound remaining.

He cannot be mounted on a bike or in a transport. *

KHAN

[table][tr][td]Unit[/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr][tr][td]Khan[/td][td]650[/td][td]6[/td][td]5[/td][td]6[/td][td]6[/td][td]5[/td][td]7[/td][td]5[/td][td]12[/td][td]2+[/td][/tr][/table]

Equipment: Bike (+25 pts), Master Crafter Power Sword, Ornate Armour, Bolt Pistol.
Special Rules: Primarch, Expert Biker, Ultra Tough

EQUIPMENT
BIKE:
Jaghatai may be mounted on a bike for an additional 25 points.

M-C POWER SWORD:
Jaghatai Khan carries a Master-Crafter Power Sword in addition to a bolt pistol.

ORNATE ARMOUR:
As per Sanguinius

SPECIAL RULES
PRIMARCH:

The Primarch special rule allows any unit within 18" to become Fearless and Stubborn.

EXPERT BIKER:

Jaghatai Khan is an expert biker. As such, he may re-roll 1's for moving through cover when mounted on a bike TWICE. The third result is FINAL.

ULTRA TOUGH:

The Primarch cannot be instantly killed by any weapon, not even one which is wielded by the Emperor or Horus.

DORN

[table][tr][td]Unit[/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr][tr][td]Dorn[/td][td]650[/td][td]6[/td][td]5[/td][td]6[/td][td]6[/td][td]5[/td][td]7[/td][td]5[/td][td]12[/td][td]2+[/td][/tr][/table]

Equipment: Ornate Armour, Storm Bolter, Master Crafted Power Sword.
Special Rules: Primarch, Righteous Fury, Siege Master, Ultra Tough, Hates Iron Warriors.

EQUIPMENT
ORNATE ARMOUR:

As per Sanguinius

MASTER CRAFTER POWER SWORD:
Rogal Dorn carries a storm bolter and a Master Crafted Power Sword.

SPECIAL RULES
PRIMARCH:

As a Primarch, Dorn makes any units with 18" fearless and stubborn.

RIGHTEOUS FURY:
Dorn is a devout believer in the power of the Lord of Mankind, and accompanied him onto the Warmaster's Battle Barge. Any unit charged by Dorn must pass a Leadership test, or cannot react to his charge for that turn. They can react against his troops as usual.

SIEGE MASTER:
Dorn is a siege master. As such, all bunkers in an army commanded by Dorn are armour 14, and all tank traps etc. are armour 13.
In addition, Dorn's army may make use of up to THREE minefields placed anywhere up to and including 18" from the enemy deployment zone.
They may also use the Special Rules for PRELIMINARY BOMBARDMENT.

ULTRA TOUGH:
The Primarch cannot be killed instantly, not even by a weapon wielded by Horus or the Emperor.

HATES IRON WARRIORS:
Dorn has a mutual deep hatred for the Iron Warriors Primarch Perturabo, and this extends to his subordinates. Whenever facing the Iron Warriors, Imperial Fists lead by Dorn must pass a Ld test at the beginning of each to turn, or rush headlong towards the nearest Iron Warrior unit.

CORAX

[table][tr][td]Unit[/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Ws[/td][td]Bs[/td][td]S[/td][td]T[/td][td]W[/td][td]I[/td][td]A[/td][td]Ld[/td][td]Sv[/td][/tr][tr][td]Corax[/td][td]650[/td][td]6[/td][td]5[/td][td]6[/td][td]6[/td][td]5[/td][td]7[/td][td]5[/td][td]12[/td][td]2+[/td][/tr][/table]

Equipment: Ravensword, Storm Bolter, Ornate Armour.
Special Rules: Primarch, Meticulous, Hates Horus

EQUIPMENT:
Ravensword:

This is a powerful Power Sword, gifted to Corax to help him pacify his locale sector. It contains an energy field which will slice through almost any armour as though it is paper. As such, the Ravensword counts as a Master-Crafted Power sword, and adds 1 to the Primarch's already prodigious strength.

Ornate Armour:
Corax wears a suit of ancient and ornate Power Armour. As such, he gains a 2+ save and a 2+ Invulnerable save.

SPECIAL RULES:
Meticulous:

Corax was notorious for being a meticulous planner, and as such was always well aware of the exact positioning of his enemies, and exactly where to apply pressure to make their lines break.
An army commanded by Corax can move every unit 6" in any direction before the game begins. They can also make use of the PRELIMINARY BOMBARDMENT rules from the rulebook. However, the bombardment will hit on a 4+ rather than a 6+.

Primarch:
Corax is a Primarch, a god amongst men. As such, his men follow him with unswerving faith. All friendly units within 18" of Corax become fearless and immune to morale.

