Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Black Templar preview in the new WD issue
Closed Thread
Old 22 Sep 2005, 15:09   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Black Templar preview in the new WD issue

Anyone else read the Black Templar preview? It sounds pretty badass. O0

Favoring close-combat, but not succumbing to the Blood Angels' little "OMG I'M SANGUINUS! THIS IS SO GONNA RULE!" Plus, new bitchin' tunics for the models. Looks like I'm making a Black Templar force soon. Anyone else excited?
Old 22 Sep 2005, 16:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Shovah Send a message via MSN to Shovah Send a message via Yahoo to Shovah
Default Re: Black Templar preview in the new WD issue

I don't get WD, but the stuff I am hearing about the Black Templars, i want to gget a force f them too ;D ;D O0 O0

"... and if machine spirit is not roused, the Lithany of Profanity should be spoken, followed by ritual striking of machine with one's fist. After which, depress the red rune again."

[taken from Adeptus Mechanicus manual]
Old 22 Sep 2005, 19:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

I'm curious about point costs... They didn't change alot of the point costs for a few of the Templar units in 4th. But this made sense as alot of our units were overpowered for the unit choice. (Like putting 2 powerfists in an assault squad)

However I heard that Crusaders can be taken as Transport Choices. Now I know that's a bit much.. but that IS JUST HOT! It'll be interesting to see if they drop the cost of them a little (20 - 25 points perhaps) to allow Templar to truly roll multiple Crusaders w/o forcing us to pay the same as other Chapters are for taking multiple ones. Templar kinda lost some of their unit exclusivity in that regard when the new Marine Codex made them available to everyone
as 3 possible Heavy Choices.

I'm also looking for more creative (even toned down) vows as my friends mess with me when I play Templar for taking the only vow worth taking. They even gave me a special Photoshop'd rendition of the new Templar Codex cover with the wonderful subtitle at the bottom it saying: "We hit on 3+" I guess they are still kinda bitter about that.

-SaturN
Old 22 Sep 2005, 19:26   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I dont get WD anymore, but I have a small BT force, planning to expand it with the update. I have a normal land raider and a Crusader, but ive never used the crusader. My good friend just started orks. This should be fun...

I plan to get...
BT Command squad
BT tactical squad (This has 10 guys, right?)
BT assault squad
and probably BT Rhino, although Ill see about that one... and the new term Chaplain, to go with my Term assault squad

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 22 Sep 2005, 20:03   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Stankov
I dont get WD anymore, but I have a small BT force, planning to expand it with the update. I have a normal land raider and a Crusader, but ive never used the crusader. My good friend just started orks. This should be fun...

I plan to get...
BT Command squad
BT tactical squad (This has 10 guys, right?)
BT assault squad
and probably BT Rhino, although Ill see about that one... and the new term Chaplain, to go with my Term assault squad
Despite the Fact I have over 1500 points in fully painted/flocked Infantry and about another 1500 in Armor I'm still getting the battleforce that's coming out. If there is an Army Deal with a special edition mini, I'll get that instead, of course. I still don't have a command squad, so that and the Templar Rhino will be perfect. I don't have any Marshals since, it was stupid to get one w/o them having an invulnerable save, so I'm definitely getting stocked up on whatever Black Templar leader figs they release. Overall I'm looking forward to the new minis, but not the huge surge of "me too!" Templar players that will come out of the same holes they emerged from initially when the Codex: Armageddon came out.

/Has been a Templar player since they were nothing more than a cover on the 3rd Edition Rule Book and the back cover of the 3rd Edition Marine Codex.

//Has an original squad of Bolter Marines to prove it!

-SaturN
Old 22 Sep 2005, 22:39   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to SMRCommander

I heard you can create a Crusade Chapter. I'll prob do that instead of an actual BT force, as I tend to favor my own personal army.

I hope they kept the Emporer's Champion HQ unit. His Black Sword was so cool...

Thinking of something appropriate to put into ym sig as of now...
Old 23 Sep 2005, 00:44   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Shovah Send a message via MSN to Shovah Send a message via Yahoo to Shovah

It looks like the Black Sword is going to be back. Look up Emperor's Champion. I think I will start a Crusade chapter too

http://oz.games-workshop.com/games/4...er/default.htm

"... and if machine spirit is not roused, the Lithany of Profanity should be spoken, followed by ritual striking of machine with one's fist. After which, depress the red rune again."

[taken from Adeptus Mechanicus manual]
Old 23 Sep 2005, 01:05   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Tau_Killer

i can't wait till they bring out the new models, i want a 10,000 point army, i have 5000 points already and with the new models coming out ill complete Crusade Tempest finally >

Made By Kais, Offical Siggy Maker

Black Templar 5200 points

Orks & Goblin 2300 points points

Tyranids, 60 points

wood elves, 2000 points

The only good alien is a dead alien
Old 23 Sep 2005, 15:22   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Yeah, the "preview" wasn't all that much- two pages on the hsitory of the BT, and a couple of hints as to what'll be done in the mini Codex. However, they just look so sweet to me that I can't help but get excited.

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with Blacksword?
Old 23 Sep 2005, 17:51   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feeple
Yeah, the "preview" wasn't all that much- two pages on the hsitory of the BT, and a couple of hints as to what'll be done in the mini Codex.* However, they just look so sweet to me that I can't help but get excited.

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with Blacksword?
Word around the camp fire is it will be a Str 6 power weapon. No word yet on if you can still use it as a powerfist. But if they make it Str 6, I'm seriously doubting it. So in the end it sounds alot like the Dark Angel's Sword of Secrets (Str. 6 power weapon).

-SaturN
Closed Thread