Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

SW 2000pt Wolfbrothers Espada y Daga
Old 14 Mar 2010, 23:51   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default SW 2000pt Wolfbrothers Espada y Daga

2000pt Wolfbrothers Espada y Daga

Wolf Lord w/tailsmen, two wolf claws, meltabombs
Grey Hunters x 10 w/mark, standard, melta, flamer, powerfist, Razorback w/Assault Cannon
Land Raider Redeemer w/melta (Heavy)

Wolf Priest w/tailsmen, combi-melta
Bloodclaws X 10 w/flamer, powerfist

Wolf Guard Pack (Elite)
1 x Powerfist, Combi-Flamer (Blood Claws Packleader)
2 x Powerfist, Combi-Melta (Grey Hunters Packleaders)
Land Raider Redeemer w/melta (dedicated)

Rune Priest w/Jaws, Storm
Grey Hunters x 8 w/plasma gun, mark, standard, Rhino

Long Fangs x 6 w/ Lascannon x 3, Missle Launcher x 2
Razorback w/Assault cannon

Predator w/ Twin Linked lascannon, 2 Heavy Bolters

6 Vehicles inside of storm bubble if necessary. Assault Cannons on Razorbacks and heavy Bolters on Predator hopefully to provide some close range fire support vs whatever is going to get charged by the guys inside of land raiders. Razorbacks and Pred can keep up with Rhino/Raiders first couple of turns if necessary. Land Raiders can really dominate table and dictate opponents tactics/strategies. Havent had much trouble on multiple objectives or kill points. I think 12 KP total in 2k army not bad.

Please tell me what you think!
yenhoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2010, 04:53   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: SW 2000pt Wolfbrothers Espada y Daga

Not bad, I do prefer GHs to Blood Claws.

Bloodclaw with a Meltagun, not really that great since he is BS3, why not a flamer.

I don't like Assault Cannons on Razorbacks. It just a great weapon on an AV11 vehilce. I would drop both ACs. Drop the WL necklace as he gets rerolls anyways with the Claws and the Necklace on the Rune Priest as well, he is not a Close combat moster and is just there as support. With those points. Get yourself another AV13 Predator with Autocannons and Heavy Bolter Sponsors. The Predator can not target Transports with it's autocannons.
Now you get 7 vehilces

I won't comment on why you have one unit of troops walking and only 3 troop choices in 2K as you seem to know what you are doing by the looks of the list.
Just my two coppers worth
WT
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Wolf-Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2010, 10:06   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Opps - The GH with Rune Priest have a Rhino

Looking in to the 2nd Predator now.

Should swap that BC Melta for BC Flamer and change the WG or WP Combi-Flamer to Combi-Melta?

I like Blood Claws, I like them even more with Wolf Priest. Personal SW Quirk,
Old 15 Mar 2010, 11:25   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Made many of your changes to the above list.

Also a variant w/ Grey Hunters & 2nd Rune Priest instead of WP&BC

2000pt Wolfbrothers Espada y Daga v

Wolf Lord w/tailsmen, two wolf claws
Grey Hunters x 10 w/mark, standard, melta, flamer, powerfist, Razorback w/Assault Cannon
Land Raider Redeemer w/melta (Heavy)

Rune Priest w/Jaws, Storm
Grey Hunters x 10 w/mark, standard, melta, flamer, powerfist

Wolf Guard Pack (Elite)
3 x Powerfist, Combi-Melta (Grey Hunters Packleaders)
Land Raider Redeemer w/melta (dedicated)

Rune Priest w/Jaws, Lightning, Chooser
Grey Hunters x 8 w/plasma gun, mark, standard, Rhino

Long Fangs x 6 w/ Lascannon x 2, Missle Launcher x 3
Razorback w/Assault cannon

Predator w/ Twin Linked lascannon, 2 Heavy Bolters
Old 15 Mar 2010, 11:38   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Regarding 3 troops and long fangs/predators:

I like the idea of long fangs, can swap them for 2nd predator, but at 2500 its easy to sneak the 2nd land raider into elite and get that 2nd predator and still have a unit of long fangs.

I think the assault cannons are necessary, they could be lascannons - either way those guys in the land raiders need that support.

The points for more troops are in those long fangs or that predator. Could swap either for guys to go inside the razorbacks. Probably could populate one razorback with GH if I dropped the 2nd. Ill try that as a variant first.

Old 15 Mar 2010, 17:59   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Since you are new, here, I'll let you know that the Mods may want you to edit your posts instead of posts back to back.
Back to the inportant stuff.
It was my bad, forgot one of your LRs was a heavy. I wanted you to drop the AssualtCs for another Predator.

I am not knocking assault cannons but they they are alot of points on a AV11 vehicle and you need to get close to use them. But if your going to spend those points, I wonder if you would consider the Lascannon/Twin-linked Plasmagun. I am looking at converting my Razors for this as well. It gives you more Lascannons so you can knock out transports so you can use your troops to get to the crunchies inside.

WT
I am working on my 2500 list as well
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Old 16 Mar 2010, 05:23   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I have been updating the OP along with my rambling. I think there is something to be said for blood claws and the extra attacks. wolf priest makes them viable.

I favor the 2nd list and Grey Hunters because they are all-around more tournament worthy seemingly and the 2nd rune priest is solidness. The variant on the 2nd list with only 1 Razorback w/5-6 Grey Hunters (melta, mark) and a small trim on the long fangs might be even more tournament-viable-worthy due to the extra troop, and more overall shots (rapidfire bolters > assault cannon)

Is the twin-linked lascannon or lascannon/tl-plasmagun better or more utility then tl-assault cannon? Need to gun down nurgles, tzeech, nids....... before those guys in the land raiders charge or get charged.

Old 20 Mar 2010, 02:34   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I like your second list as well.

I don't recommend the TL-Lascannon if it is your only Razorback if your using 2 or more Razorbacks, it should work out. I will see these when you have a heavy Mech army.

There is something I read that relates the power of tanks that comes from WW II. It says that two tanks work like three tanks. So you can't run one tank or one Razorback. But if you have two or more they work together adding up their fire power.

Your list should do okay since you have two LRs running toward the enemy.

But remember your army list needs to work with your other components. So in order for your LR troops to do their magic, you need to pop transports carrying your opponents Elite troops or his LRs. So do you need those Assault cannons or do you just want them because they are a cool weapons.

WT
Old 22 Mar 2010, 04:14   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

After many games over the last two weeks I have swapped out the pred and long fangs for two vindicators. The Razorback with troops swapped for 2nd rhino with more troops. So thats Land Raider #1 with WGBL and GH unit, Land Raider #2 with RP and GH unit, Rhino with RP and GH and 2nd Rhino with WG and GH, then two vindicators.

Clever 'Wolfblade' heavy armor formations + storm is working out against even the heaviest anti-tank gunline at range. Your right about stopping the fast-melta. The three assault-cannons plush demolishers have been doing the trick, and giving enough close range support. 40 marines with bolters is also working out well in that department.

The Land Raiders really are bristling with weapondry when you count whats inside also.

Will post some tournament results later next week!