Hates Horus:
Before the Heresy, Corax and Horus came to blows and blood was almost spilled. Many of Horus innumerable victories would not have been successful were it not for the Raven Guard legion, and Corax did not like Horus' boastful manner.
The two never fought alongside each other again. As such, no army can contain Corax if it also contains Horus. In addition, if Horus leads the enemy army, Corax's troops must make a d6 roll at the beginning of each turn. If they roll a 1, they must move 2d6" in the direction of the nearest enemy unit.
Old 27 Sep 2005, 02:26   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

PTS WS BS S T W I A LD SV

Perturabo 650 6 5 6 6 5 7 5 12 2+

Equipment: Siegebreaker, Possessed Armour, Bionic Augmentation, Storm Bolter.

Special Rules: Primarch, Siege Master, Hates Imperial Fists, Mercurial

Siegebreaker:
Perturabo carries a powerful hammer named Siegebreaker. It counts as a master crafted thunder hammer, and in addition adds 1 to the wielder's strength in combat.

Possessed Armour:
Perturabo's suit of ancient Power Armour is possessed by power daemons and has the souls of his victims woven into it. As such, it confers unto him a 2+ Invulnerable Save.

Bionic Augmentation:
Perturabo has been bionically augmented over the years. As such, he can negate his finl killing wound on a 4+ (effectively a second Invulnerable save).

Primarch:
Perturabo is a Primarch, and as such his troops have unswerving loyalty to him. Any unit within 18" of him is immune to morale of any kind (e.g. pinning, morale tests, etc) and become FEARLESS.

Siege Master:

Perturabo is a Siege Master. As such, when an Iron Warriors army commanded by him is the defender, all Iron Warrior bunkers have armour 14, and all Iron Warrior tank traps have armour 13. In addition, they may make use of the preliminary bombardment special rule.

Hates Imperial Fists:
Perturabo and Rogal Dorn have a mutual hatred which infects those troops beneath them also. When fighting against the Imperial Fists, any units in an army commanded by Perturabo must pass a leadership test. If they fail, they must charge 2d6" towards the nearest Imperial Fists unit.

Ultra Tough:

Perturabo is a Primarch and as such is Ultra Tough. No weapon cn cause him Instant Death (not even one wielded by the Emperor or another Primarch).

Mercurial:
Perturabo was a notoriously mercurial Primarch, using new methods and tactics. To represent his enigmatic nature, all troops under his command are more highly trained with some new and unusual tactic (varies depending on scenario). As such, they can choose one of the following:

Tank Hunters: +10 pts per squad
All units with this uprgrade add +1 to all Armour penetration rolls.

Sharpshooters:
+5 pts per squad.
The units have been trained to target specific members of the enemy army and add +1 to the ballistic skill.

Siege Masters: +20 pts per squad
The units have been trained in the art of defending fortifications. All units occupying a bunker/trench add +1 to toughness and +1 to BS.

PTS WS BS S T W I A LD SV
Angron 680 7 4 7 6 5 4 6 12 2+

Equipment: Runesword, Possessed armour, Chain Axe, Bionic Augmentation.
Special Rules: Primarch, Blood Lust

Runesword;
Angron carries a powerful chaos runesword. This weapon counts as a Master-Crafted Power Weapon. In addition, for every wound it causes, roll a d6. On a 5/6, an additional wound is caused (NOTE: DOES NOT AFFECT PRIMARCHS OR THE EMPEROR). Against enemy armour, this weapon rolls 2d6 for armour penetration.

Possessed Armour:

Angron wears a suit of possessed armour similar to that of Perturabo. As such, he gains a 2+ Invulnerable save.

Bionic Augmentation:
Whilst on his home planet, Angron was slave. He had bionic implants added to make him a better pit-fighter. As such, whenever Angron recieves a Killing Wound (a wound which would strip him of his final Wound) he rolls a d6. On a 4+ the wound is negated.

Primarch:
Angron is a Primarch. As such, all of his troops are utterly faithful to his cause. Any friendly unit within 18" of Angron becomes fearless and immune to Morale of any kind (e.g. pinning, morale tests etc).

Ultra Tough:
Angron is a Primarch and is Ultra Tough. No weapon can cause him instant death (not even one wielded by the Emperor or another Primarch).

Fulgrim - Voice of Slaanesh

PTS WS BS S T W I A LD SAVE

650 10 5 5 6 5 6 5 12 2+ inv

Fulgrim may only be used with your opponents consent, and scenarios of your own devising. If Fulgrim is taken no other HQ units may be fielded. Daemons will gain a +1 to their roles for summoning, which is cumulative with the bonus for pure cult armies.

Wargear –

Fulgrim's vast experience and gifts granted by his patron have superceded the need for any additional wargear and equipment and he goes into battle wielding only six finely wrought daemon-blades of crimson and gold, one in each of his sinuous arms, and a powerful, ornate bolt pistol. He is clad only in his daemonic visage and clothing of exquisite beauty, crafted by his consort-queens in the Eye of Terror.

