Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

How close to a Battle Company am I?
Old 20 Apr 2010, 03:11   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default How close to a Battle Company am I?

I am wondering if I have reached my goal of a battle company yet or not. The following is a complete list of all the forces I have as of right now.

HQ's
1- Darnath Lysander
1- Chapter Master
1- Chapter Captain
1- Librarian

1- Command Squad with Apothecary

Elite's

3- Ironclad Dreadnaughts
2- Dreadnaughts
2- 10 man Terminator Squads
1- 5 Man Terminator Squad
1- Techmarine with servitors

Troops

2- 5 man Scout Sniper Squads
5- 10 Man Tactical Squads

Fast Attack

1- 10 man Assault Squad
1- 5 man Vanguard veteran Squad

Heavy Support

2- 10 man Devastator Squad
1- land raider
1- land raider redeemer
1- whirlwind

3 Razorbacks
2 Drop Pods

I am not too clear on the codex rules for a battle company requirement, but then I am 3 months new to the game. Please let me know what i need to complete the battle Company.

Thanks

Brother Postal
Postalmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2010, 04:28   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: How close to a Battle Company am I?

Well a Battle Company is approximately 100 Space Marines, specifically 60 Tactical, 20 Assault & 20 Devastator Marines. From what you have, you only need 10 more Assault Marines & 10 Tactical Marines.

Note this is assuming your Vanguard Vets are codex, meaning they're on loan from the 1st Company. If you are playing Imperial Fists I believe this is how they are done. However they can also represent vets returning to their home company after having spent time training with the 1st. If this is the case then you only need 5 more Assault Marines. Treat them whichever way you want to.

On a different side note Assault Marines can be the usual jump pack Marines but some Chapters, such as the recently released Blood Angels, have their AMs fulfill all forms of fast attack slots, such as Biker Marines. So techically you can add a 5 man biker squad, a trio of Attack Bikes/Landspeeders, another Vanguard Vet squad or 5 regular Assault Marines.

Tacs are simply Tactical Marines so sorry no alternatives. If this confused you I'll see if I can find some links you can use to brush up on Marine Battle Companies.

EDIT:
Only really found this. Sorry I thought there was something in our Librarium but this is pretty much summing it up pretty spot on. More info can be found in C:SM pg 16

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Code...ttle_Companies

Acts of Faith - I choose to ignore your reality and substitute my own...for the Emperor.

Glory for the first man to die! CHARGE!
trex238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2010, 06:55   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thank you for the input.

I have posted photos of my army on photobucket under the name of postalmonk if you want to take a look. I am not a good painter but I do my best to make the troops and vehicles look good. Small details are almost impossible for me due to my hands bot have a slight tremor to them.

Brother Postal
Old 20 Apr 2010, 07:35   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

You should think about posting some pics on the Painting board. You could get opinions & tips from the guys who browse through there.

Some pics could use focus but looks not bad. Definitely better than me 3 months into the hobby.

Acts of Faith - I choose to ignore your reality and substitute my own...for the Emperor.

Old 20 Apr 2010, 07:53   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I posted a few more pics of the vehicles. Sorry for the quality, but all I have is the camera on my phone. Hopefully they will unveil some of the detail I was able to produce.

Brother Postal
Old 21 Apr 2010, 02:49   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

No worries man. All I have is a phone cam too. I'll take a look when I get the chance but like I said put some up in the painting/showcase forum & see what people think.