Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Blood Angels, 5th Edition 1500
Old 08 Apr 2010, 07:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to HijiriOni Send a message via MSN to HijiriOni Send a message via Yahoo to HijiriOni
Default Blood Angels, 5th Edition 1500

HQ#1
Sanquinor

-Honour Guard
Chapter Banner

-Razborback
Heavy bolter
Extra Armor

Troops#1
Tactical Marines
Add 5 Marines
Meltagun
Rocket Launcher

Troops#2
Tactical Marines
Add 5 Marines
Meltagun
Rocket Launcher

Troops#3
Assault Squad
Power Fist

Troops#4
Assault Squad
Power Sword

Elites#1
Sanquinary Priests
Corbulo
Priests x2

Elites #2
Furioso Dreadnought
Blood Fists
-Drop Pod

Fast Attack#1
Attack Bike
Multi-Melta

First list, totals roughly 1495 points. I figure I'll just tack meltabombs onto something to round it out. I'm still unsure how The Blessing of Sanquinor works as it says "randomly pick" but it provides no instructions for how to randomly pick anything. Do I just pick anything I want normally?

Overall I have to say I really love the new codex, as 4th edition my army was smaller and didn't have FC and FnP on basically everything. Not to mention +1 attacks from Sanquinor...and he himself has FnP and FC with my 4 priests running around.

The best fact about this list is I only need to buy 2 models to complete. I didn't get any priests yet, so I only have Corbulo.
I'm also on the fence on downgrading the Razor to a Rhino with 2 storm bolters instead of 1 heavy bolter.

Ehh, comments/suggestions?
Old 08 Apr 2010, 10:48   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Blood Angels, 5th Edition 1500

Personally mech up it probably cheaper than getting those two 10man tac squads, 180 points and you have 5 RAS, Razorback w/extra armour + Laz/Assault/Laz+Plasma. Then maybe get another attack bike for more survive ability, also on their own I was told that a Land speeder trumps a bike, haven't used them/seen them being played so no idea.

Also you can get Meltaguns on the RAS for extra antitank or even flamers .

Everything else looks good, except the tac marines are completely separated from the army and will be sitting on objects the whole game, which for annihilation isn't needed.

For firepower and mobility then Razorback beats the 10 tac marines, although for survivablity for most opponeats the tacs marines are better, but really who is going to be shooting at your Razorbacks if they have the sanquinor and 10/20 Assualt marines in their face.
ImperialScum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2010, 12:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to crazyguy832

I second the need for a little more anti-tank. A pair of meltaguns, rocket launchers, and a single (re: lone) multi-melta are going to be a little stressed against something like mech guard. I don't think you need four priests, especially if one of them is Corbulo, so I'd drop at least one of those in order to afford more guns (meltas in assault squads are fun!). More rhinos are also good, even for the tac squads, but I'm not sure where those points would come from.

Are all the squads 10 men? A 10-second guess would say so, but it's nice to clarify.

Overall, it's not a bad list. With a few tweaks you should do okay.

Do It! ;D
5th edition stats (W/D/L)
Deathwing: 14/6/3
Tau: 5/0/3
Blood Angels (NEW): 10/1/3
Blood Angels (OLD): 27/5/10
Eldar: 10/0/1
Death Guard: 1/0/0
crazyguy832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2010, 18:53   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to HijiriOni Send a message via MSN to HijiriOni Send a message via Yahoo to HijiriOni

Furioso has a melta and a drop pod. Multi-melta on a bike, Power fist and Blood Fists are anti-tank. Rocket Launchers are also functional for it ,and for some reason my best weapon at it.

The assault squads aren't 10 men, the tacticals are. The plan for them is to have them combat squad and the RLs babysit objectives while a priest accompanies each 5 man. Corbulo is going to hang with the objective babysitting RLs. While Sanquinor and the 2 assault squads plan to keep with the razorback.

I do have 5 points open so I can easily add meltabombs to the sergeant in the assault squad with a power sword, I don't see a large point in adding them to the power fist as he's going to get S9 on the charge.

If Blessing of Sanquinor works how I think it does then the Power Fist Sergeant gets it, +1 Attack/Wound/Weapon Skill/Initiative on a power fist, heck yeah. It turns that sergeant into a cheap HQ.

And yeah Corbulos re-roll ability makes Monoliths even easier to break. But if anything could easily be dropped and swapped it's probably him. Replacing him with a priest gives me another 55 points to work with. So I'd have 60 total spare, which is another attack bike with melta, and a melta for the honour/assault squad.

A note on Attack Bikes vs Speeders, it's actually a long standing debate. You see Speeders can be broken off S5/6/7 weaponry and attack bikes have 2 wounds. Attack bikes are slightly cheaper. Both of them die real easily when it comes to S8+ weaponry though (insta-gibs the bike). However unlike the speeder the attack bike gets FnP when a priest is nearby.