Special rules:

Monstrous creature, poisoned blades, Soporific Musk, Chosen of Slaanesh, fleet of foot (tentacle), Primarch, Ultra Tough.

Fulgrim has the following gifts of the gods in addition to his profile. Daemonic speed, daemonic flight (yes, both), Daemonic Resilience. He is also immune to anything which requires a Leadship test (morale, psychic attacks etc).

Poisoned Blades:
Each of Fulgrim’s Daemon blades contains the bound essence of a great Keeper of Secrets, bound forever in his service. When struck by one the Daemon will grasp the soul of the unfortunate victim and cause horrific damage with the merest touch.
Fulgrim will always wound on a 3+, no matter what. Additionally, for each wound caused the defender must take a leadership test. If it fails, he will suffer instant death. This overrules any immunities to instant death that may exist, with the exception of the Ultra Tough rule (cannot instantly kill a Primarch or the Emperor.

Soporific musk:
Fulgrim has been granted Psychic powers that mere mortals only dream of. These he uses for many purposes, and in battle he can appear as any individual dear to his opposition, be it their Sergeant, company Chaplain or even their Primarch themselves.
Any unit must pass a leadership test to shoot at Fulgrim, or assault him. This may prevent any one unit or indepedent character shooting at Fulgrim (or targeting him with psychic powers) automatically once per game, with no leadership test required.

Chosen of Slaanesh:
Fulgrim is supremely favoured by his god, and provides much enjoyment to the prince of pleasure. He is able to summon Slaaneshi Daemons from the Immaterium almost at will, and while in the vicinity of Fulgrim they will feed off his energy and will not need to return to the warp until Fulgrim departs or is slain.

At the start of every turn that Fulgrim choose not to perform an action he may attempt to summon daemons by rolling on the table below:

1 Fulgrim has fallen foul to rival daemons while performing the dark rites. He instantly suffers a wound with no saves possible.

2 Fulgrim's attention is not focused enough and the daemons shimmer in the air before disappearing back to the warp.

3 Fulgrim is successful and 6 daemonettes appear by his side. These form a unit with Fulgrim and are subject to instability as normal.

4 Fulgrim is in an area of great power and 12 daemonettes appear by his side, forming a unit with him. They are not subject to instability tests.

5 Slaanesh is taking great interest in the battle and a Keeper Of Secrets appears by Fulgrim, forming a bodyguard. Any hits that this mini-unit suffers may be assigned to the Daemon instead of Fulgrim. It is subject to instability tests.

6 Fulgrim has performed well and granted much amusement to his God. A troupe of 12 daemonettes and a Keeper of secrets appear and will form a unit with Fulgrim instantly. They follow the bodyguard rules above, are immune to all psychic powers as their god watches over them but will still suffer from instability tests. They drain considerable power, however and Fulgrim will suffer one wound for each turn they are present (including the turn they are summoned). When Fulgrim is banished to the warp (slain), the daemons will also vanish. These wounds cannot be saved by any means.

Primarch:
Fulgrim is a Primarch, and as such he commands great respect amongst his men. Any friendly unit within 18" of him become fearless and are completely immune to morale (no leadership checks, pinning tests etc).

Ultra Tough:
Fulgrim is a Primarch, and as such is Ultra Tough. He cannot suffer an instant death from ANY weapon, even one which is wielded by the Emperor or Horus, or another Primarch.

BODYGUARD:Fulgrim may not take the usual bodyguard, as he can summon Slaaneshi daemons to his cause.

i just found these i think i'll make up some of my own Pre-Heresy Primarch Rules
Old 27 Sep 2005, 04:40   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

ok, those rules are seriously skewed...for example, jaghatai khan is quite nticeably weaker than sanguinius, having very few special rules and noadditional gear...as well as similar stats. and yet he costs the same amount...normally i'd call this sanguinius love (blood angles seem to have a fetish about sangunius being the most warlike and battle-honed primarch, when the fluff adds nothing to support this. similar to some space wolves player bizarre idea that russ was the largest...blatantly discredited by the fluff...although russ did break the back of the largest primarch ), except for the fact that this occurs more than once.

so honestly, i wouldn't suggest using these as serious primarch rules, without some serious fiddling (wargamer: i'm looking at you)

oh, and tefnik: could you please provide a source for these rules, crediting the author with their creation

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 27 Sep 2005, 06:56   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

yes sorry they are from http://salty180.tripod.com/id34.html

(the Sanguinius rules were made by the guy who owns a 40k website dedicated to Blood angels so your right BloodiedFangs)
Old 27 Sep 2005, 07:53   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Primarch/Emperor rules eh? No prob, I'll have them up tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Closed Thread