Default Blood Angels, - 2000 points.

Fast Attack:

Baal Pred: Initial cost(Hull)+Heavy Bolters+Extra Armor+Searchlight
---
Total: 483.

Heavy Support:

Pred: Initial cost(hull)+Twin Linked Las+Lascannons on the side+Extra Armor+Searchlight.
Pred: Initial cost(hull)+Twin Linked Las+Lascannons on the side+Extra Armor+Searchlight.
---
Total: 588.

Troops:

10 Assault Squad: 10 Guys+2 Meltas+Powerfist.
---
Total: 705

HQ:

Dante.

---
Total: 2001
---

Please paste alot of pro's and con's. And help me deccide if I should use 3 Vindicators instead of the 3 Preds or not.

- Shag.
Old 15 Apr 2010, 12:01   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to HijiriOni Send a message via MSN to HijiriOni Send a message via Yahoo to HijiriOni
Default Re: Blood Angels, - 2000 points.

Well its got alot of vehicles, and BA vehicles are fast moving. Decent amount of anti-armor and anti-troop. I think your main problem is going to arise in objective games. Objective games you dont have enough bodies to hold them, and apply them to assault.

Personally I always put storm bolters on my baal predator, there defensive weapons, give 2 extra shots, and cost very little considering. If you move 12 inches with them you can fire the assault cannon and the storm bolter, rather then just the assault cannon. 6 inches can still fire all though.

Also due to being over 2000 points you may want to downgrade a fist to a sword in one of those assault squads.

Your list will probably work fine against most space marine armies, but horde armies and tau armies (or other heavy ranged armies) might not have a problem with it. Tau can place 3 broadsides for about the cost of 1 of those Baals (little more expensive but 2 will kill it)

Also it might be a little on the spensive side. 6 tanks is something like 300$. I wish I knew what came in the new baal predator boxes. The old ones came with all the bits to make a baal or a regular predator in any configuration
Old 15 Apr 2010, 12:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yes as Hijirioni sais, all that AP will rip marines to shreds.

If I was Tau I'd just get my Railgun friends to blast all those tanks to bits.

Equip flamers to deal with hordes like tyranids and orks.

Please take a look at this thread !!!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,98302.0.html
Old 15 Apr 2010, 14:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by HijiriOni
I wish I knew what came in the new baal predator boxes. The old ones came with all the bits to make a baal or a regular predator in any configuration
Funny you should say that. linky

Hope this helps that problem :P

- Will
Old 15 Apr 2010, 15:59   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

What about "3 Vindis or 3 Preds"?

Would using 3 Vindicators instead of the 3 Predetors be a better idea?

- Shag.
Old 15 Apr 2010, 17:01   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to HijiriOni Send a message via MSN to HijiriOni Send a message via Yahoo to HijiriOni

Templates, Mass Damage, Short Range. There not bad tanks but they tend to be even quicker to die thanks to having to move up to shoot.

Actually you might be fine with a mix & match of them, as a vindi can splatter hordes. A whirlwind can to, its cheaper, but it still takes 1 HS slot. The whirlwind does however have the same range as a lazcannon so it might sync better, that and I know it can fire without LOS.
Old 16 Apr 2010, 05:15   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Love the setup but lets drop some fat.

Drop all the extra armor and searchlights and drop the Twin linked Lascannons. You should have enough Lascannons shots with the sponsons.

This should give you 231 points to play with. Now add in 3 Sanguiary Priest to lead each assault unit and one can be Brother Corbulo.

IF you find you need more bodies, dropping one Predator for a smallish Tac squad should help out.

WT
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Old 16 Apr 2010, 10:47   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Corby won't sync in this list, all his dudes have Jump Packs. Corby will get left behind.

One thing I can recommend involves Dante. Dante never scatters after a deepstrike, so you can legally place him 1 inch away from any vehicle you need destroyed. If you want a guranteed vehicles will get destroyed an Honour Guard with 4 melta weapons will make a cosmic anti-tank unit. Or anti-heavy troops like termies/plague marines/etc. The next trick is an Honour Guard armed with 4 flamethrowers (we've math-hammered it out and 4 hand flamers aren't worth the extra points to get an extra attack, they'll actually cause less damage overall) with the 4 honour guards and dante you'll want to put dante about an inch+1 base away from anything you want flamer spammed. But once again, no scatter, complete safetly for all 4 flamers to be put right up on enemies.
Old 08 May 2010, 10:35   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Figured I bump this thread, feel free to elaborate how to tweak the list a bit.

- Shag.
Old 08 May 2010, 19:58   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Don't bump threads, if you still want more advice then ask for it, or ask for it about something in particular. Or if you just want an opinion on a certain model.