Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500 Blood Angels (new codex)
Old 12 Mar 2010, 02:56   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to crazyguy832
Default 1500 Blood Angels (new codex)

Well, I had a looksie at the new codex today and thought I'd figure out some changes to my jump pack list. Here we go...

Librarian w/Jump Pack (Unleash Rage, Shield) - 125
2x Sanguinary Priests, Jump Packs - 150
10x Assault Marines, 2x Meltaguns, Powerfist, Melta Bombs - 240
10x Assault Marines, 2x Meltaguns, Powerfist - 235
7x Vanguard Veterans, 2x Power Weapon, Powerfist - 280
-- 1500 --

Pretty similar in a lot of ways to my current list, but no special characters (yay!). I lose re-rolls from Dante, but pure numbers of attacks make up for it. 2 sang priests are more than enough to give FC/FNP to my whole block of troops. Libbie either hangs out in the second row shielding my front rank or hops on over to the vanguard to give them re-rolls.

One of the biggest problems with the list right now is getting shot up. Hopefully the feel no pain bubbles will help with that (just how much they'll help we'll have to wait and see, haha). I'm considering taking a unit of sanguinary guard rather than the vanguard. Partially for the prettiness and partially because they'll be very scary looking (but at the back of my lines to hopefully soak up large blasts and the like away from my core). They're really expensive for 5 models, though. I could take a squad of 5 with banner and 2 inferno pistols for 250, leaving me an extra 30 points. I'd probably throw power weapons onto the sanguinary priests with that, then. Plus, 5 2+ wounds vs 7 3+. Huh... now I almost convinced myself to do it.

Well, comments, suggestions, etc.?

Edit: I'm thinking I pointed out the VGV wrong... >_< I'll have to double check next time I have access to the codex.

Fixed... I think, lol. Either way, it's close enough.

Edit 2: Here's the new list with the SG added in. I think I'm gonna go with this one, or at least use this as my starting point. C&C is still greatly appreciated, for sure (and thanks to everyone who's posted so far!)

Librarian w/Jump Pack (Unleash Rage, Shield) - 125
2x Sanguinary Priests, 2x Power Weapons Jump Packs - 180
10x Assault Marines, 2x Meltaguns, Powerfist, Melta Bombs - 240
5x Sanguinary Guard, 2x Infernus Pistols, Banner - 250
-- 1500 --

Do It! ;D
5th edition stats (W/D/L)
Deathwing: 14/6/3
Tau: 5/0/3
Blood Angels (NEW): 10/1/3
Blood Angels (OLD): 27/5/10
Eldar: 10/0/1
Death Guard: 1/0/0
crazyguy832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2010, 08:55   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: 1500 Blood Angels (new codex)

You know the codex isn't out for another three weeks don't you?

50 Marines all with jump packs sounds good though. With FNP you shouldn't be losing too much to shooting and you have enough melta for the tanks.
cykosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2010, 10:35   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to DarkKnightCuron Send a message via MSN to DarkKnightCuron

50 Marines with Jump packs o___o Flipping scary, if you ask me. Just be careful you don't end up in the '300' situation all the time, but it will be a lot of fun to play, I'm sure.
Old 12 Mar 2010, 16:56   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykosis
You know the codex isn't out for another three weeks don't you?

50 Marines all with jump packs sounds good though. With FNP you shouldn't be losing too much to shooting and you have enough melta for the tanks.
It's in stores, you can see it if you ask. The rumours online are 100% accurate now (as they're basically just copied from the codex). I've also spent a bit of time with it. At its core, though, it's really just a marine codex.

Besides, I always like to plan in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnightCuron
50 Marines with Jump packs o___o Flipping scary, if you ask me. Just be careful you don't end up in the '300' situation all the time, but it will be a lot of fun to play, I'm sure.
Haha, yeah. Right now I'm running 38 jump marines, but only 7 have feel no pain. Those 7 always make it to the enemy's lines.

I have had a few 300 scenarios. Mostly against orks. ;D

Do It! ;D
Old 12 Mar 2010, 17:03   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Is Dante any good, because I was thinking of a list similar to yours (less jump packs, 2 rhinos, 30 tacticals) and was wondering if he was a lot of points.

s he similar to Logan Grimnar?

- Will
Old 12 Mar 2010, 17:05   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to HijiriOni Send a message via MSN to HijiriOni Send a message via Yahoo to HijiriOni

My 7 Always get shot up with plasma cannons, demolisher cannons, and any other ignores FnP rule.

How's the DC cost wise in the new book crazy? I noticed you aren't using them at all, but you've got FnP and FC bubbles making up for it.
Old 12 Mar 2010, 18:10   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

If I remember correctly, Death Company are 10 points cheaper than they used to be, but giving them jump packs very nearly doubles the points cost. And they've lost Rending.

When you're running Sanguinary Priests they're not that useful as you already have Furious Charge and FnP bubbles.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2010, 19:42   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will of kaos
Is Dante any good, because I was thinking of a list similar to yours (less jump packs, 2 rhinos, 30 tacticals) and was wondering if he was a lot of points.

