Heavy support:
6 Long fangs
5 w/ missile launchers

6 Long fangs
5 w/ missile launchers

Predator
Heavy Bolters

Total:

Over all strategy is the two wolf guard w/ cyclone missile launchers each hook up with one of the long fang squads, as does the rune priest. This should give 14 missile launchers firing per turn, as well as D6 auto cannon shots which should take out pretty much what ever they decide to kill. the rune priest will also provide some deep strike protection with tempest wrath which with some luck will keep things off the LFs for a turn or 2. The rest of the wolf guard are there to pop armor from thier drop pods, and not really survive longer than that. Both the dread and pred are there for some more anti-infantry/light vehicle support, as well as keeping things off the long fangs. Grey hunters are there for some quality anti anything they run into, as well as objectives. The 6 man squad is mostly for home objectives, but the razorback will also provide some good anti infantry fire.

Thoughts? opinions?
jonnyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Apr 2010, 06:36   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Space wolves 2k space wolves list

I'm looking for faults in your list but I'm seeing the concept of it. I always look at the list first, see how I would play it and then read the posters comments.

I like your list.

You may want to show your main units are in rhinos. I can tell you paid the points for them others may not.

The only thing I can say is your 4 main units. I would probably drop a 4 marines from one those units and make it a Razor back unit and upgrade the other units with either power weapons or Powerfists. That way they don't get bogged down in Close Combat, while your waiting for your second Drop Pod to come down.

WT

Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Wolf-Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Apr 2010, 11:11   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to jonnyp
Default Re: Space wolves 2k list

Added the rhinos (totally forgot they werent there :P) and fixed the rune priest who didnt have master of runes...and removed second "space wolves" from subject...silly me.

Hmmm that power fist thing is a pretty good idea, and i dont think one less melta will hurt that much. I really should of though of this after my girls got bogged down in CC with some oblits and termies on saturday. Hopefully the points saved might be enough for an assault cannon or something on the other razor back, but ill have to wait till i get home to look.
Old 12 Apr 2010, 21:16   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Done and done.

That's a pretty hard list you got there. However, you may not have 2 Cyclone Missile Launchers. It's one per five models. If you'd like, you could split the Termies between both Wolf Guard squads. That would make it legal, and not change the ultimate points total of the list.

Also, I'm curious as to your reasoning on the psychic powers for the Rune Priest. I'm extremely supportive of branching out into the less used psychic powers (read: Not Jaws of the World Wolf) and I'm curious what his use in the list will be.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Apr 2010, 21:25   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Thx for noticing the cyclone missile laucher thing, and indeed its a quick fix. The main purpose of the rune priest is to provide some extra long range fire power with living lightning (basicily a D6 auto cannon) and provide deep strike defence around my rather vulnerable long fangs. Also hes not to shabby in CC, and along with the termie, will hopefully discourage assaults so my long fangs can keep dishing out pain. Last i can allocte wounds to him to help keep my missile launchers alive and shooting. However MOST importantly he gives my chooser of the slain which gives my long fangs better BS while they have line of sight, AND nothing can infiltrate within 18" (pretty darn handy). As for Saga of the beast slayer i was hoping since it didnt specify he could reroll to hit with shooting attacks rathat than just in CC, however this might just be wishful thinking.

And that is what my rune priest does...fixed termies too.
Old 12 Apr 2010, 21:31   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

The Chooser of the Slain modifies only the Rune Priest's BS - not any and all units. Still, that makes for some very accurate Living Lightning.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Apr 2010, 23:12   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Eh still helps, perhaps i should read everything again to make sure its all good. Anyhow it'll keep infiltrating termies and other badies off my back for a turn or 2. And damn accurate auto cannon fire is nothing to laugh at.

Hopefully ill get a chance to try this list out. I really wanna see what 14 missile launchers, 3 auto cannons (4 counting LL), and 17 melta weapons will do to some one....hopefully kill them.
Old 15 Apr 2010, 03:05   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Okie dokie, changed some other stuff. Dropped a grey hunter squad down to 6 people and shoved them in a razor back with an assault cannon. I figure having some dedicated anti infantry firepower might be in order, as my long fangs could be tired up with vehicles/MCs the whole game. I considered passing out power fists, but i would have to drop a few more things since they are 25 pts a pop ( :sadnshocked. I really want to keep the rest of the squads 10 strong so i can take some losses and still be strong enough to hold objectives under fire.

Any ideas on what to spent last couple points on?
Old 15 Apr 2010, 03:16   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.

Hmmm, seems good, but id swap that Rune Priest for an Aurora....Hang on, sorry, force of habit. :P

From what i do know, you seem to have covered all the bases. I cant see any glaring problems. Nice work. ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2010, 06:15   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Everything looks good but you are right and you do need more Fists.

My suggestion, I don't think you need the Assault Cannon on the Razorback (its expensive bit anyways) Now drop the MotW on one of your Razorback units as it is only there to hold and object. That should give you enough point for 2 Powerfist.

Add those 2 powerfist to the top two GH units. Those GHs are now your main assault units and they should do very well!

This is just me but I did this. I would drop the other MotW on the second Razorback and use those points to upgrade the Razorback Meltagun guy to a Plasmagun guy and add a Standard to one of your GH two Assault units. So now you have a maxed out Kick Ass GH unit and the back up GH Unit two that follows it. And if you have the points add a Plasmagun to the second Razorback as well.

Your Razorbacks now are now Mobile firepower units and can sit or protect objectives. And your third GH unit can now assist GH units 1 or 2.

WT

Razorback Spam-

Now somebody please comment on this suggestion, because I only use my Wolf Priest as anti magic but I would drop the Master of Runes, Chooser, and one Long Fang and get Razorbacks for each Long Fang unit. Now you are completely Mobile Army and that is a lot of Twin Linked heavy Bolters! Which should give you 4 Twin-linked Heavy Bolters, 2 Heavy Bolters (18 Hvy Bolter shots) and 4 autocannon shots (2 of which are twin linked). A ten man Marine assault unit can not take more that 2 turns of this kind of shooting. You may not need that protection from the Rune Priest since they are now all in Razorbacks and the Rune Priest now has room in the Razorback also! if you do this you might as well as drop the Saga and get a power weapon to the 3rd GH unit and these units will mostly see CC.

Good Luck! I do think these will make for a much stronger List, tons of troops and lots of vehicles and if you don't want more Razorbacks add in another Dakka Predator with those same points instead !
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Wolf-Tau is offline   Reply With Quote