Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Create your own [s]adventure[/s] army list
Old 19 Feb 2010, 16:53   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Create your own [s]adventure[/s] army list

I bet HTML doesn't work in the thread title!

Anyways, I have been slowly absorbing marines everywhere I go. I am not sure if you guys know of someone like me, but I am that guy who gets you pumped about an army, you get it, start to paint, get tired and quit. Now it would be a shame for that warhammer to go to waste, and I often give a small monetary exchange for the models they no longer desire.

SO, I have marines and lots of them, I am going to list them. I am a big advocate of WYSIWYG, and will give necessary details. What you guys CAN do (I will eventually as well, I have a few mins downtime, but not much longer) is make a cohesive army, or not! Also bear in mind, 'getting' a model as in buying one is not really possible at the moment, so while many may say, hey why not get a land raider crusader ;D, I am working on my nids atm, so no thanks.

(This army is painted like Blood Angels, anything not painted would be a pain to get moving but not at all impossible)

HQ: Captain Zack;
Sweet pose and custom parts all round, this guy is packing a thunder hammer, jetpack, and has a magnetized hand for combiplasma, or melta.
Chaplains Gregory and Harold (and ???): These guys used to run with my death company, they are straight up Chaplains, with jetpacks. I have a terminator chaplain, have never used him.
Chapter master: You know those black reach commanders, I have one of them painted up, I used him as a chapter master once, with 'relic blade'.
Librarians. I have one stock librarian, as well as Mephiston (unpainted, and missing an arm? that's weird).
Master of the Forge; I kinda threw this guy together when I got my 3rd dread, he has a servo harness!

Elites:
Terminators: I have 15 terminators that are new, 20 old, (2)assault cannon, heavy flamer, and missile launcher. As well 5 assault terminators, 4 LC, 1 TH/SS. (40 termis, why didn't I make a Deathwing army...)
Dreadnought: 4 Of them, 2 from AoBR, that is DCCW and multimelta, 1 (venerable) with TL-LC and ML, and 1 Death Company Furioso.
SternGuard I have 10 of them, in my infinite wisdom I went through the trouble of sticking a flamer on one.

Troops:
Tactical Marines: ~60 of them (w/6 sarges, 2 with powerfist, 1 power weapon, 3 Pistol CCW). Special weapons include, 1 flamer, 5 melta guns, Heavy weapons include, missile launchers (might as well be infinite), Plasma Cannon, multimelta, Lascannon, Heavy Bolter. Its also worth noting I have 1 Rhino. Only 50 marines are painted.

Scouts: 5 scouts, 2 snipers, one with Missile launcher, 2 bolters. With cloaks they are an easy 100 point throw a unit on the table choice.

Fast Attack
Assault Marines 30 with 3 sarges*. Ok, 10 of them look like assault marines, they have a powersword sarge, and 2 plasma pistols. 10 OTHERS look like Death Company, and has a sarge with a powerfist and one plasma pistol. the other 10 look like hell on earth (I converted dark angel marines with the cloaks to have jetpacks and assault weaponry) could be fielded as vanguard vets or normal assault team with a little proxy, as they have 2 powerswords, and 2 flamers.

Bikes3 Bikes (with magnetized flamers), and 3 attack bikes with magnetized MultiMelta sidecars.

Land Speeder Land speeder with heavy flamer, yep.

Heavy Support
Land raider You might have heard of these, they have 2 TL-LC
Devastator marines Usually with missiles (as I said, infinite) and 1 LC. can make 2 squads.

Like I said, I am gonna have to make a list soon for a doubles game (with Imperial Guard, only 1 heavy slot for me), I also wanted to make a special army with cool units, like all 4 dreads, many termies, MoTF, and death company. Let me know if you guys see anything cool.

Old 20 Feb 2010, 02:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Create your own [s]adventure[/s] army list

Quote:
...Blood Angels...
Would you like a Blood Angels list then? Or DYI rules? Personally, I'd go with the vanilla codex or even, if you wanted to bank on the more feral and vampire-ish nature of the Blood Angels, the Space Wolves codex. Let me know what you decide, but I'd steer you away from the actual PDF Blood Angels codex. Its really not too competitive and pales in comparison to the other Space Marine codices.
Warsmith Tyranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2010, 05:40   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to crazyguy832

Also, how many points?

Do It! ;D
5th edition stats (W/D/L)
Deathwing: 14/6/3
Tau: 5/0/3
Blood Angels (NEW): 10/1/3
Blood Angels (OLD): 27/5/10
Eldar: 10/0/1
Death Guard: 1/0/0
crazyguy832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2010, 14:47   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I have recently been using these guys as vanilla marines, but they could also be Blood angels just to give some options. Pointwise, theres one game coming up that was 1250, but I usually run 2000. I am thinking of expanding a little as well, (probably vindi, and Heavies have next to no options)
Old 21 Feb 2010, 15:34   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

From what I can see, the lists you could run could be...
  • Blood Angels
  • Vanilla Marines
  • Master of the Forge List
  • Deathwing
  • Doublewing
  • Wolfwing

Which one appeals to you?
Old 22 Feb 2010, 12:40   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Have run the first two often so something new would be cool,
I didn't know MoTF had its own list!
Deathwing I kinda know of, but Double wing? Why, what's that?
Wolfwing no thanks.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 12:48   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well Master of the Forge and his special rule, Lord of the Armory, append the regular Force Organization Chart, so yes, he demands his own list build.

Doublewing involves both Ravenwing and Deathwing contingents. Hell, you could even go Triplewing if you had some of your Tactical Squads in the mix there...
Old 22 Feb 2010, 13:39   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

On a sidenote, I think there is a ravenwing box, like battleforce? Now, I have 'free' box coming in from academy training (a GW initiative that teaches you how to be a warhammer person), I think that box may be it (like 6 bikes and 2 speeders?). Its all quite new, I barely played any games with marines, they are surprisingly uncommon (or uncommonly played, relatively speaking). I think there is a big difference between reading the codex and knowing the army.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 23:07   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Aye, there is a Ravenwing Box.