Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1,000 "Meh" SWolf list
Old 31 May 2010, 14:25   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default 1,000 "Meh" SWolf list

I was bored, decided to write up a small Wolf list. I highly doubt this would be competitive, but it might be fun in friendly games.

Wolf Lord: 190
-Terminator armor, chainfist, storm shield, Beastslayer saga

Wolf Guard: 300
-5 men:
-2 Guard in power armor, one with a power fist and combi-melta, other with frost blade and plasma pistol
-3 Guard in terminator armor with frost blades and storm shields and one cyclone

Lone Wolf: 65
-Terminator armor, pair of wolf claws

Grey Hunters: 180
-5 men, meltagun, power fist
-Razorback: twin-linked lascannon

Grey Hunters: 140
-5 men, plasma gun, power weapon
-Razorback: twin-linked heavy bolter

Vindicator: 125
-Siege shield
Old 31 May 2010, 20:18   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: 1,000 "Meh" SWolf list

I like it. A lot of fancy weapons and a fair amount of tanks given the points level. My major worry is the extremely tiny model count. I'm not really sure how to help that without massively changing the list though - using Razorbacks over Rhinos and using a Terminator unit are certainly going to result in a low model count at this points level.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2010, 20:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I suppose I could drop the Lone Wolf, and maybe the vindicator. The vindicator is the corner stone of the list though, and makes a great centerpiece...Suppose I could downgrade the lord to runic armor and frost blade.
Old 07 Jun 2010, 01:12   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Updated Wolf list, one that I think I might use sometime:

Wolf Lord: 175
-Frost axe, plasma pistol, runic armor, Saga of Majesty

Grey Hunters Pack: 200
-10x, 2 flamers, power weapon
-Rhino

Grey Hunters Pack: 210
-10x, 2 meltaguns, power weapon
-Rhino

Blood Claws Pack: 130
-5x, flamer, power weapon

Long Fangs Pack: 170
-6x, 1 plasma cannon, 4 heavy bolters

Vindicator: 115
Old 14 Jun 2010, 16:15   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

At a 1k points, WL is too expensive, so is the Plasma Pistol. Your better off with a WGBL with Beast Slayer.

LFs need more Anti-Tank, So a Lascannon or two would be better. Missile Launchers would do if you need the points.

How about a Dred instead of the Vindi. Hide it behind the LF Razorback. Have it with Las/ML.

WT
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Wolf-Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2010, 21:17   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf-Tau
How about a Dred instead of the Vindi. Hide it behind the LF Razorback. Have it with Las/ML.
Quote:
The vindicator is the corner stone of the list though, and makes a great centerpiece
Nah. I like my vindicator.

I agree that the Lord is a bit expensive. Maybe in the future I'll demote him to a Battle Leader, and with the points I save, I'll upgrade the Fangs.

Going down to my LGS tomorrow, might proxy this list and see how it goes. Or I might bring my Deathwing...I'm not sure yet.
Old 14 Jun 2010, 22:11   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf-Tau
Quote:
The vindicator is the corner stone of the list though, and makes a great centerpiece
Nah. I like my vindicator.

I agree that the Lord is a bit expensive. Maybe in the future I'll demote him to a Battle Leader, and with the points I save, I'll upgrade the Fangs.

Going down to my LGS tomorrow, might proxy this list and see how it goes. Or I might bring my Deathwing...I'm not sure yet.
Well, if you have more Space Wolf questions I can help. I never liked my Vindi. It never did enough for me.

WT
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Wolf-Tau is offline   Reply With Quote