Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Can Space Marine HQ choices be given terminator Honors?
Closed Thread
Old 21 Sep 2005, 05:29   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Can Space Marine HQ choices be given terminator Honors?

Please help to settle an argument. Can Chaplains, Librarians, and Captains be given Terminator Honors?
Old 21 Sep 2005, 06:46   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Can Space Marine HQ choices be given terminator Honors?

I'd think they already have it, and it's built into their statline...or it'd be like promoting a general to sergeant :P

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 21 Sep 2005, 06:59   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to king.com

Yes you can. Burn anyone as a Heretic who says you can't.
Old 21 Sep 2005, 07:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

repent, fool.

Quote:
Old 21 Sep 2005, 07:11   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by march10k
I'd think they already have it, and it's built into their statline...or it'd be like promoting a general to sergeant :P
Methinks you should read your Codex...

Every squad gets 1 Sergeant.

"Veteran" Sergeants are members of the First Company who have returned to a battle/reserve company to instruct and assist their battle-brothers. They have Terminator Honours because they were trained in the use of Tactical Dreadnought Armour.

Likewise, giving Terminator Honours to a Commander, Chaplain or Librarian shows they are, or were, members of the First Company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 21 Sep 2005, 10:43   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yes they can be given Terminator Honours. For an explanation read your codex or the reply above. It's quite simple..
Old 21 Sep 2005, 11:27   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

this is where the interactive codexes (of which I have both) rule, I would recommend you get either one of them, it is well worth the $55 (Australian monies, I&#39;m an ozzy). They give you two columns in the unit selection process, one is what your unit has and the other, a list of what wargear is available also if you give your unit an illegal upgrade or something of the like it will tell you that you&#39;ve done something wrong.

Breifly, yes you can give your HQ&#39;s Termie honours and secondly I am hereby promoting Allies and Enemies of the imperium (please no replies saying that allies and Enemies of the imperium aren&#39;t great, it&#39;s my opinion that they are good, it is your right to have the opinion that it is not just don&#39;t attack me about it please)

bye
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Old 21 Sep 2005, 22:13   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

I thought you could! Thanks King and Wargamer, and all who replied. I have an all infantry army and am adding two chaplain reclusiarchs to the list to make up for the lack of Mobility. I am in the process of converting two minis to represent the Imperial answer to crisis suits."I will play against Tau a-lot and have worked this into the fluff. They are equipped with the standard equipment plus: artificer armor, bionics ( for fluff reasons to support the conversions) Jump packs, frag grenades, Plazma pistols(shoulder mounted predator style) and yes terminator honours. The goal is to have a nasty close combat machine able to bolster any Tactical squad on short notice. The Two of them together might be a little cheesy but what the heck I don&#39;t have any tanks or speeders. Back to the topic. The extra attacks are worth the 15 points because they will operate as independent characters quite often as nothing else in the army can keep up with them, and I was told I could not do that. Thanks again guys. I love this website.
Old 23 Sep 2005, 10:03   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by march10k
I&#39;d think they already have it, and it&#39;s built into their statline...or it&#39;d be like promoting a general to sergeant :P
Methinks you should read your Codex...

Every squad gets 1 Sergeant.

"Veteran" Sergeants are members of the First Company who have returned to a battle/reserve company to instruct and assist their battle-brothers. They have Terminator Honours because they were trained in the use of Tactical Dreadnought Armour.

Likewise, giving Terminator Honours to a Commander, Chaplain or Librarian shows they are, or were, members of the First Company.
As I&#39;ve stated before, my codex is in North America, while I am in Asia...my vision isn&#39;t that great. However, it is my opinion that they should not have access to that upgrade, as it should be assumed that they had this much earlier in their careers. I think anyone not worthy of terminator honors isn&#39;t worthy of command. Imagine, the grand master of a thousand space marines, ignorant of how to wear tactical dreadnaught armor? Incredible! :P
Due to an error in translation, the isolated colony of T&#39;ves&#39;kal&#39;dai mistakenly worshiped the greater goose for seven generations. Reeducation efforts continue.

Quote:
Old 25 Sep 2005, 07:26   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to king.com

As I&#39;ve stated before, my codex is in North America, while I am in Asia...my vision isn&#39;t that great.* However, it is my opinion that they should not have access to that upgrade, as it should be assumed that they had this much earlier in their careers.* I think anyone not worthy of terminator honors isn&#39;t worthy of command.* Imagine, the grand master of a thousand space marines, ignorant of how to wear tactical dreadnaught armor?* Incredible! :P
[/quote]

Well i don&#39;t think the captains of the 10 company (scouts) would know how to use it but thats just me!