Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Space Wolves 2500 Point Take a look and comment NEW !!
Old 30 Jan 2010, 09:53   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Space Wolves 2500 Point Take a look and comment NEW !!

[color=black]HQ: Ulrik the Slayer Ulrik the Slayer

HQ: Wolf Lord in Power Armor
Wolf Tail Talisman, Thunderwolf Mount, Frost Weapon. Saga of the Beastslayer
Total 185

Elite: Wolf Guard Pack
Wolf Guard Pack in Land Raider Crusader
Total of 3 Wolf Guard leaders

1 Wolf Guard in Power Armor
Frost Weapon
Attached Drop Pod #2

2 Wolf Guard in Power Armor
Frost Weapon
Attached to Land Raider Unit

3 Wolf Guard in Power Armor
Melta Bombs; Combi-Melta; Frost Weapon (need to model Powerfist thanks Sardis)
Unit goes with Scout Unit

Elite: Wolf Scouts Pack
8 Scouts - Meltagun; Plasma Pistol x 1, Mark of the Wulfen
Points 160

Troops: Grey Hunters Razor Pack #1
6 GHs
Meltagun; Power Fist;
Razorback
Points 160

Troops: Grey Hunters Razor Pack #2
6 GHs
Meltagun; Power Fist;
Razorback
Points 160

Troops: Grey Hunters Razor Pack #3
5 GHs
Meltagun;
Razorback
Points 120

Troops: Grey Hunters Pack #1
10 GHs
Plasmagun x 2; Plasma Pistol; Power Fist
Drop Pod
Points 235

Troops: Grey Hunters Pack #2
9 GHs
Meltagun; Power Fist; MotW
Drop Pod
Points 215

Troops: Grey Hunters Pack #3
10 GHs these guys ride in style in the Land Raider along with a Wolf Guard with Frost Blade and Ulrik
Flamer; Power Fist; Meltagun; MotW; Wolf Stanard
Points 200

Fast Attack: Thunderwolf Cavalry
4 TWC, Storm Shields x 2, Thunderhammer, Melta bombs x 2
Points 300

Heavy Support: Land Raider Crusader
Multi-Melta
Points 260
Heavy Support: Predator
Extra Armor
Points 100
Heavy Support: Predator
Extra Armor
Points 100

Total Cost: 2499
This is my new list I have been talking about, let me know what you guys think. Is it good, Great, Poor, Too Fluffy or just plain sucks (what were you thinking!)
WT

Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Wolf-Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2010, 20:33   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Space Wolves 2500 Point Take a look and comment NEW !!

Just a quick suggestion, but at this point level I would really look into getting yourself a rune priest even if its a basic none upgraded one. I say this because you may find that you will really need some psychic defence (especially if you come across the new nids), and his powers are also very usefull.
Sardis Varrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Feb 2010, 03:45   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardis Varrn
Just a quick suggestion, but at this point level I would really look into getting yourself a rune priest even if its a basic none upgraded one. I say this because you may find that you will really need some psychic defence (especially if you come across the new nids), and his powers are also very usefull.
I agree with you but where do I cut the points? And is it really worth it?

What do you think of the list as is?

I was thinking of cutting out Ulrik and getting a regular Wolf Priest and doing some other cutting.

The other option is cutting out Razorback unit #3

Another option is cutting points from everywhere, and adding the Wolf Priest.

I still want the 3rd Razorback but can I get a Razorback for the Land Raider Crusader 10 GH unit?

Is this legal?

WT
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Old 01 Feb 2010, 20:32   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf-Tau
I still want the 3rd Razorback but can I get a Razorback for the Land Raider Crusader 10 GH unit?

Is this legal?
It is legal as the LRC is a heavy support choice not a dedicated transport. This means that you can still purchase a dedicated transport for the unit, but only that unit can start the game embarked in it (although it doesn't have to).

I suggested the Rune priest as most races now have some very nice psychic powers that could cause you some serious problems. For example the in the new nid dex zoanthropes have a power that has the same Str and AP as a railgun as well as the "lance" special rule. This means that they can penetrate your Landraider on the roll of 3+, which I'm sure you will admit is rather scary. Oh and did I mention that they are fairly cheap and they can take 9 of them in a list no problem!

As for what to change I will have to get back to you on that, when Ive got time to properly look at your list (working to much)!
Sardis Varrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2010, 20:00   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

One WG unit may take any landraider as a dedicated transport. Personally, I've never felt that Ulrik's points were worth what you got over a straight wolf priest (one non special model gets a bump...whee?). And I never take a wolf priest unless I'm taking some kind of 'claws, they just don't seem worth it to me. I'd much rather have a rune priest.

