Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Dread/Deathcompany Drop Pod Assault
Old 25 May 2010, 15:19   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Dread/Deathcompany Drop Pod Assault

So once again Im looking at Deathcompany. My first one had a bunch of DC squads in pods but I wasnt as fond of it.

So heres my revised list.

Librarian-100

Furioso Dreadnought-125
Drop Pod-35

Furioso Dreadnought-125
Drop Pod-35

Furioso Dreadnought-125
Drop Pod-35

25x Death Company-2x Powerfists,Bolters-580
Drop Pod-35

Death company Dreadnought-125
drop pod-35

drop pod-35

drop pod-35

drop pod-35

drop pod-35

So the Deathcompany start on the table, shieled by the libraraian and march up the table with 25 relentless bolter shots. The First Pod wave is the 5 DC dreads to cause havoc to the enemy and then the Furiosos can follow up later. The DC have a dead pod so that I can get all five dreads turn one and it can contest an objective my oppenent has if I need too.

All the DC dreads are armed with Blood Talons. Thinking of Doing the same thing with the Furiosos but thinking the Blood fist and Frag launcher might be good too.

So let me know what you guys think.
Valten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2010, 18:58   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to HijiriOni Send a message via MSN to HijiriOni Send a message via Yahoo to HijiriOni
Default Re: Dread/Deathcompany Drop Pod Assault

Blood Talons and DC cover all the anti-troop you need if you can get them towards the troops. Also all the dreads come with meltaguns standard so you have 8 meltaguns. So it's got plenty of anti-tank and plenty of anti-troop. You may end up having to change which things come down during the drop pod assault depending on whether your enemy has land raiders or something else but it has the flexibility to do so.

The only real weakness the list has is something you'd only see in the tournament scene, or against players being arsehats. Inquisitors + Mystics.
Old 25 May 2010, 19:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yeah pretty much but at that point I guess I would just foot slog and use the Pods to form a giant wall for cover. What do you think I should arm the Furioso's with?
Valten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2010, 19:51   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to jonnyp

That bunch of deaht company could be fairly nasty. Only issue could be that you might get caught with your pants down agaisnt a bunch of infantry mounted heavy weapons on the turn you guys come in. You drop in against a shooty spacewolf, or IG army and you will probably lose a chunk of what even they decide to kill. LRBTs, Demolishers or executioners could really hurt if you dont take them out with melta guns turn, and since you dont get to charge Longfangs could decimate you before you get a chance to do much.
jonnyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2010, 22:33   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to HijiriOni Send a message via MSN to HijiriOni Send a message via Yahoo to HijiriOni

I vote for standard Furiosos, as 8 sets of blood talons is a bit much, having some claws would be nice as they insta-gib heros with their S10 and can break land raiders very easy. Your talons can't break raiders at all so they would hope the meltagun does and then start humping the raider in assault despite inability to kill.
Old 25 May 2010, 23:29   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valten
Drop Pod-35
Um why are the Death Company in a Drop Pod? They can't all fit in it & you can't combat squad them. Unfortunately there's no easy way to transport such a large number of DC. You'll have to foot slog them unfortunately. If you get 1st turn then you won't have to worry as it'll be raining dreads & your opponent will be occupied but if not then EVERY weapon will shoot at them. Start them in cover or better yet half out of LOS & not in cover if you get 2nd. Make sure the Libby has Shield of Sanguinus and run them like the madmen they are.

Scenario that just played in my head:
"Brother Skeld we were able to fit the entire Death Company into a single Drop Pod & deploy them to the planet's surface."
"Remarkable Brother Kristos. There were twenty-five listed in the Company. However did you accomplish this marvel."
"We had to secure a Lucius Drop Pod from the Flesh Tearers."
"'Secure.' I'm going to have to explain to the Brother Captain why we stole a pod from a friendly, allied chapter aren't I?"
"Sir that's the least of our problems."
"What else Kristos?"
"Well the pod doors would not stay closed and we had to jam the doors shut to load all Brothers and it refused to open upon deployment."
"I assume you pried it open after the battle was finished?"
"Yes Brother Skeld. However it was closed for the whole battle. Twenty-five angry Death Company Marines were trapped for an entire battle. Twenty-five armed Death Company Marines. Let me paint you a picture. Have you ever filled a blender with tomatoes and hit purée?"

Acts of Faith - I choose to ignore your reality and substitute my own...for the Emperor.

Glory for the first man to die! CHARGE!
trex238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2010, 23:33   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to jonnyp

Lol'd for a good five minutes...i really needed it too ;D
jonnyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2010, 01:24   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyp
Lol'd for a good five minutes...i really needed it too ;D
I do what I can ;D

Acts of Faith - I choose to ignore your reality and substitute my own...for the Emperor.

Glory for the first man to die! CHARGE!
trex238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2010, 01:28   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Unusualsuspect Send a message via MSN to Unusualsuspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malus Trux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valten
Drop Pod-35
Um why are the Death Company in a Drop Pod? They can't all fit in it & you can't combat squad them. Unfortunately there's no easy way to transport such a large number of DC. You'll have to foot slog them unfortunately. If you get 1st turn then you won't have to worry as it'll be raining dreads & your opponent will be occupied but if not then EVERY weapon will shoot at them. Start them in cover or better yet half out of LOS & not in cover if you get 2nd. Make sure the Libby has Shield of Sanguinus and run them like the madmen they are.

Scenario that just played in my head:
"Brother Skeld we were able to fit the entire Death Company into a single Drop Pod & deploy them to the planet's surface."
"Remarkable Brother Kristos. There were twenty-five listed in the Company. However did you accomplish this marvel."
"We had to secure a Lucius Drop Pod from the Flesh Tearers."
"'Secure.' I'm going to have to explain to the Brother Captain why we stole a pod from a friendly, allied chapter aren't I?"
"Sir that's the least of our problems."
"What else Kristos?"
"Well the pod doors would not stay closed and we had to jam the doors shut to load all Brothers and it refused to open upon deployment."
"I assume you pried it open after the battle was finished?"
"Yes Brother Skeld. However it was closed for the whole battle. Twenty-five angry Death Company Marines were trapped for an entire battle. Twenty-five armed Death Company Marines. Let me paint you a picture. Have you ever filled a blender with tomatoes and hit purée?"
I believe the Drop Pod is used to allow for a first turn 5 Dreadnaught drop, and that the Death Company footslog. Remember, even dedicated transports don't REQUIRE the unit it is dedicated to to ride it onto the table.
Old 26 May 2010, 01:37   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Actually, if it's dedicated, then only the unit it was bought for may be deployed/start in it. :P

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote