Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500 pt Blood Angels
Old 16 Mar 2010, 00:18   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default 1500 pt Blood Angels

I'm not convinced I've got the points quite right as I'm running off the 'leaked' version from a few months back... but here goes:

-HQ
Sanguinor

-TROOPS
2x Tactical (10men) Flamer and Missle Launchers
1x Assault squad
> Storm Harbringer transport

- ELITE
Death Company x5 +1 Reclusium. All with jump packs.
Furioso Dread.

-FAST
Exaulted squad x5

- HEAVY
Devestators x10 with 4x Missiles.

Basic Premise: Fixed point with Devs and Tacticals with DC and Dread for support/reserve. The "flight of angels" special rule etc should allow me to pin point target any incomming threats and drop a jump-pack squad on them.

C&C sought.
Welshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2010, 04:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to crazyguy832
Default Re: 1500 pt Blood Angels

Uuuuuuuhhhhhhhh........ yeah...

That dex was a fandex. A very good one, but a fandex nonetheless.

Sorry, mate.

Do It! ;D
5th edition stats (W/D/L)
Deathwing: 14/6/3
Tau: 5/0/3
Blood Angels (NEW): 10/1/3
Blood Angels (OLD): 27/5/10
Eldar: 10/0/1
Death Guard: 1/0/0
crazyguy832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2010, 07:52   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

doh! ;D Cheers for the heads up, I've only had about 30sec of 'alone time' with the real Codex so far and that explains the differences I've noticed.

Out of interest though, how far off the mark is the 1500pts above? Could you recommend a similar set-u that would be codex compliant?
Old 16 Mar 2010, 16:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well, the list you posted is a couple hundred below your mark.

I'd definitely spend a bit more time with the codex. There's a lot more you can do with the thing.

Do It! ;D
Old 18 Mar 2010, 00:39   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyguy832
There's a lot more you can do with the thing.
Such as? I'm keen to stay away from spamming jump squads as it's not in keeping with the fluff... both as it used to stand and from the Chapter organisation chart I've seen in the new Codex. I've yet to read the full extent of the fluff in the new one as yet.

I'm more interested to see if the force posted above (even if points aren't quite all there yet) would be viable and/or if I'm missing something vital to create a more balanced (i.e. Fluffy) BA force that's not spamming Jump-troops.

Old 18 Mar 2010, 03:03   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Jump troops are not necessary in Blood Angels anymore (or were they ever, really?). Fast rhinos are great, and a 5-man assault squad in a razorback is probably one of the best troops choices in the codex, point for point.

The only problem with you list is it feels very "battleforce." i.e. let's take one of everything and hope it works. You need to create a list with good internal synergy that is capable of tackling a wide variety of foes. You also need redundancy. Having one dread and one flier does not create redundancy, it just makes it easier for the opponent to prioritize (fast things die first :P).

Devs are cheap enough to work now, so I'm not going to say no. But, with only one dev squad as your fire support, you might find it a little lacking. The Stormraven is a little fragile, so I'd recommend taking at least two if you're taking any at all.

Death Company with jump packs are just overpriced. They're much better on foot and even better in a vehicle. A pair of stormravens full of dc, assault marines, and dreadnoughts, is a very scary thing indeed (still only AV12 scary, sadly, but scary nonetheless).

Furiosos have a lot of neat new tricks that I suggest you read about. Myself, I favour twin talons and extra armour. If points allow, I'd add on a magna grapple.

Your tactical layout is okay, but not amazing. You're going to want them in rhinos and you're going to want them midfield supporting your assault elements. I'd recommend a multi-melta as the heavy weapon, but that's really just personal preference (I don't find it hard to be within 24", especially with an 18" move first turn).

Every assault squad needs a fist. At the very very very least a power weapon. A pair of meltaguns is also a great addition.

If you're taking jump pack troops, or assault units at all, I highly recommend sanguinary priests. FC/FNP bubbles are amazing.

The Sanguinor is expensive and your army is most definitely not set up to properly utilize him (you need to hide him behind a wall of vehicles and try to block LOS, or else he's going to crumble; he's also better in an assault-heavy list, rather than a balanced one, in my opinion).

There are plenty of ways to avoid jump troops, but you're going to need some mech to do it. Give the actual codex a read through if you can and figure out what you want from that. It'll be a lot easier to work from there.

Do It! ;D
Old 18 Mar 2010, 22:16   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Thanks Crazy guy. I'll re-post in a couple of week when I've got to grips with the CODEX.
Old 19 Mar 2010, 05:42   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to HijiriOni Send a message via MSN to HijiriOni Send a message via Yahoo to HijiriOni

Yeah, I did some math on DC and Jump Packs and just 1 example that makes it very clear
16 DC armed with Jump Packs are 10 Points shy of 16 DC without jump packs inside a land raider crusader.

Personally I'd rather pay the 10 points, the land raider can deepstrike if you need it (i have no idea why it can but it's in it's rules). It's also a dedicated transport, so it doesn't take an additional FoC and the DC can mount inside it during deployment, circumventing their Rage issues. Not to mention the land raider crusader itself is awesome, lots of dakka, PoTMS, multi-melta. Very nice tank with AV14 all sides and Assault Vehicle. It's almost virtually guaranteed your DC will make it to assault

5 DC + Hero pack costs = Razorback with a good gun. Or Rhino and save yourself some points. The Rhino is also guranteed to move 18 inches, whilst the packs are only guranteed 13 inches unless your within assault range...and you probably won't be first turn. Then theres always the issue of certain armies having certain powers that force you to change your armys layout completely. Jump pack DC are a nice way of saying "Kill 1/5th my army here" to Chaos players.