Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

2500 Point Blood Angels Tournament List
Old 22 Apr 2010, 17:23   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to HijiriOni Send a message via MSN to HijiriOni Send a message via Yahoo to HijiriOni
Default 2500 Point Blood Angels Tournament List

HQ#1
Commander Dante

HQ#2
Librarian
Epistolary
Terminator Armour with Storm Shield
Blood Lance and Wings of Sanquinius

Honour Guard
Chapter Banner
Jump Packs
Infernus Pistols x 4

Honour Guard
Jump Packs
Flamers x 4

Troops #1
Tactical Squad
+5 Marines
Meltagun
Rocket Launcher

Troops #2
Tactical Squad
+5 Marines
Meltagun
Rocket Launcher

Troop #3
Assault Squad
Power Fist
+5 Marines

Troop #4
Assault Squad
Power Sword
+5 Marines

Elites #1
Sanquinary Priestsx2
Jump Pack x1
Bike x1
Corbulo

Elites #2
Furioso Dreadnought
Blood Talons x2
Drop Pod
Extra Armor

Fast Attack #1
Attack Bikes x3
x3 Multi-melta

Fast Attack #2
Baal Predator
Heavy Bolter Sponsons
Storm Bolter

Heavy Support #1
Whirlwind
Old 22 Apr 2010, 17:28   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to HijiriOni Send a message via MSN to HijiriOni Send a message via Yahoo to HijiriOni
Default Re: 2500 Point Blood Angels Tournament List

It has 35 Points to spare. I'm uncertain whether I should put flamers or meltaguns into the assault squads. Or if I should add a drop pod onto one of the tactical squads.

Tactically the main plan is to abuse Dantes Tactical Precision to either place the honour guard with 4 flamers, or the honour guard with 4 infernus pistols right where they will cause the most damage with their drop.

The Librarian is gonna spam lance and hop around, assaulting where I feel it's best.
The Priest with a pack is going to keep the 2 Assault Squads company
The Priest on a bike is going to keep the attack bikes company
Corbulo is going to keep the rocket launchers in my tacticals company.
The Baal Predator is going to be used for Outflanking.
The Dreadnought and Whirlwind should be pretty obvious.

It sucks because I need to buy about 2 more assault squads, 2 Priests (probably 4 for the Honour Guard members), and 4 infernus pistols
Old 23 Apr 2010, 13:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Looks like a solid list. Just a few pointers:

For one, I'm not too enamored with the idea of a solo Librarian. Just sounds like an accident waiting to happen. I think he'd be way more effective with a Jump Pack in an Assault unit, casting something like Unleash Rage, or in a Tac squad unit giving a cover save or just throwing out psychic shooting attacks. Right now he's just a one-man Lance machine when I find Librarians make better support characters and tend to have a longer lifespan for it.

The Honour Guards look good. Dante can join either one depending on whether you have hordes or tanks to worry about.

I like the Priests. To put one with Attack Bikes is a nasty combo.

I can't help but feel Rhinos on the Tac squads would add some more versatility to the unit.

Great list in any case.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2010, 18:55   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The Librarian is something I can swap out easily but I do need to maintain 2 HQs for the honour guards. I've just been making a conversion for a libby with a storm shield. Thanks to wings of sanquinius though he can keep up with an honour guard and Dante.
Thankfully I have a librarian with jump pack model dating back to third edition...of course when 4th edition PDF blood angels came out he became illegal to field. Making that swap would be about 20 points freed up so I could get a rhino in there. Course I could also drop epistolary at that point too.

I'd actually wanted to run 9 attack bikes with 3 biker priests but thats alot of spare change I dont feel like spending right now.