Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Standard 1500pt list.
Old 13 Apr 2010, 16:37   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to ollieb8
Default Standard 1500pt list.

Just a standard 'take on all-comers' list that I will be able to use inside Games Workshop and other places without finding too much resistance against normal lists.

HQ

Librarian
-Epistolary.
-Avenger and Force Dome.
150pts.
(Who will be riding with the Sternguard, hence the Force Dome).

Chaplain
-Plasma Pistol.
-Metal Bombs.
-Jump Pack.
135pts.

Elites

Sternguard Squad
-Plus 5 men.
-4*Combi-Melta.
-Drop Pod.
-Locater Beacon.
315pts.

Terminator Squad
-Heavy Flamer.
205pts.

Troops

Tactical Squad
-Plus five men.
-Multi Melta+Meltagun.
-Rhino.
-Power Weapon.
235pts.

Tactical Squad
-Plus five men.
-Missle Launcher+Meltagun.
-Rhino.
220pts.

Fast Attack

Assault Squad
-Plus five men.
-2*Flamers.
-Powerfist.
-Melta Bombs.
240pts.

1500pts.

C&C very welcome.
[spoiler=40K Clones]Wanna play as clones in 40K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
I'm amazed at how balanced this is. I salute you.
[/spoiler]
ollieb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2010, 17:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to jonnyp
Default Re: Standard 1500pt list.

I dunno about that sternguard squad. I take it you will be using it to drop in and pop LRs/LRBT/other big tanks yes? If so i wouldnt take the aditional 5 men, because in all likely hood they will/should be dead as soon as you oppoent gets a chance to shoot them. There for it should be very minimalist thus saving you 100+ pts to be used else where.

I REALLY should read my marine codex again...but if you can take melta guns instead of the heavy weapons it might benifit you more. But like i said i dont know if you actually can.

Last but not least the termies. i dont know how well that will work for you, as i dont think the heavy flamer will be that effective. Rather i suggest an assault cannon as it will give you some serious stopping power at range, as well as some additional anti tank.

my 2 cents
jonnyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2010, 17:28   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Let's see here, Silky...

The Librarian looks good, but I must ask why he has a Plasma Pistol? He's likely be shooting Avenger most of the time anyway. I used to run a Plasma on my mine until I decided to just take Smite and be done with it. I suppose they're effective against different targets so it's not exactly redundant, but if you find you ever need a few points I'd consider the Pistol expendable.

Also, which unit will he be joining? Force Dome is a very neat ability - I used to run mine in a Sternguard unit to give them staying power.

The Locator Beacon on the Drop Pod - will that be for your Terminators and/or Assault Squad as the situation demands? That's a massive concentration of firepowers. I like it.

Whoa, it's only 1500? I honestly thought it would be an 1850 to 2k point list until I scrolled all the way to the bottom. That's a compliment - the more power armored bodies the better. Your infantry look great across the board. Tactical Squads in Rhinos never fail to please!
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2010, 00:22   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to ollieb8

Moved the PP to a PW on one of the Tactical squads as suggested, I almost forgot to include CCWs on one of my sergeants when I wrote the list. I can see that a PW on my sergeant is going to by much more effective as, yes, I will be using avenger on my Librarian, so I might as well put some armour denying elsewere in the list.

I'm glad you can see why I put the Librarian in there (before I added the note) and why I the locater beacon on the Drop Pod, but I might not always DS the Assault Squad incase the Pod gets popped by meltas early on. Thanks for the comments. :P

The Sternguard are incredibly useful in full squads thanks to the ability to split into combat squads AFTER deepstriking effectively splitting those meltas and special ammo to hit different things. I've also found that with full squads, Sternguard can survive quite a torrent of attacks and hit back surpizingly hard thanks to their double attacks on a standard marine.

No, I can only taken one heavy and one special weapon so there is no chance of having two meltas... Also, the reason I put a heavy flamer in there is because: I had 5pts spare and they'll be DS'ing, so the ability to push entrenched units out of cover will be really useful.
[spoiler=40K Clones]Wanna play as clones in 40K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
I'm amazed at how balanced this is. I salute you.
[/spoiler]
ollieb8 is offline   Reply With Quote