Warhammer 40K Forum

2,000 point Deathwing List Updated
Old 21 May 2010, 23:26   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default 2,000 point Deathwing List Updated

Check out further down the page for the new list
Old 27 May 2010, 01:10   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: 2,000 point Deathwing List (50 more points)

I say go for more chain fists, say two per squad. Reason: wound allocation. Stack the power weapon/AP2 onto them. At most you lose two Terminators instead of three. Also give the Cyclone Terminators lightning claws. They're already shooting and the four attacks at initative can be crucial. Alternatively a Hamminator is nice for the better save in close combat but this means if he bites it there goes heavy support.
Old 27 May 2010, 22:00   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Mirage

Ahh terminator spam, I see you're making good use of deathwing assault... With the upgraded squad I would make them very assault oriented, that banner comes in quite handy when belial and 3 termis have lightning claws.
Also, I understand why you want to take the dread and predator, but the problem with just taking 2 relatively light vehicles at 2k points means that everyones anti tank will be after them. Your dread seems confused to me, I never liked the lascannon/ missile launcher combo. My most effective dread combo has been plasma cannon and missile launcher- dropping 2 small blast templates on a troop choice will be harsh for anyone to count up.
It also adds the flexibility of being anti tank as well, launch the s8 shot with a plasma cannon at the same time and almost hope it will scatter onto another unit.
I would drop the predator and pick up a terminator chaplain instead, put him with belial into the assault terminator squad (2 lightning claws, 2 thunder hammer and storm shields with upgrades on them, and a heavy flamer with chainfist). It will make for a very scary assault squad.
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2010, 23:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

See lower
Old 08 Jun 2010, 22:48   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: 2,000 point Deathwing List FINAL list

Here's my updated and almost completely built Deathwing army.

Belial: 130
-Lightning claws

Deathwing Squad: 265
-Apothecary, 3 lightning claws, 1 hammer, cyclone

Deathwing Squad: 255
-2 chainfists, assault cannon

-2 claws, 2 chainfists, assault cannon

-2 chainfists, assault cannon

Deathwing Squad: 245
-2 chainfists, cyclone, hammer, claw

Deathwing Squad: 245
-2 chainfists, cyclone, hammer, claw

Vindicator: 125

Vindicator: 125

Predator: 100
-Sponson heavy bolters, pintle storm bolter
Old 09 Jun 2010, 09:38   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: 2,000 point Deathwing List Updated

Its looking good... I am presuming the Deathwing squads have 5 termies in each... I would perhaps reckomend combining a couple of the squads so you have one squad of 10... you will be suprised at how much extra fire this squad will draw leaving your other squads to hit pressure points.

Also how will you be entering the battle field? teleportation or just foot slogging?
Old 09 Jun 2010, 14:03   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: 2,000 point Deathwing List Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris the Tramp
Its looking good... I am presuming the Deathwing squads have 5 termies in each... I would perhaps reckomend combining a couple of the squads so you have one squad of 10... you will be suprised at how much extra fire this squad will draw leaving your other squads to hit pressure points.

Also how will you be entering the battle field? teleportation or just foot slogging?
Deathwing Squads can only be 5 men strong. I'll be making use of the Deathwing Assault rule.