Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

UPDATE: 2000 pt Dark Angels list, for your consideration with possible variant
Old 10 Feb 2010, 01:39   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default UPDATE: 2000 pt Dark Angels list, for your consideration with possible variant

So here's what I have currently:

HQ

Belial, standard loadout
Company Master, Plasma Pistol

Troops

Tactical Squad, 10 models, with a flamer and a plasma cannon (typically combat squaded in to two groups to split up the flamer and plasma cannon)

Deathwing (as troops with Belial as an HQ) Squad 1: One with an Assault Cannon

Deathwing Squad 2: 3 pairs of lightning claws, two with Thunder hammer/storm shield

Elites

Dreadnought with Twinlinked Lascannon and Missile Launcher

Fast Attack

Ravenwing Attack Squad with three additional bikers, one with a Meltagun and one with a Plasma gun. Also an Attack Bike with multimelta

Support Squad (Land Speeders), three Land Speeders, all with multimeltas, and one with a bonus typhoon launcher and one with an assault cannon

Heavy Support

Predator tank with Twinlinked Lascannon primary, side sponson lascannons, and a pintile mounted stormbolter (had a few extra points, didn't know what else to do with them )

Two vindicators, standard loadout.

So I played in a local tournament today, 3 matches with this list, timed games (2 hour time limit) and all pitched battle, kill-point annihilation games. And I got demolished. Well, two of the games were close (3 to 2, 4 to 3, though both of those might've been different had there not been a time limit) but in one game a line of IG demolished me as I had no cover to hide behind and couldn't ever get close enough to damage him (I think that one ended up about 12 to 2).

Needless to say, I'm trying to trim some of the fat from my list and make sure that points are well spent and effective.

It was suggested I consider an interrogator-chaplain. It was also suggested I get a Land Raider to transport my Assault Termies with.

So how about the following changes to the above list, which still results in 2000 points:

Drop: The Company Master, the three additional Ravenwing bikers (the ones without the special weaps), the flamer and the plasma cannon from the tac squad, and the predator tank

Add: Land Raider Crusader (Dark Angels variant has multimelta, two hurricane bolters, and a twin-linked assault cannon), Interrogator Chaplain in Terminator Armor, and a missile launcher for the Tac Squad.

The plan would be to run the assault terminators with the interrogator chaplain in the Land Raider Crusader, and then have the tac squad combat squaded to give me two (albeit small) scoring units, one of which would ideally stay back with the missile launcher and add fire support like that.

I guess the one question I have is a regular Land Raider vs a Crusader. I couldn't bring the Inter.Chaplain in the regular land raider because it can only take 5 terminators, though I am worried about dropping my predator with 3 las cannons for the land raider crusader which has less-good tank-busting weaponry (though the multimelta and twinlinked assault cannon certainly aren't anything to scoff at.). On the other hand, with the normal land raider, I'd have the two side-mounted lascannons, though the assault terminators would be by themselves.

Thoughts?

Thanks all!
Grorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Feb 2010, 00:30   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: 2000 pt Dark Angels list, for your consideration

not enough troops. 10 termies wont stand around long and 10 tacticals can only do so much. especially at 2000 points. I aim for 1 scoring unit for every 500 points in my army.
Old 12 Feb 2010, 00:35   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: 2000 pt Dark Angels list, for your consideration

Even if I combat squad the 10 man tac squad? That sort of gives me four "units" of troops. And if I add another 5-10 man tac squad (I am assuming, over another bunch of termies...?), what would you cut from the list to free up the points?

Thanks for the input!
Grorx is offline   Reply With Quote