Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

i need an anti eldar tau and ork army
Old 24 Aug 2010, 14:09   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default i need an anti eldar tau and ork army

I recently bought a assault on black reach set and i recently bought 5 scouts with sniper rifles and a chapter master to replace my captain on the aobr set . I placed a meltagun and a lightning claw. My scouts have 4 snipers and 1 missile launcher. I need to beat my friends in a 500 pt until 2000pt game. My aim to to beat my friend you plays tau and his units are 9 broadsides,1 hammerhead,10-15 pathfinders , 1 or 2 sets if fire warriors (by sets i mean the boxes that you buy )and he has railguns on the broadsides and he already told me that he can fire 192 shots with 5 strength and 5 armor piercing. His HQ is o`shav . My aim for eldar is only to defend against units found in the battleforce and wraithlords. Im not really sure about the orks but all i need is to defend myself will wiping out his forces with strong counterattacks. I also heard that my friend the play orks has already beat my friend with tau but im not really sure about his units. Any help would be very helpful
soon_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2010, 20:02   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Mirage
Default Re: i need an anti eldar tau and ork army

You want an army that can beat the $&@! Out of some xenos scum? You'll need a flexible list with plenty of firepower and tough enough to take what they'll throw at you. 192 s5 shots can be a scary proposition, however mathhammer it- they have BS3, so they only hit on a 4+... 92 shots now! S5 will wound t4 on a 3+, meaning about 63 wound, now mitigate that again by power armor's 3+ save- 43 make it through. To mitigate the s5 shots, I would reccomend a captain on a bike to get bikers as troops (makes those pulse rifle kills go down to 23!)

The trick to besting orks is large template weapons. With any marine force you can get drop pods with 12" s5 large blast templates. Also thunderfire cannons can wreak havoc on any horde army.

Eldar are a tough opponent, thier specialized troops are hard to be constantly ready for. Just assume eldar will beat you in intitiative, so embrace this and use assault termis w/ th and ss.

Tau are easy to beat with a fast, tough army, so it's reasonable to assume your ork opponent is very mechanized or on bikes.
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2010, 14:58   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

my eldar friend planned to have a match 7 weeks from now and i expect warp spiders him to use along with his shooting eldar units what ways can i counter it i plan to buy around 15 more snipers to add with mine. I`ll also buy teminators equiped with thunder hammer and shield . I'll also use my aobr but only change the captain for a chapter master. how will i be able to use orbital bombardment well ?
Old 25 Aug 2010, 22:20   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

okay, for the orks, you want loads of shots, they can't field anything that will survive hundreds of bolter shots at close range, other then light tanks, so stick a few more powerful weapons in to counter that. don't let them close

Eldar are fast moving, but they are weak, same as with orcs hit them alot, and try and get something in that's above strength 6 to take out tanks and maybe instant kills their hq just don't let them use their agility.

tau is more problematic, you can't shoot until 48" and can't really harm them till 24", try and get more long range stuff in, but also flank them, a lot
mamba21500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2010, 00:34   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Mirage

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon_j
my eldar friend planned to have a match 7 weeks from now and i expect warp spiders him to use along with his shooting eldar units what ways can i counter it i plan to buy around 15 more snipers to add with mine. I`ll also buy teminators equiped with thunder hammer and shield . I'll also use my aobr but only change the captain for a chapter master. how will i be able to use orbital bombardment well ?
thunderhammer/ stormshields good! scouts- meh... Orbital bombardment is psychological at best. If I wanted to really make a death from above army list, I would make a witchhunter or daemonhunter list. OB is the trump card your opponent knows you have, and will make eliminating your chapter master a priority. As far as the effectiveness? I put it as good as hunter killer missiles - very hot or cold (usually cold)
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2010, 08:24   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

what else do i have to add to make a great and strong 1000 point team against tau eldar orks and necrons . I dont care about the tactics you give me so anything is ok but i only care about the price (i need a cheap but strong army if possible)
Old 27 Aug 2010, 09:38   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

tactics is much more important than the models in a game of 40K, you can win a battle with a poor army, by using it well.

you want as many different units as you can in the army, when you're fighting such a varied army as that, you want some deepstriking units that can take out long ranged guns and engage tau in combat whilst the rest of your army comes up. You want some heavy weapons to mow down units and take out tanks. You want some normal marines. And some tanks Marines are the core of a marine army, so build it around strong units of them.

10 man marine squad 215 points
plasma gun
rhino transport

9 man marine squad 194 points
melta bombs
rhino transport

that's the core of your army

assault squad 105 pts
melta bombs

assault squad 105 pts
melta bombs

that's what's going to get in the enemy, take out tanks, and tie up powerful units so that they can't shoot or attack further

captain 115
power weapon

he'll go with the melta bomb tactical squad, he won't be needed much, and he does a similar thing to the assault marines, ties up enemy units.

with the remaining 250 points, a devastator squad, or a land raider (if you choose the land raider, drop a rhino from an assault squad, and use the points to upgrade units a bit)

6 man dev squad 246 pts
2 missile launchers
2 heavy bolters

these will hang back at about 36 inches in heavy cover, and shoot all that appears it also gives you an extra marine that you can take as off as a casualty before you need to remove the sergeant, and then the heavy weapons troops. don't forget cover though.

there you are, a versatile 1000pt list.

mamba21500 is offline   Reply With Quote