Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1850 Space Wolves with Daemonhunters
Old 19 Mar 2010, 10:40   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default 1850 Space Wolves with Daemonhunters

This is my fluffy daemon hunting list. The Space Wolves have been assigned a Inquisitor to see how come they are top at destroying chaos and daemons.
Emperor's Tarot and Bjorn's Ancient Tactician play in your favor for first turn.
Living Lightning and Riflemen Dreads can take out light armor. Then the Speeders hunt anything that the Str 7 can't take care of. The lone Power Weapon is to fit more fluffy. That's where the Inquisitor goes, because I can't imagine an Inquisitor being "O.K." with someone that's showing corruption of the Canis Helix. Might be considered a "daemonic" trait.
Comments and Suggestions welcomed.
Thanks for your time,
Eric

HQs - 625
Bjorn - 270

Plasma Cannon, DCCW
Rune Priest - 150
Master of Runes, Living Lightning, Storm Caller
Rune Priest - 105
Living Lightning, Murderous Hurricane, Wolf Tail Tailisman
Rune Priest - 100
Living Lightning, Jaws of the World Wolf

Elites - 325
Dreadnought - 125
2x Twin-Linked Autocannon
Dreadnought - 125
2x Twin-Linked Autocannon
Inquisitor - 75
Daemon-hammer, Emperor's Tarot, Power Armor

Troops - 700
7 Grey Hunters - 125

1 Meltagun, 1 Mark of the Wulfen
Rhino - 50
Extra Armor
7 Grey Hunters - 125
Rhino - 50
Extra Armor
7 Grey Hunters - 125
Rhino - 50
Extra Armor
7 Grey Hunters - 125
1 Meltagun, 1 Power Weapon
Rhino - 50
Extra Armor

Fast Attack - 200
Land Speeder Typhoon - 100

Multi-Melta, Typhoon Missile Launcher
Land Speeder Typhoon - 100
Multi-Melta, Typhoon Missile Launcher

Total - 1850
EricBasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2010, 12:50   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: 1850 Space Wolves with Daemonhunters

I feel this list is too slow, mybye if you could budge in drop pods for the dreadnoughts then I can see this list doing very well...
Jasonsea212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2010, 14:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

He has Rhinos for each Grey Hunter unit and a pair of Land Speeder Typhoons. Looks fast to me. The Dreadnoughts are ranged so they really don't need the Pods; they'll just stomp around the board shooting stuff.

I think the list looks pretty good. It's light on the model count but you have lots of armor to make up for it.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2010, 16:34   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Yeah. Only thing that I would be worried about is heavy armor. I'm going to be using this list in the next week or so to see how it works out. I usually run atleast 2 full packs of Grey Hunters with two meltaguns each.
Old 21 Mar 2010, 05:41   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Very nice list but we can trim some fat off this list and make it more deadly.
The number one item is Bjorn he is way too expensive for this points level. The Inquisitor is a nice additions too!

Now these are just suggestions so take them with a gain of salt. I don't post lately as I am playing and working on my own SW army currently.

Drop the Expensive Rune Priest and all the extra armor on the rhinos.

Use those points to get two Predators with Heavy Bolter Sponsons. 85 points each

I really recommend making at least two GH units really hooked up and those will be your CC units and the other units will just support them. With the last of the extra points pick on GH unit to be your Killer Unit and add in a Powerfist.

As I mentioned, Bjorn is very cool but too expensive for games under 2000. If you lost Bjorn and the Master of Runes, you could get 3 Predators,
Predator -Hvy Bolter Sponsons
Predator - Hvy B Sponsons
Predator - Lascannon Sponsons
total is 290 points for all there
WT
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Wolf-Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2010, 12:50   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

If I do that, I would be missing out on the Emperor's Tarot and Ancient Tactician combo. With both Bjorn and the Inquisitor, I get to first roll against an oppoent. When ever the dice don't match up, I get to add 1 to my roll to see who gets to go first. Then I get a re-roll on top of that to go first.

With my 150 point Rune Priest, He is going to be my mobile cover. He can use Storm Caller and Living Lightning each turn. The Rhinos with Rune Priests in them are essentially razor backs with Autocannons for a turret. With LOS they should be taking shots at light vehicles when ever possible.

I could get rid of the Extra Armor, and Marks of Wulfen/Power Weapon. I don't have the codex infront of me, but I think that should give me 120 points. If I take away the Daemonhammer and Power Armor on the Inquisitor, then I should have 160 points. 10 more points to shave off, and I can get two Predators with Heavy Bolter Sponsors.

Old 22 Mar 2010, 09:18   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Sounds juicy to me, I just felt the dreadnoughts were a bit slow stomping up the board so... that's why I said it's a bit slow...

apart from this it's a good list.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 01:35   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Not sure why you need Inquisitor + Bjorn, your alpha strike is not all that alpha strikeish. Is it just to avoid the alpha strike? Do inquisitors do something I am missing like stop Eldar reserve madness? (Mystics get to shoot lascannons at deepstrikers? But you have none)

Anyways, i think the Inquisitor w or w/o Mystics is a good all-round pick but Bjorn seems unnecessary in this army, which then makes him a pt sink and a vulnerability (kp and objective missions - he is not that hard to kill if savvy opponent wants dead.)

Go one way or another - drop bjorn for better more units and dakka or keep bjorn but drop dreds and rune priests and some grey hunters for razorbacks, and long fangs with razorbacks or minimized with rhinos.
yenhoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2010, 08:54   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

This is exactly what I was thinking, but people normally hate me for posting stuff like that, ;D
Old 25 Mar 2010, 13:34   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I'm working a lot, and I haven't tested it yet. If allies are allowed in Ard' Boyz, then I'm thinking of extending the list to 2500.

I would add 2 Predators, 1 Vindicator, and 5 Grey Hunters in a Razorback with TL-Las. Add HKM to all the vehicles.

I think that would be a good first turn strike. 8 HKM, 3d6 Autocannon EQ shots, 8 Autocannon Dreadnought Shots, 6 TML Shots, and if the Predators don't move, another 4 Autocannon shots, and 1 Lascannon Shot to go first in trying to destroy AV13+.

However, first I want to see how the list fares a couple of times. Then try it at 2500 a couple of times. Only models I need to get for 2500 are HKMs, 1 Razorback, and one more Landspeeder.