Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1030pt Marine list
Old 12 Apr 2010, 08:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default 1030pt Marine list

This is the list i said i'd put up in my thread about making an aggresive marine list enjoy.

HQ

Commander - Stormbolter & Power sword, Artificer armour - 128

Command Squad - Stormbolters & Power swords - 205

Razorback Transport - Lascannons - 75

Troops
Tac Squad (10) - Bolters & Rhino - 205
Tac squad (10) - Bolters, teleport homer, Rhino - 220
2(Assualt squad - no extras - 100)
Old 12 Apr 2010, 10:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to HijiriOni Send a message via MSN to HijiriOni Send a message via Yahoo to HijiriOni
Default Re: 1030pt Marine list

Lot of stormbolters, very little anti-tank. In fact outside the one razorback your pretty much hosed against anything with better then armor 11.

I've actually never put stormbolters on my captain, I guess it works if you want them to be more shooty. Then again your talking to a blood angels player so my captain would pretty much be tooled out with a Jump Pack, Possibly Artificer Armor, and maybe a power weapon. I typically end up fielding chaplains instead though, habits I guess. Since 3rd edition a chaplain and a librarian have always been my mainstay HQs, course this was back when librarians could take iron halos.

Its got a decent balance outside the lack of anti-tank...OH WAIT I almost forgot (I only recently got this for Blood Angels) 10 Man Tacticals can take Rocket Launchers and Flamethrowers for free.
3 Anti-tank weapons seems ok at 1k. Maybe some meltabombs on one of the assault squads for some added assurance. I'm also not sure what that teleport homer is for, you have no terminators so you have no teleporters. If your looking for some deepstrike safety on those assault squads I think you need the locater beacon found on drop pods.
Old 12 Apr 2010, 11:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

How many men are in your Assault Squad?

Storm Bolters on Captains is never really a bad idea. If you have the 3 measly points to spare you may as well - he won't be getting a 2 CCW bonus when he's swinging a Claw or Fist. In your case, though, with a Power Weapon, a Bolt Pistol may be a better move. Same goes for your entire Command Squad, really.

I heard you didn't have the bits to put heavy weapons in your Tac squads, but I highly recommend you find some way to work around that, even if you just proxy. There's no reason NOT to take advantage of the free heavy weapons. In your army, a Multi Melta or Missile Launcher in your Tacs could work wonders.

Also, why is there a Teleport Homer on the second Tactical Squad? You have no Terminators. Assault Squads need a Locator Beacon to DS - Teleport Homers work only on models in Terminator armor, hence the name.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Apr 2010, 11:56   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Maybe put a list of all your models down, then we could maybe help you build a list as your list at the moment is highly inaffective agianst most other armies(Due to lack of Anti-Tank and being outnumbered).
ImperialScum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Apr 2010, 14:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Ok...

As we've seen, anti-tank needs beefing up. And I think i'll go for missile launchers in each of my tactical squads, as mentioned i'm short on a back torso half... which probably could be solved by getting another tac unit, making 2 rocket launcher dudes (using the spare bazooka arms) and swapping a bolter guy from the first squad with a rocket launcher guy from the second...
EDIT: Speaking of which... there would be enough parts to do that right? in my minds eye it works... just need it confirmed really...

As for a list of my models.

Commander, unassembled.
Command squad, unassembled.
(for these guys, i've ordered the parts to make the whole command squad have strom-bolters & power swords, while its a big pts sink they can shoot at up to 24' and assualt... And i plan to equip 'em all like that anyway so it wasn't a waste of cash for the parts...)

Tac squad, assembled, all with bolters.

Thats about it really
Old 13 Apr 2010, 01:27   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I think if you're doing storm bolter and power sword on your commander, you might consider using a relic blade instead. It's basically +2 S on your attacks and you lose nothing, since you can't get the extra attack with a storm bolter and power sword. It is twice as much though.

Also regarding the command squad - 1 of the 5 members must be an apothecary, and he can't take the upgrades (because he is not a Veteran - at least that is my understanding of the rules as written). By my math, the squad + 4 power weapons/4 storm bolters is 187 points. That frees up 18 points that you could spend the the relic blade of awesomeness.

[edit] Is the Company Champion allowed to take upgrades beyond his default equipment? I know he is not a Veteran, but he is upgraded from a Veteran.
corsairmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2010, 05:13   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to HijiriOni Send a message via MSN to HijiriOni Send a message via Yahoo to HijiriOni

No because he isn't a veteran after upgrading to a champain and exchanges all his wargear for the champion gear, just like the Apothecary.
Old 13 Apr 2010, 12:48   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Ok, things have been changed round slightly...

Both Tac squads now have rocket launchers.
The Teleport homer has been dropped...must have got it confused with something else...
The lascannon razorback is now heavy bolters.

I'm not sure... but i think i may have about...15pts to spare?
Old 13 Apr 2010, 14:05   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

That could be meltaguns or bombs for some squads then. Even a power weapon.
Old 13 Apr 2010, 14:11   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to jonnyp

Indeed looking at what you have, some melta guns could really help out. Not only are they good at killing tanks, they are damn good at killing everything else too.
jonnyp is offline   Reply With Quote