Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Spectral Knights 1500
Old 07 May 2010, 01:12   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to LoTide Send a message via MSN to LoTide
Default Spectral Knights 1500

So, the theory behind this list relies on the idea that by using a droppod and a libby with the Infinity Gate, I can drop sternguard to the surface, glass ANYTHING I desire, then on the next turn pull out to the scout bikes nearby without having to worry about scatter. My only concern is that the rule says 'at the beginning of the librarian's movement', which means to me that I can move the scout bikes BEFORE porting out, but others might disagree. Thoughts?

Spectral Knights (Space Marines)
Total Points: 1,500
Total Units: 10

Librarian Sultek (Librarian), 180 points cost
Section: HQ
Wargear: Force Weapon, Psychic Hood, Terminator Armour, Storm Bolter
Other Upgrades: Epistolary: (Vortex of Doom, Gate of Infinity)

Master Bob (Master of the Forge), 165 points cost
Section: HQ
Wargear: Artificer Armour, Conversion Beamer, Frag/Krak, Digital Weapons, Bike

Knight Squad (Sternguard Veteran Squad), 365 points cost
Section: Elites
Number/Squad: -Sergeant w/ Poweraxe, Plasma Pistol. -Vet w/ Multimelta. -Vet w/ Heavy Flamer. -7 Vets w/ Combiplasmas
Wargear: Poweraxe, Plasma Pistol, Power Armour, Bolt Pistol, Special Issue Ammunition, Frag/Krak, Combi Plasma, Multimelta, Heavy Flamer
Transport: Drop Pod

Venerable Cho'gath (Ironclad Dreadnought), 150 points cost
Wargear: Seismic Hammer(w/ Meltagun), DCCW(w/ Storm Bolter), Smoke Launchers, Searchlight, Extra Armour, Ironclad Assault Launchers

Venerable Tarrik (Ironclad Dreadnought), 150 points cost
Wargear: Seismic Hammer(w/ Meltagun), DCCW(w/ Storm Bolter), Smoke Launchers, Searchlight, Extra Armour, Ironclad Assault Launchers

Neophyte Squad Alpha (Scouts), 100 points cost
Section: Troops
Wargear: Scout Armour, Bolt Pistol, Shotgun, Frag/Krak, Powerfist

Neophyte Squad Omega (Scouts), 100 points cost
Section: Troops
Wargear: Scout Armour, Bolt Pistol, Shotgun, Frag/Krak, Powerfist

Storm Alpha (Land Speeder Storm), 65 points cost
Section: Fast Attack
Wargear: Multimelta, Jamming Beacon, Cerberus Launcher

Storm Omega (Land Speeder Storm), 65 points cost
Wargear: Multimelta, Jamming Beacon, Cerberus Launcher

Neophyte Biker Squad (Scout Bike Squadron), 160 points cost
Number/Squad: -Sergeant w/ Powerfist, Shotgun, Astartes GL, Locator Beacon. -x2 Scouts w/ Bolt Pistol, Shotgun, Astartes GL
Wargear: Scout Armour, Bolt Pistol, Frag/Krak, Bike, Shotgun, Locator Beacon, Clustermines, Astartes Grenade Launchers, Power Fist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero - 55 BC
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
LoTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2010, 07:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Spectral Knights 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manatee
So, the theory behind this list relies on the idea that by using a droppod and a libby with the Infinity Gate, I can drop sternguard to the surface, glass ANYTHING I desire, then on the next turn pull out to the scout bikes nearby without having to worry about scatter. My only concern is that the rule says 'at the beginning of the librarian's movement', which means to me that I can move the scout bikes BEFORE porting out, but others might disagree. Thoughts?
I've got to say that that combo is genius. Never thought to combine the teleport homers with gate of infinity.
As for moving the bikes then the Librarian Gate'ing, that should be fine, you basically use Gate instead of moving him normally, nothing says you have to do that before anything else.

But pure Genius, I might have to use it.
lemon-green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2010, 15:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Thanks, we'll see how it goes tomorrow tho. :P
Quote:
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
Old 07 May 2010, 17:03   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

That tactic is indeed genius. I wish I had thought of it. :sadnshocked:

I would run 2 Librarians, 2 Stern, and at least 2 Scout bikes, myself, but I see your has other tactics in mind beyond a Nightcrawler Sternguard unit.

I like the list. I can't help but feel it's really low on the model count but it doesn't seem there is much that can be done about that.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2010, 17:07   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I figure between 3-4 drop pods w/ locator beacons can give the libs enough coverage to ferry groups around most of the table safely.

I'm going to build a list around this and test it out next game night. Great job!
zjordan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2010, 17:14   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I thought Teleport Homers only worked for Teleporting Termies.

For anything Deepstriking another way than that you'd need Locator Beacons.

Just a little detail... although I see your Scout Bikers have Locator Beacons so that wouldn't change your plan...

edit: cool, just checking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Yeah Ahab, your not nearly dirty minded enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Spectre
Mass Effect Two please have my babies.
Help people at the hungersite.com
Shasel_Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2010, 17:17   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

No, the Scout Bikers have a beacon that allows any deepstriking unit to not scatter. This is different from the ones you can get on just about any infantry unit.
Quote:
Old 07 May 2010, 17:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

That is true, Ahab. However, Scouts and Drop Pods can take Locators, whereas Teleport Homers are on most other squads. It won't change Manatee's list.

Ninja'd by Manatee. :P
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2010, 20:17   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

We thought of this when the codex came out, but with drop Pods. We dismissed it as being a little unreliable. Hilarious though, jumping around from pod to pod and sternguarding anything in sight. We used Avenger too, just to be a real dick and avoid the vortex scattering onto freindly units, and whith it being usable on a normal libbie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2010, 01:38   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
We thought of this when the codex came out, but with drop Pods. We dismissed it as being a little unreliable. Hilarious though, jumping around from pod to pod and sternguarding anything in sight. We used Avenger too, just to be a real stick and avoid the vortex scattering onto freindly units, and whith it being usable on a normal libbie.
This is what I thought of after reading this, using the Drop Pods etc.

As soon as you try to use it on the same opponent again though... they'll wise up to it very quickly indeedy.

I also thought about having say a dreadnought coming out of the Drop pod as a lure, then gating in and killing whatever showed it's head...
lemon-green is offline   Reply With Quote