Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Blood Angels 1500
Old 19 Apr 2010, 14:05   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Blood Angels 1500

Here is my idea for a 1500 BA list with this list I am only allowed 1 of each unit type excluding troops which I am allowed 3. For units I go over by I take a point deduction, I am allready taking one for bringing 4 troop choices. I am also worried about the devastator squad because they aren't really fast movers.

HQ: Reclusiarch (Jump Pack)

Elites: 3 Sanguinary Priests (Jump Packs)

Troops: 10 Assault Marines (Meltagun, Thunder Hammer)

Heavy: 7 Devastator's ( 2 Lascannons)

Old 19 Apr 2010, 17:11   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to HijiriOni Send a message via MSN to HijiriOni Send a message via Yahoo to HijiriOni
Default Re: Blood Angels 1500

How big of a point reduction? Why not drop an assault squad for something like attack bikes? You'll maintain maneuverability and get some additional points out of it. Or if you wanna keep it all assault why not take a vanguard squad or honour guard, the honour guard doesn't take a slot and has alot better weapon options. Like 4 flamers or 4 meltagunas.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 18:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I will lose 1 point each match as it stands now, but from what I understand its out of a possible 175 points per game. It really isn't that big of a deal. My question is if I drop the devastator squad, for say vanguard or a command squad will I have enough anti tank? I will have to get close but I will be very fast.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 18:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to HijiriOni Send a message via MSN to HijiriOni Send a message via Yahoo to HijiriOni

Honour Guards=4 Meltaguns, and come with their own priest whose not an IC. There also not required to stick with the chaplain.

Course having 4 assault squads with meltaguns and thunderhammers Im VERY certain youve got enough anti-tank. You might be better off taking a 4 flamer honour guard just in case you fight green tide. S9 thunder hammer strikes from the sarge is about 4 attacks on the charge yeah? I'm pretty sure that'll bring down land raiders and monoliths, and if not keep them stunned.

The devs might actually be your least useful unit in their current setup. I bet you'll see alot better use on them from rocket launchers or heavy bolters considering your assault squads. Cheaper weapons means more of them too.

I'd vote dropping the 4th assault squad for an honour guard setup how you see fit for the points and using the spare points to finish up your devs and then outfit them based on your needs. You can always put a signum in there too.