That being said, 15 Bloodclaws and a Wolfpriest in a landraider crusader rammed down the enemy's throat is just fun. Expensive, expensive fun. I'm also a big fan of the jump priest and 5 or 6 skyclaws.
Prophecy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2010, 03:04   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

@ Sardis - I have heard of that creature, but I also heard it is very short range, 18". I don't know the str of that power as I have not picked up my Nid codex yet, but Railgun is STR10, which would make it a 2+.

@Prophecy07 - I was the exact same way. The only problem is Ulrik is in my Enemy Elite/Character/MC killing unit. I am playing 40 points more for 1 more WS, BS, A, and I. Initiative is the what sells me on Ulrik. With I5 I can go at the same time as any Space Marine Calgar, Kantor, or Lysander type character. And I get to give +1 WS to anyone, which goes on my WG and Frostblade in the LR (now he hits WS4 on a 3+). Trust me it was a tough choice and I really sure could use those 40 points. (that's a Razorback) He has paid for himself many times. There's been times I think, Wow, Ulrik is overkill but I rather have that than wish I had paid the difference.

So even if I take just three WG and split them all off, I can take a LR as a dedicated transport? ?

I will agree that if this list was 1750, I would take a base Wolf Priest, anything past that I will take Ulrik.

plus Prophecy, you never mentioned how you like or hated the list.

WT
Old 03 Feb 2010, 19:12   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

3 wolfguard could take it as a dedicated transport. The way it would work though is nothing other then and IC could start in it since if you split the wolfguard up that squad wouldn't actually exist anymore so that you would have to start them near it and then move them on nothing to bad really unless you get some piss pore rolls under something like a hammerhead submunition.

The list seems fairly good. I some what agree on ulrik but in most cirumstances I would say a normal wolf priest would be more beneficial since you get to choose what you get prefered enemy against. Against a nidzilla list or something ulrik would be godly but against most armies I would say a normal priest is the way to go.
space wolf bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2010, 15:27   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Yeah. You can take it and it just has to start empty (I think an IC could start in it). It doesn't have to start anywhere near any of your WGs, but if you want it to carry somebody, they'll have to embark on turn 1.

As for the list, it's not how I would run it, but it seems like you have a plan. Plus, I'm no expert myself. My wolves are my second 40k army (started a Tau army but never finished it. Played Chaos WHFB back in the day when which god you aligned yourself to mattered. Not this "Undivided" BS they have now), and my win record isn't that great.

Prophecy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2010, 16:33   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

@ Prophecy07 - Actually I do have a plan, Every Unit is expendable to start.

Turn 1, I will try to let me opponent go first.

The idea is to unleash the full carnage potential of all my guns on the enemy, to either destroy one unit completely or leave it to the point it is no longer a danger. 12 Fire Warriors down to 2 to 3 or ten Marines down to 2. 30 Boyz down to 12. Very little I have is high AP but lots of High STR dakka will kill most units with high numbers of shots. 4 str7/ 12 str5 shots from the Predators is a good start now bring in my three Razors 9 more Hvy Bolter shots. 25 shots of at least str5. If my mathhammer is right, that should be around 12 wounds, and I am guessing 7 to 8 marines down.

I will drop my Drop Pod to pull troops away from his main attack. I plan to back up that unit by sending in 1 or 2 Razorback units close by for gun support. They will try to not engage anything yet but I will make it look like they will. They will just stand by and Melt anything that comes near. Plus take any counter charges until reinforcements arrive.

Predators will also assist in clearing a path so that Drop Pod full of troops does not disappear on turn 2.

Land Raider will try to hit his main force with TWC back up.

Scouts more disrupt with rear tank melting.

Last Razor goes to objective by stays close by to lend gun support to LR and TWC.

Last Pod goes to sit on objective as well or drops near Pod 1 to lend support.

Each Razorback can become a speed bump and can melt a tank as each unit has a Meltagun. My Scout unit is mainly a Tank Melting unit with Two Meltaguns, Plasma Pistol, Powerfist and one MotW.

Which is how I want to play it but everyone knows nothing goes as planned.

WT

As a matter of fact, I think people are going to go crazy with the new Nid dex so I want to add more Dakka. Will show updated list soon. It is basically the same with few changes.