Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

2500pt Mech SW - "Chosen of Bjorn"
Old 15 Apr 2010, 22:50   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default 2500pt Mech SW - "Chosen of Bjorn"

Ok, so I haven't tried Bjorn out in a list yet, I've head some good comments, and some bad, so thought I'd juggle my list around a bit and give him a shot. I've also taken into consideration other various discussions we've been having in the forums and I'm trying a few different things in the list. This list, and the Drop Pod one I just posted, will most likely get heavily play-tested this weekend against IG, Nids, Orks, and possibly Eldar and/or Astartes SM.

++ HQ ++

Bjorn the Fell-Handed [270pt]
P.Cannon

Wolf Priest [135pt]
Runic Armour, WTT, WtN

++ ELITES ++

5 Wolf Scouts [130pt]
MotW, Melta, P.Pistol, P.Weap

4 Wolf Guard [242pt]
2x Frost Axe & S.Shield, T.Hammer & S.Shield, Wolf Claws

++ TROOPS ++

9 Grey Hunters [210pt]
Wolf Std, MotW, Flamer
Rhino with Ex.Armour

9 Grey Hunters [210pt]
Wolf Std, MotW, Flamer
Rhino with Ex.Armour

10 Grey Hunters [240pt]
Wolf Std, P.Fist, 2x Melta
Rhino with Ex.Armour

10 Grey Hunters [240pt]
Wolf Std, P.Fist, 2x Melta
Rhino with Ex.Armour

14 Blood Claws [235pt]
P.Fist

++ HEAVY SUPPORT ++

Landraider Crusader [265pt]
Ex.Armour

6 Long Fangs [205pt]
3x M.Launcher, 2x P.Cannon
Razorback with Dozer Blade

Vindicator [115pt]

TOTAL: 2497pt

I hate having points spare lol. Could give the W.Priest a Storm Bolter but then I lose an attack from him and I don't think it's worth doing that just to round out the numbers .

The four WG pick between the squads at the start of each game depending on how I think I'll use each squad. W.Priest attaches to the Blood Claws, and well I'm sure you lads can work out what everything else does .

Thoughts, comments?
Silverwolf.cg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2010, 04:09   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: 2500pt Mech SW - "Chosen of Bjorn"

I like this list better, I think Bjorn is a little over priced. (for those points you could run a pretty mean bike squad with a Wolf Guard Battle leader in there)

A few comments, why don't you load up your 9 GH units with those powerfists from the other units. Make these your MAIN Assault units.

Drop all the extra armor, Dozerblade, and drop one Wolf Std and get yourself a Dakka Predator.

One more thing, the Scout unit is a bit small but tough, I would drop one storm shield from the one WG guy and add in two Scouts with the extra points left over if you did the above changes. I also use to run two scout units of 5 each and they were too small to last. I now run 7 to 8 scouts and they have better lasting power.

WT
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Wolf-Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2010, 22:47   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

haha, yeh Bjorn is a gamble, haven't used him yet and thought I'd see how effective he is... throwing him out as an inviting target, then watching my opponents face fall in horror as I tell him that he's just made my whole army fearless by killing him sought of appeals to me ;D. We'll see how it goes.

I've still found that scout team makes their points back and then some, and thats all I'm really worried about with them. But yes, if I go back to a more standard HQ setup they'll get more pack members.

Fists into the flamer teams is probably a good idea. But then it'll depend what I'm facing, and it's a quick list change with no overall points change to swap a bolter for a fist between the two sets of squads when I need to .

The extra armour stays though. I've tried running without it a couple of times and it's always the difference between having a solid wall of Space Wolves hitting the enemy lines, and having them dribble through due to stunned results on the damage tables.

Main thing is Bjorn I think, if I do drop him out of the list again, I may go with a WG Battle Leader with Saga of the Hunter, and a second scout team. Attach him to the Scouts for a nasty little surprise in their ranks.
Silverwolf.cg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2010, 03:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I thought I would help you out on this seeing as you put this on B&C as well.

Scouts are not going to last, but it might be better you see that on your own.

Extra armor, what a waste of points. If you tried my suggestion, you now have an EXTRA TANK on the board. Which would really help out this list.

If I played against your list, I would POP your rhinos first anyways/second would be the Vindi, and brace for impact on your LR. Another Tank in your list would help out. Remember you have 4 rhinos, 2 should make it through.

WT
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Wolf-Tau is offline   Reply With Quote