Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Blood Angels 1500 point list--C&C welcome, EXCEPT suggestions for 5th ed dex
Reply
Old 21 Mar 2010, 20:24   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where I am, California, US
Posts: 2,828
Default Blood Angels 1500 point list--C&C welcome, EXCEPT suggestions for 5th ed dex

So, seeing as I am more likely to burn the upcoming BA Codex than buy it, but still want to play Blood Angels, I figured it would be wise to post up my good core list here, the one that I plan to use until some unspecified time in the future when the BA are lowered to enough of a challenging standard for my approval. So, without furthe ado....



HQ-

Lemartes



ELITES-

5x Death Company-- Jump Packs

Furioso Dreadnought-- Death Company, Extra Armor, Venerable


TROOPS-

Assault Squad-- Power Weapon, Jump packs

Assault Squad-- Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol, Jump packs

Assault Squad-- Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol, Jump packs

Assault Squad-- Power Fist, Plasma Pistol, Jump packs

Assault Squad-- Power Fist, Plasma Pistol, Jump packs


FAST ATTACK-

2 Attack Bikes (Multi-melta)

1 Attack Bike (Multi-melta)

1 Attack Bike (Multi-melta)


HEAVY SUPPORT-

Baal Predator-- Heavy Bolter Sponson
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The All-father on me
Oh, dear...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why So Serious?
Dark Ace Cypher with the power of cliffing!
[quote=TheCuriousMonke]
[b]"You must bake muffins for the Greater Good."[/
Ace cipher zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2010, 20:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,741
Default Re: Blood Angels 1500 point list

Your list would be fine under the new 5th ed rules. It really wouldn't change much at all. I understand any disappointments with the codex but as long as you're not taking advantage of whatever units you may find cheesy, why not use it? :-\

The list looks pretty solid to me. Personally, I wouldn't divide the Attack Bikes into 3 different units, but instead just pair them up. A single Melta has this annoying tendency to miss when you want it, and having 2 optimizes your chances of that hit. Furthermore, it's less KPs to go around.

Other than that, I like the list. Are your Assault Squads 10 man?

I could see armor being a problem but you are packing a far amount of Plasma Pistols and Fists, and Krak grenades always do the trick, especially mounted on Jump Infantry. You have Meltas for the heaviest stuff.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2010, 21:34   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where I am, California, US
Posts: 2,828
Default Re: Blood Angels 1500 point list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter Master Seth
Your list would be fine under the new 5th ed rules. It really wouldn't change much at all. I understand any disappointments with the codex but as long as you're not taking advantage of whatever units you may find cheesy, why not use it? :-\

The list looks pretty solid to me. Personally, I wouldn't divide the Attack Bikes into 3 different units, but instead just pair them up. A single Melta has this annoying tendency to miss when you want it, and having 2 optimizes your chances of that hit. Furthermore, it's less KPs to go around.

Other than that, I like the list. Are your Assault Squads 10 man?

I could see armor being a problem but you are packing a far amount of Plasma Pistols and Fists, and Krak grenades always do the trick, especially mounted on Jump Infantry. You have Meltas for the heaviest stuff.
Unfortunately, no, the squads are only 5-man. I'd probably wnat to divide them into combat squads anyways for the added flexibility, but certainly don't mind the added sargeant's Power weapons and fists. And thanks for the advice on the bikes, I'll take that into account.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The All-father on me
Oh, dear...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why So Serious?
Dark Ace Cypher with the power of cliffing!
[quote=TheCuriousMonke]
[b]"You must bake muffins for the Greater Good."[/
Ace cipher zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2010, 22:13   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,877
Send a message via AIM to HijiriOni Send a message via MSN to HijiriOni Send a message via Yahoo to HijiriOni
Default Re: Blood Angels 1500 point list

You'll have to change your list quite a bit come 5th.

Lemartes is no longer an HQ unit, he's an addon/upgrade character for DC. So you can field him with Sanquinor, Dante, and Corbulo. As Corbulo is now an elites choice and Lemartes is a troops choice.

Hopefully you haven't built those DC models with packs allready, Jump Pack DC are stupid awful in the 5th book. The price you pay to get those 5 packs costs more then a razorback with a good gun. That and DC can't be controlled at all unless you mount them in a dedicated transport, which they can take anything for including Land Raiders, the new Lander, Rhinos, Razorbacks, and Drop Pods.

DC cost the same as their individual price with pack in 5th as they did in the PDF, but one huge difference. They no longer get Rending. Also a single DC model without the pack is a whole power weapon cheaper. There taken as units of 3 but you can add up to 27 DC for 1 troop slot. If you take a skeleton DC (no upgrades/extra men) it's actually cheaper then scouts, freeing up points for other locations if all you want to do is field not troops.
__________________
[img width=650 height=136]http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss229/izardknight/BirdyBeakAssaultSquad.jpg[/img]
HijiriOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2010, 22:35   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where I am, California, US
Posts: 2,828
Default Re: Blood Angels 1500 point list--C&C welcome, EXCEPT suggestions for 5th ed dex

Uhhh yeah.... sorry no? Not using 5th Ed dex? Look in the first post, "I'd rather burn the [new] codex than buy it"?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The All-father on me
Oh, dear...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why So Serious?
Dark Ace Cypher with the power of cliffing!
[quote=TheCuriousMonke]
[b]"You must bake muffins for the Greater Good."[/
Ace cipher zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2010, 00:02   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,877
Send a message via AIM to HijiriOni Send a message via MSN to HijiriOni Send a message via Yahoo to HijiriOni
Default Re: Blood Angels 1500 point list--C&C welcome, EXCEPT suggestions for 5th ed dex

Can't see why, the new book lets you field that same exact list, and make it better, for cheaper (points wise). That and any official events will require the use of the full book over the pdf.

