Heavy Support:

Vindicator………………………….………….165
W/ Dozer Blades + Extra armour

Vindicator………………………….………….165
W/ Dozer Blades + Extra armour

Predator.……………………………………….150
W/Lascannons + Extra Armour

Total: 1500

Virtually all my Antitank ability is the Pr edator, Scouts and the two Razorbacks from long distance, which I don't really like, even though 2 of the lazs are twin linked missing both shots could be a game breaker especially on forces that focus heavily on mech rushing.

Virtually my Army has 3 Groups:

1st Group: Mephiston and Assault Marines(AM deepstriking)

2nd Group: (May split up into)
2A: Vindicator + Razorback 2B: Vindicator + Razorback
[Or group them up depending on enemy and type I am facing]
Eg. Huge hordes - 2Vindicators with 2 Razorbacks tightly protecting side armour/rear, hugging cover and playing defensively. OR Mech list, Razorback trying to pop vehicle + SM troops inside then blast the survivors with a pie template.

3rd Group: Pr edator + Scouts
The Hang back group either stay back just away from an objective to taunt the enemy into either attacking my guys or hold the objective, or hugging cover at the back of the board.

Tactics--

Virtually Group 1 is the taunting group for the majority of the game or a counter attack unit depending on how much assault is in the enemy's army. Mephiston is only there as a distraction unit for the first 2/3 turns, until it either gets into combat or dies, as honestly T6 W5 and a 2+ save been doing some rolling 2 full Tac squads at a distance with Plasma guns hitting him (Outside of RapidFire range) only do 1/2 wounds and that's not including cover or FnP, that could be applied. If they start wasting LasCannons and PlasmaCannons shots then their are just missing out on all that antitank for my actual tanks, not to meantion if they ignore Mephiston they run the risk of me blowing up their land raiders or Instant killing their toughest of creatures with a force weapon + S10 weapon(SoS). Then on turn 2 (75% of my Assault Marines to come in turn 2 (DoA can re-roll failed reserve rolls), 88% of arriving on turn 3, the FnP will then grant Mephiston extra survivability not to meantion granting him a cover save with my assault marines jumping around him.

Group 2 is the meat of the meal, they have lazcannons for that all important antitank role as well as meltaguns for if the enemy gets up close and personal. Then they have the two demolisher cannons the bad boys whose protection is highly likely first turn with smoke 100% giving a 4+ cover save. They may split up into 2 groups as described early for a crack and pop combo, crack goes the transport and pop goes the troops .

Group 3: Objective sitters/Back up distraction unit, honestly who could ignore those scouts who are behind your lines turn 1? Camo cloaks + Cover = a very sponge like squad ability to take huge amount of fire and take none/limited casualties. Pr edator is ofc antitank or Instant killer if no tanks exist, it's so that mech lists either target the Angel of death charging at them or the tank at the back whose only role is to pop their tanks.

EDIT: Corbulo is in 1 of the Razorbacks, he is just mainly an expensive 1 Re-roll a game, even the last roll I believe can be rerolled not to meantion the scatter dice on the vindicators or even a cover save on one of the tanks. (With such a small amount of models I think that this 1 dice roll is quite valuable)

So what does everyone think?
ImperialScum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2010, 12:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to HijiriOni Send a message via MSN to HijiriOni Send a message via Yahoo to HijiriOni
Default Re: 1500 BA list *New* Tourny List.

I think placing Corby or a Priest in a rhino in general is a good idea.
Their Blood Chalice still works and in fact it's range extends from the Rhino. Also the rule says "Any friendly unit within 6 inches" this means only 1 model of the unit needs to be in the radius...I think.

I'm not sure on running Mephiston myself, they took away his invuln save in 4th replacing it with FnP, and they took that away in 5th now giving him T6 and W5 instead. Course it ain't hard to stick him behind Corbys rhino thus making it hard to target him and giving him FnP should he be targeted. Meph doesn't have IC anymore so you can't hide him inside a squad, but you can place him inside a rhino. I just recommend putting him behind it so enemies try to maneuver around the rhino and shoot at Meph ignoring Corbys rhino.

I've personally never been found of Lazcannons, some reason I've always opted more for Rocket Launchers (versatility) and meltaguns (mobility) That and lazcannon razorbacks tend to say "Shoot me I die easy and cost alot of points" Course you are outfitting yours with extra armor which is nice for use as a transport.

You do have alot of tanks though, kinda surprised to see 5 in one Blood Angels list and still afford toys like Mephiston and 22 other marines...guess I'm to used to 4th edition now.
Old 07 Apr 2010, 14:28   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: 1500 BA list *New* Tourny List.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HijiriOni
I think placing Corby or a Priest in a rhino in general is a good idea.
Corby is in the Razorback and the Priest is a IC in the Assualt Marine squad, who are to deepstrike to meet up with Mephiston in turn 2/3 before the assualt.

Quote:
Their Blood Chalice still works and in fact it's range extends from the Rhino. Also the rule says "Any friendly unit within 6 inches" this means only 1 model of the unit needs to be in the radius...I think.
You are correct

Quote:
I'm not sure on running Mephiston myself, they took away his invuln save in 4th replacing it with FnP, and they took that away in 5th now giving him T6 and W5 instead. Course it ain't hard to stick him behind Corbys rhino thus making it hard to target him and giving him FnP should he be targeted. Meph doesn't have IC anymore so you can't hide him inside a squad, but you can place him inside a rhino. I just recommend putting him behind it so enemies try to maneuver around the rhino and shoot at Meph ignoring Corbys rhino.
At first that was the deal breaker for me, then I started seeing his good side. I just did a test rolling to kill him, 3 BAAL preds 12 Twin-linked Assualt Cannons with RENDING, then another 18 Heavy Bolter shots...

2 wounds..

That is all he took. Imagine the damage on a SM squad, or even a light vechile you are bound to destroy a Razorback with that amount of shots EVEN in cover. I'm using him as a better destraction unit than my Land Raider, as honestly turn 2 my land raider blew up last 2 games, before killing a single thing, in the last game it even managed to block a escape hatch kill MY OWN 5 marines inside my Razorback. Land Raider 1 lucky shot can kill it, Mephiston 6 Lucky shots and you kill him .

Quote:
I've personally never been found of Lazcannons, some reason I've always opted more for Rocket Launchers (versatility) and meltaguns (mobility) That and lazcannon razorbacks tend to say "Shoot me I die easy and cost alot of points" Course you are outfitting yours with extra armor which is nice for use as a transport.
Why I chose LazCannons is to have a good chance of popping vechile and the fact that I don't have anything uber powerful to pop heavy vechiles 13/14 AV front. Not to meantion the range on those suckers, sitting back 1 side of the board poping 4ft away ^^ always good.

Currently I have 5 waves of anti tank defence:

1: Lazcannons
2: Missile Launcher + Snipers (hope for rending, 2nd game a rending sniper shot blew up a Ork Battlewagon XD, 4th Game a Rhino)
3: Meltaguns
4: Plasma Pistols
5: Vindicator shells if Desperate.

Quote:
You do have alot of tanks though, kinda surprised to see 5 in one Blood Angels list and still afford toys like Mephiston and 22 other marines...guess I'm to used to 4th edition now.
:-), Codex SM can get a few more goodies as vechiles cost a lot less, but fast rhino - class vehicles, what's not to love (Apart from the point increase)? Even in 4th Edition I was building a mech list but now everyone is building one in 5th and people just think I'm following the crowd , especially since I'm now playing BA lol. In all honesty I picked BA around december when their codex was still a rumor .

EDIT: Fixed bad /quote tags
ImperialScum is offline   Reply With Quote