Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1000 Pt List for this weekend
Old 31 Dec 2009, 21:27   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default 1000 Pt List for this weekend

Hi all,

I've been out of the game for quite some time, so soon I will be brushing off my minis and hitting the table. I'm putting together a 1000 point list, here is what I've got so far:

Chaplain Cassius 125

Terminator Sqaud 5x w/ Assault Cannon 230

Tactical Squad 10x, Sgt w/ fist, Plasma Gun, Missile Launcher 205
Tactical Squad 10x, Sgt w/ fist, Plasma Gun, Missile Launcher 205
Scout Squad 5x w/ camo, snipers, missile launcher 100

Vanguard Squad 5x, Sgt w/ fist 135

I only like using painted minis, sort of a pet peeve of mine. I would consider cutting out the scouts and or vanguards if you can think of a better substitute. Other models I can use include: small dev squads, 3 speeders all outfitted with autocannons or missile launchers, and tac squads with various armaments.

I always use a chap under 1000 points, I seem to have good luck with em. The list I posted looks to be flexible, I don't have a specific opponent in mind but I want to play an all around list that is infantry heavy, to negate anti tank weapons.

The scouts and heavy weapon teams would provide a fire base for the rest of the army, termies would probably not deep strike, though I always make that call at the table.

What do you guys think? I've heard this edition calls for mounted marines most of the time, whichI'm not used to doing at all. Is this list viable, how could it be made better?

edit: a second list, better I hope?

Cassius 125
Terms 230

Tac Squad Uno 205
Tac Squad II 205
Scouts 100

Assault Squad w/ flamer, fisty sgt 135

Only difference is vanguard for assault squad. I figure the lack of jump packs makes the vanguards a dead horse, even on a small board. The assault squad at 5 men is more or less a suicide squad or a reserve unit saved to turn the tide of a melee going bad for the tac squads.

Should I run them with a flamer or plasma pistol?
DanielSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2009, 21:36   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: 1000 Pt List for this weekend

Oh, I should add that a lot of the guys I play like to use a smaller board on 1000 point or lower games, which was one of the main reasons I thought I might get away with no rhinos or pods.
Old 02 Jan 2010, 21:11   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I found another terminator squad in the closet, so I could turn the list into terminator spam.

Cassius, two tac squads and a full strength terminator squad, or two 5 man squads. Both would rock assault cannons, or one with the missile launcher, one ass cannon. Anyone ever try using that many terminators at 1000 points?
Old 02 Jan 2010, 22:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

If you don't like your assault squad's chances, maybe switch it up for some landspeeders. Those things are extremely annoyingly hard to hit, and respond better for repositioning and reaction play than a tiny group of assaulters can. They don't get bogged down to do their jobs. I imagine the assault marines with sargey fist are a bit harder hitting (but I don't like doing math for details, sorry) but speeders are more survivable so long as you keep them moving, and don't get tarpitted like assaulters.
Guitardian is offline   Reply With Quote