Course my suggestions all involve not using the awful PDF as point for a point an almost identical space marine army will be cheaper. It's only problem is the troop slots and fast attack slots for Assault Squads and Attack Bikes. If those we're removed regular marines turn the PDF'dex into a joke.

But hey if you wanna use the pdf I don't think anyone will complain about you basically taking a 200 point handicap at 1500 points.

FYI that you probably don't care for. I used a similiar list in a tournament, it won 2 of all my battles, 1 was against dark angels (I only won because of a good first turn of shooting, and his plasma cannons kept scattering off my death company). The 2nd was against an Eldar army that was designed more around fluff then winning. He had lots of bikes and little else, thus finding himself in quite a pickle against my Baal and Death Company.

I lost horridly to an IG (4th edition) army while having an extra 200 points on my side. And by horridly I mean I had 1 model left on the table while he still had over half his forces fully in tact.

I lost another battle to regular marines. I feel I could have done better in that battle but I honestly don't think the outcome would have ended in victory. The only model in my whole army that proved it's value was the Baal Predator

I technically won a 3rd game...but it was a forfeit from my opponent.

Looking back on all my battles with the PDF (both friendly and tournament) the only model that actually proved itself useful time and time again was the Baal Predator. DC were points sinks, and the Furioso was a bullet absorber.

Now if you insisted on using the 3rd edition codex I'd be with you there, it's still one of the best books imo. It's only issue was the all to easily abused death company rules.
__________________
[img width=650 height=136]http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss229/izardknight/BirdyBeakAssaultSquad.jpg[/img]
HijiriOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2010, 07:11   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where I am, California, US
Posts: 2,828
Default Re: Blood Angels 1500 point list--C&C welcome, EXCEPT suggestions for 5th ed dex

Quote:
Originally Posted by HijiriOni
Can't see why, the new book lets you field that same exact list, and make it better, for cheaper (points wise). That and any official events will require the use of the full book over the pdf.

Course my suggestions all involve not using the awful PDF as point for a point an almost identical space marine army will be cheaper. It's only problem is the troop slots and fast attack slots for Assault Squads and Attack Bikes. If those we're removed regular marines turn the PDF'dex into a joke.

But hey if you wanna use the pdf I don't think anyone will complain about you basically taking a 200 point handicap at 1500 points.

FYI that you probably don't care for. I used a similiar list in a tournament, it won 2 of all my battles, 1 was against dark angels (I only won because of a good first turn of shooting, and his plasma cannons kept scattering off my death company). The 2nd was against an Eldar army that was designed more around fluff then winning. He had lots of bikes and little else, thus finding himself in quite a pickle against my Baal and Death Company.

I lost horridly to an IG (4th edition) army while having an extra 200 points on my side. And by horridly I mean I had 1 model left on the table while he still had over half his forces fully in tact.

I lost another battle to regular marines. I feel I could have done better in that battle but I honestly don't think the outcome would have ended in victory. The only model in my whole army that proved it's value was the Baal Predator

I technically won a 3rd game...but it was a forfeit from my opponent.

Looking back on all my battles with the PDF (both friendly and tournament) the only model that actually proved itself useful time and time again was the Baal Predator. DC were points sinks, and the Furioso was a bullet absorber.

Now if you insisted on using the 3rd edition codex I'd be with you there, it's still one of the best books imo. It's only issue was the all to easily abused death company rules.
And yeah.... you seem to forget that we've had this debate in the Rumors thread. After getting a chance to look at what they actually did put in the new dex, I'm no longer full of disgust, I'll be posting up my uberpwn list in a few. But yeah, I will be keeping my PDFdex around for lower-powered games, and using it for whenever I can find a 3rd Ed match (since the 3rd Ed codex is a bit high-power for most 3rd Ed games, hehe). So far this list has 1 victory too in 3rd, I must be proud of it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The All-father on me
Oh, dear...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why So Serious?
Dark Ace Cypher with the power of cliffing!
[quote=TheCuriousMonke]
[b]"You must bake muffins for the Greater Good."[/
Ace cipher zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1500 point Blood angels list Danielorama Space Marines Army Lists 39 13 May 2010 07:16
Blood Angels 1500 point list--C&C Welcome, this one is my NEW DEX one Ace cipher zer0 Space Marines Army Lists 4 22 Mar 2010 18:16
1500 Point Blood Angels (with GK Allies) ~~ DESTROY the Daemon SCOURGE! Elemental_Elf Space Marines Army Lists 2 28 Jul 2008 01:13
[Batrep]: Tyranids vs. New Blood Angels 1500 point Secure and Control striogi Battle Reports 6 06 Jun 2007 21:00
Blood Angels 1500 Point Army......feedback plz Kovash Space Marines 24 11 Nov 2004 18:09