- Will
Dante is a little overpriced in the new codex, in my opinion. He can make one enemy IC take -1W, -1A, -1I, and -1WS (awesome). Him and his squad have hit and run (nice, but not amazing) and won't scatter when deep-striking (not as big of a deal considering descent of angels makes them only scatter 1d6 anyways). He also has a death mask (enemy takes a ld test when assaulted, if they fail they're at WS1; most things you want to fail are going to be ld9/10, so meh, it's nice when it works). All of that's great, however, not only does he lose his preferred enemy bubble (*tear*), but he costs more than he used to. No eternal warrior also means he's still going to get punked by hidden powerfists like he used to.

The best part about him is he makes sanguinary guard troops choices. If you're taking at least 2 units of SG, I'd say Dante's worth it then. Otherwise, I'd skip. Man is he expensive. And so are SG, for that matter. But they sure are purdy. If he was the same cost as he currently is, I'd consider fielding him. As is, I'd say Astorath is a much better character than Dante (and a little cheaper, to boot).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HijiriOni
My 7 Always get shot up with plasma cannons, demolisher cannons, and any other ignores FnP rule.

How's the DC cost wise in the new book crazy? I noticed you aren't using them at all, but you've got FnP and FC bubbles making up for it.
Mine tend to stick to cover so they absorb a fair amount of even that fire. I'd rather have FNP-ignoring fire going at them than my regular marines (where the blasts would hit more things). I also run all of my units at max coherency most of the time. It's nice when a large blast can't really hit more than 3-ish at the most. ;D

Also, I never said they made it intact . Against a decent IG gunline, it'll generally only be two, three if I'm lucky (and I have first turn; if I have second, it's 50-50 depending on how much regular firepower they send that way). Like I said before, however, each large blast sent at them is one less at my core.

DC cost the same as vanguard vets per model. However, it costs a power weapon to give them jump packs (so, the same cost as they currently are with a pack). They've lost rending but can get power weapons/fists/etc. Overall... meh. They're a great unit to throw in a crusader or the like, and chaplains (at least Astorath, if not all of them) let them re-roll to hit and to wound. Not worth it with packs, especially with saguinary priests running around. On foot, great unit. Need to be in a vehicle, however, or you're going to be led around the board due to rage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter Master Seth
If I remember correctly, Death Company are 10 points cheaper than they used to be, but giving them jump packs very nearly doubles the points cost. And they've lost Rending.

When you're running Sanguinary Priests they're not that useful as you already have Furious Charge and FnP bubbles.
Yup!

Do It! ;D
Old 12 Mar 2010, 19:46   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyguy832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will of kaos

- Will
Dante is a little overpriced in the new codex, in my opinion. He can make one enemy IC take -1W, -1A, -1I, and -1WS (awesome). Him and his squad have hit and run (nice, but not amazing) and won't scatter when deep-striking (not as big of a deal considering descent of angels makes them only scatter 1d6 anyways). He also has a death mask (enemy takes a ld test when assaulted, if they fail they're at WS1; most things you want to fail are going to be ld9/10, so meh, it's nice when it works). All of that's great, however, not only does he lose his preferred enemy bubble (*tear*), but he costs more than he used to. No eternal warrior also means he's still going to get punked by hidden powerfists like he used to.

The best part about him is he makes sanguinary guard troops choices. If you're taking at least 2 units of SG, I'd say Dante's worth it then. Otherwise, I'd skip. Man is he expensive. And so are SG, for that matter. But they sure are purdy. If he was the same cost as he currently is, I'd consider fielding him. As is, I'd say Astorath is a much better character than Dante (and a little cheaper, to boot).

What is astoraths ability and does he have to have Death company for him to be at his most effective as I will probably won't be fielding them.

- Will

Oh and sorry for putting this into your army list, should I PM instead?
Old 12 Mar 2010, 19:52   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

No worries, I don't mind. Might as well have the discussion here.

Astorath costs a thunder hammer less than a land raider, but he's fun. Stats are the same as Dante's are right now, but he has one less attack. S6 power weapon that forces opponents to re-roll successful invulnerable saves (love these types of weapons), artificer armour, rosarious, 'nades, yada yada. He removes the death company's 0-1 limit (so... yeah... 180 death company army anyone?). All units in your army suffer the red thirst on a 1-3 instead of a 1 (they gain furious charge and fearless, but drop and they shall know no fear). He also has litanies of hate which allow the DC to re-roll to-hit and to-wound. Only downside is he has a jump pack, so he can't chill in a crusader. You could throw him with 10 DC in a storm raven. Or, be completely insane and take 30 DC with jump packs, say 6 power weapons and 2 fists (1410 point unit! woohoo!).

I would run him up the field with some RAS or similar. When the DC pile out of the crusader to assault, he can hop over and join them for madness!

Do It! ;D