Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

2500 Point Salamander List "Vulkan's Reclaimers"
Old 15 Feb 2010, 10:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha
Default 2500 Point Salamander List "Vulkan's Reclaimers"

READ AFTER THE ARMY LIST!!! This is a highly themed army intended to make use of various special abilities in a fast, hard-hitting army.

=====
HQ
=====
Forgefather Vulkan He'stan: 190 pts

Space Marine Bike Captain, with Power Weapon and Digital Weapons: 160 pts
Bike Command Squad, with Champion and Standard: 235 pts
=====
TROOPS
=====
Scout Sniper Squad, Camo Cloaks and H.Bolter/Missile Launcher (Varies): 180 pts
Tellion Character Upgrade: 50 pts

Scout Squad, with 5 Boltguns, 5 Shotguns, and 1 Meltabomb: 145 pts

Bike Squad, with 2 Flamers and Multimelta: 275 pts
=====
ELITES
=====
Ironclad Dreadnought: 145 pts
Drop Pod w/ Deathwind: 55 pts

Ironclad Dreadnought: 145 pts

Sternguard Veterans, with 3 Combi-flamers and 3 Combi-Meltas: 180 pts
=====
FAST
=====
Land Speeder Storm, with Multimelta: 65 pts

Land Speeder Storm, with Multimelta: 65 pts

Land Speeder Typhoon x2, with Multimeltas: 200 pts
=====
HEAVY
=====
Thunderfire Cannon: 100

=====

Tactically, the army uses the Bolster Defenses to support the Thunderfire Cannons and the Sniper Squad, which is typically combat squadded to provide better battlefield coverage. Three teams of bikes lead the army as well as three squadrons of Speeders; Firepower in the middle, close support on the flanks.

TURN 1: When first turn pops, two drop pods with Ironclads split the army into thirds, negating support fire across the line of deployment until the drop pods are destroyed, allowing the firepower of the army to be focused during the first turn.

TURN 2-3 Afterwards, the army diverges and the fast-moving vehicles and bikes pressure what remains of the enemy flanks until nothing remains, with Thunderfires and Snipers picking off hordes and Monsterous Creatures that escaped the initial barrage.

TURN 3-5 Typically, the winner is already decided. But, if the enemy proves more resilient than expected, one last drop pod hits ground; Vulkan He'stan and six Sternguard Veterans, ready to claim victory and any artifacts the enemy posseses. Using meltabeams and holy promethium, the Emperor's foes will be purged in bloody fashion.

=====

How well do you thing it will fare, T-O?
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote