5 Assault Marines 110
-Jump packs
W/ Melta-gun
+Drop-pod

Fast:

BAAL Predator 145
W/Heavy Bolters

Total: 1500

Basically try to take 2nd turn, and then drop your enemy with 2 Librarian dreads and 2 squads of assualt marines, pop off the cover 5+ cover save, the Feel no pain and then you also have your armour saves :-). Baal Pred scout move and moving full out so by the time the pods land he'll be able to give covering fire.

Astroth the Grim to give Furious charge on a 1-3. Really a hit or miss army, it's tough when it lands due to FnP, Cover and Armour saves, I believe it'd be a fun army to play just by the sheer amount of pods you'll be droping and the fact that it could even be a bit competetive if used correctly.

Opinions?

ImperialScum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Apr 2010, 04:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Stupid BA drop heavy list. 1500pt list

My question is why use drop pods if they have jetpacks. With the packs they only deviate d6 while the pods deviate 2d6. Also is your model count 33. I think you should add more men and take out the 5 drop pods for the troops or just loose the jumppacks for more troops in the drop pods.
Old 05 Apr 2010, 06:04   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Removing their Jumpacks makes the drop pods free , 2 extra shots and with the 5 drop pods you'll have a 4 drop pods hitting on turn 1 for sure [(5+2 = 7)/2 = 3.5 ~4].
ImperialScum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Apr 2010, 06:22   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to crazyguy832

33 blood angels is plenty at 1500 points. FNP helps a ton.

I think you need to be able to destroy more vehicles when you drop. Astorath is very expensive and, with three priests, I feel as though he's unnecessary. I'd give both the furiosos blood lance. Shield is good, shackle soul is average at best when you have so many squads on the field. I'd be more tempted to take fear of the dark if anything. But blood lance/shield is great for podded libby dreads.

With the points from astorath, I would probably get a libby with lance and then throw some infernus pistols around. Alternatively, get a reclusiarch chaplain in there. Or, drop him and the predator. Get a libby/reclusiarch. You'll have over 200 points free. You can get an honour guard squad with three meltas in a pod and still have points left over for stuff.

Overall, 5 meltaguns and a blood lance is not enough, especially when only 4/7 of those will drop first turn (which can be a bad thing, don't forget). Don't forget to plan on what you'll do in case the enemy reserves everything.

Note: a single Baal pred is going to get punked if it actually poses a credible threat to the enemy. That's virtually guaranteed, especially if they have first turn (which is what you want them to have). imo, pods = all pods or min pods with a plan.

Do It! ;D
5th edition stats (W/D/L)
Deathwing: 14/6/3
Tau: 5/0/3
Blood Angels (NEW): 10/1/3
Blood Angels (OLD): 27/5/10
Eldar: 10/0/1
Death Guard: 1/0/0
crazyguy832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Apr 2010, 07:15   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to HijiriOni Send a message via MSN to HijiriOni Send a message via Yahoo to HijiriOni

Scouts=Outflank, don't forget that Crazy, even a single Baal can make a complete mess of enemies coming from the sidelines.

Back in 4th edition I had a single Baal predator and people rarely saw it as a threat, can't figure out why. But it almost always made it's points back.

I have been debating using the flame thrower baal with scout/outflank (I would even consider that before scout even with fast vehicle)

Crazy's kinda right about Astie though, he's expensive and his army boost doesn't mean much when you use alot of priests. An honour guard can have 5 flamer pistols or 5 infernus pistols, or various anti-tank toys.
Old 05 Apr 2010, 07:18   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

But, if you outlank it, it's minimum turn 2 it comes in, after you've performed your initial drop. Seems kinda silly for me.

Eh, I suppose I'm just used to running multiples of everything. Mmm... multiples...

Do It! ;D
Old 05 Apr 2010, 07:41   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to HijiriOni Send a message via MSN to HijiriOni Send a message via Yahoo to HijiriOni

It works for his list though, his initial drop seems focused on anti-tank (and blood lances would be most effective turn 1 with lined up stuff)

After that it's mostly troop cleanup which the Baal does best.
Old 05 Apr 2010, 16:01   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Fair enough.

Do It! ;D
Old 05 Apr 2010, 16:18   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via Yahoo to uriel

This does bring up a very good question. What is the blood angles primary strenght in their army. I ask this for the reason that all BA rhino chasis are fast vehicles add this to a drop pod list where its main weakness once it lands you got no mode of transporting units. BA fever you have struck something into me to make this list good if better which has been my problem making a good BA list. Lets do a break down on what the BA have. BA's are all in all space marines just with some added perks here and there but nothing too out in left field. We have DP's with the same rules as SM, we got tactical squads with all options being the same with some extras. Now here's where the BA's can out shine SM is that we have assault squads as troops, fast rhino chasis vehicles and the baal predator which is fast and can scout or outflank. Add in furioso dreads in DP's along with an assault squad or a tactical in a DP followed up with assault squads in razorbacks/jump packs and tacticals in rhinos, plus baals and land speeders and you have yourself a very nasty hybrid DP/mech army. BAF I'll try this out and let you know how well it does. otherwise you have a good list going for yourself.

uriel is offline   Reply With Quote