Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Eldgrim BoneWolf's Bad Company (1'500 Pts)
Old 25 Mar 2010, 20:44   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Eldgrim BoneWolf's Bad Company (1'500 Pts)

Hey guys i've decided to post my list and see what reactions I get, :

anyway, here's the list

HQ
Eldgrim BoneWolf (Wolf Lord)
Frost Blade, Bolt Pistol, Runic Armour,Belt of Russ and Saga of Majesty: 175
Elites
Dreadnought w/ Plasma Cannon and Dreadnought Close-Combat Weapon with Built-in Heavy Flamer
Dedicated Drop Pod w/ Deathwind Missile Launcher: 180
Troops
9 Grey Hunters w/ Power Fist, Wolf Standard and Mark of the Wulfen: 185
10 Grey Hunters w/ Power Fist, Plasma Pistol, Wolf standard and 2 Plasma Guns,
Dedicated Rhino w/ Hunter-Killer Missile: 255
10 Grey Hunters w/ Power Fist, Wolf Standard, Plasma Pistol and 2 Meltaguns, Dedicated Rhino w/ Hunter-Killer Missile: 250
Heavy Support
Land Raider: 250
Predator w/ Lascannon Sponsons: 120
Predator w/ Heavy Bolter Sponsons: 85

Total: 1'500 pts

Land Raider fits 9 man squad and Lord...

I think everything else is self-explanitory, C+C is appreciated
Jasonsea212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2010, 22:56   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Eldgrim BoneWolf's Bad Company (1'500 Pts)

Looks good. How's Plasma Pistols working for you? I tend to stay away from them because my packs ride in Rhinos. And the models that I do have inside the Rhinos, use the fire points for Meltaguns/Rune Priests.

I like Predator Destructors better, but to be honest, I've never used Whirlwinds.

If you dropped 2 of the Plasma Pistols, you can give the Lord Saga of Warrior Born and give the Land Raider a Multi-Melta. Because of Power of the Machine Spirit, it can then target two things. . .if I remember the rule correctly.

If you drop the last Plasma Pistol, give the Squad with the Lord a model with Mark of the Wulfen.

That seems like it would tear through things. Use Standard before the Assault Phase, re-roll that pesky 1 for Mark of Wulfen, and then add every model the Lord Killed to the next attack phase.

With that unit, you want to kill all the enemy models in the opponents turn. Then if you're in assault range again, you get the Warrior Born bonus.
EricBasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2010, 23:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Hmmm... I tend to stay away from Warrior Saga because it's basically mark of wulfen, but you use youre weapons, not rending, so it's a reason why i tend to stay away from it

Plasma Pistol are for when they hop out, just pump that little extra AP2 weapon, Because I can't shoot Plasma gun if I want to Assault, it just gives me that extra edge against anything short of a Terminator...

I like idea of Wulfen Mark with his Squad, I might just get rid of my Plasma Pistol on 9-Man Squad and give one of those guys a Wulfen Mark...

And I normally use the Machine Spirit rule to target 2 different things with the Lascannons, it has always trumped for me

I'm still undecided though about the Predator, but I am not put off yet, It's either give my rhino's a fighting chance and able to dish out some nice shots or sit there and make horde armies cry or Whirlwind which will hide behind some scenery and dish out something for those horde armies, I love the idea of ignoring cover saves, but i'm not sure it's enough...
Old 25 Mar 2010, 23:36   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

For some reason, I was thinking you had a Land Raider Crusader. :P Yeah, with 2 Lascannons, I don't think a Multi-Melta is a must.

With the Predators, you can target light vehicles better.
EricBasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2010, 23:39   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Light Vehicles are the Rhino's job, get them in cover and then run them out turn one, and pop smoke and fire those missiles at things, it's not there to threaten, it's there to kill a vehicle...

and if Land Raider is short of heavy vehicles, it will target the light vehicles anyway, sooo... :P

Ok i've updated list, anything wrong with it?
Old 29 Mar 2010, 03:42   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I like this list. I really do love the Dakka Predators as well!

My only problem is you don't have enough Melta power to hit an AV14 vehicle.

Your 9 GH unit needs that extra weapon. Why not a flamer, it's free!

As for your GH units, you should consider changing one unit to Meltaguns. That way they can fire before they charge a Marine or any unit for that matter. Plasma guns are great for objective holders but not for assault units. Trust me, I had the same set up. I love a good plasmagun but it sucks when you can't assault if you shoot. And there will be time when you need to assault instead. If you do this change you can now buy a weapon for the 9 GH unit. Get a melta.

Those rhinos are temporary transport and you are spending points on extra armor really is a waste, get those points and the HK missile from both rhinos. And take out the the Deathwind and buy a Speeder with Hvy Bolter and Multi-Melta. Now you can zip in a Melt something or stand off and hammer away with that speeder. You can contest a corner with it as well.

WT
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Wolf-Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2010, 17:03   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Thanks Wolf-Tau for the comments!

The thing is getting meltaguns and a flamer... they are hard to come by if you buy wolf packs, and I don't trust many websites, unless postage is free, :P

good points about the rhinos, I will take off only the extra armour because I want something that can actually take out something that is out of reach of most things... Hmmm...

Deathwind is there to stop the 30-man ork hordes as most of my opponents are orks, Dreadnought is actually specifically made to maim a lot of troops!!! So that's a no no

now what to do with 30 pts..? or 35pts as a matter of fact if I find meltaguns laying around in my local shop's bitz box...
I'll need to rethink, so bear with me, :P
Old 29 Mar 2010, 17:54   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Jasonea212
It's not that great, the Deathwind range is only 12". It's also on an Immobilized AV10 vehicle. it won't take much to either avoid it or destroy it.
I would not worry too much about the 30 orks, you have plenty of bolters and dakka predators.

Actually use that dred against elites becuase of the AP2 weapon, Heavy Flamer and STR 10 DCCW. You can try to get them from Marine players, I have had to buy bits as well but you will be happy with the output. GW did this to sell more boxes and they sure did the right thing. I had to buy bits.

You can buy them off Ebay, or other Marine players. Or a good Website is The Warstore.

WT

If I can help out with anything related to SWs let me know. My Army lists tend to be more all around list tournament type lists, with lots of shooty stuff. Which may not be very Wolf like but it sure gets results.
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Wolf-Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2010, 00:51   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Also, if you have some other kits, you can take a melta off of a different sprue. (I got mine off an IG command squad) If not, eBay or Warstore.

Also, wolf-tau, a drop pod is AV-12 all around.
wesswll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2010, 12:25   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Yeah Wolf, I was gonna say its AV-12 all round, but I have a problem since the Deathwind is already on and I threw away the stormbolter... guess i gotta find another, :

I don't know if Orks have Meltaguns? ;D

Hmmm... Quite fitting for elites the Dreadnought is but it's all about choosing the right target, right?

I still have no idea what to do with 50pts as I will give my 9-man squad a Meltagun aswell... Updating list now

EDIT: Ok, updated, had to sacrifice the Wolf Standard but I think it's worth it, I will either make the land speeder a juicy target to direct fire onto or hide it then let it pounce, like a wolf waiting for a meal to pass by, :P