Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500pt SW.
Old 30 Dec 2009, 19:59   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default 1500pt SW.

This army I am running at the moment in a semi-competitive enviroment in my LGS. Cna you please give me some C&C please as I want to eventually turn this into a tourny army.

Logan Grimnar
He is here to make my wolf guard quite hard due to his The High King rule and iit also makes alot of sense for him to go with Arjac in the Wolf Guard squad as it is quite fluffy.

Rune Priest
Master of Runes
A bread and butter Rune Priest to tie up the enemy with his phychic powers and also give a little combat edge to the grey hunter squad.

Elites

Lone Wolf
Terminator Armour
Thunder Hammer
Storm Shield

Lone Wolf
Terminator Armour
Two Wolf Claws

Lone Wolf
Terminator Armour

I like Lone Wolves due to there rules and fluff, So these guys are going to be at the head of my army taking flak but causing havok withing there lines.

Troop

Wolf Guard Squad

Arjac Rockfist

Brother Bjorn
Terminator Armour
Two Wolf Claws

Brother Fredric
Terminator Armour
Thunder Hammer

Brother Aldo
Terminator Armour
Wolf Claw

Drop Pod
Deathwind Launcher

This is my hammer of my army as Logan will join them in the drop pod to go into the enemies front line to make a shock blow and let the rest of my army advance without them getting hassled by fire power.

10 Grey Hunters
Melta Gun
Wolf Standard
Mark of the Wolfen

Rhino
Hunter Killer Missile

These guys are for my objective taking and dealing with threats.

10 Blood Claws
Flamer
Lukas the Trickster

Before anyone goes on about Lukas I find he adds even more punch to the unit and he also panic my opponet on who to shot at when myrmy is advancing

Heavy Support

4 Long Fangs and 1 Squad Leader
Two Heavy Bolters
Two Plasma Cannons

These are my fire base to deal with GEQ's and TEQ's when the start to appear.

If you want a sig like this give, Hadhfang a PM http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn162/Ushar1/Orkwarrior-1.jpg[/img]
OrkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2009, 19:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: 1500pt SW.

I agree with you on lone wolves and they are awesome units depending on how you use them, mine usually dies to rapid fire crisis suit plasma : /

You can say you love lucas but why not take a bare bones wolf priest, give your blood claws some CCW punch by giving them either a fist/power weapon and/or mark of the wulfen. You could also get another blood claw in just to have more models.

That changed unit would probably cause more havoc then just lucas would and would definetly make the shooting choices that much harder.

I would drop the standard from the grey hunters and give one of your termies a storm shield as well.

Your rune priest is with your grey hunters in a rhino? How? Also why not give them the second special weapon... it is free after all and you still keep your bp/ccw on that model.

I don't know what psychic powers you are taking on your rune priest but I would recommend dropping master of runes and taking a chooser of the slain on him. Again freeing up more points.
space wolf bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2009, 19:47   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yikes! I know you're going for fluff value, but three named Characters? Thats a huge point sink and I'm sure that those points could be put to better use else where.
Warsmith Tyranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jan 2010, 11:08   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

In some games I have been playing in my LGS with Tims list he made with 13 models in the army, Arjac and Logan have taken out alot of things together as Arjac can re-roll hits on a Independant character, and with Logans High King rule giving him Preffered enemy he becomes a beast in close combat.

I don't mind the points sink in the characters because I think they are worth it when they start to get into combat and as a target distraction for my other units.

If you want a sig like this give, Hadhfang a PM http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn162/Ushar1/Orkwarrior-1.jpg[/img]
OrkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2010, 02:40   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I'm with big Wolf Eider, you have too many characters in the list. You have 34 bodies in your 1.5K list. Login is 18% of your list. For Tourneys you really need a more flexible army. This army is set up to tear up another Marine army which is fine, but what about all the Mech and shooty armies out there. Mech Eldar, Tau, and even IG will be hard to beat with so few bodies.

You need troops to take objective and with only 2 scoring units it going to be tough for you. The other problem is your BCs are walking. You will have problems with Seize Ground and Capture and Control.

WT
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Wolf-Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2010, 02:58   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Off the top of my head, named characters in your Army take up 585 points, more then a third of your army. If you ask anyone if this is an effective way to spend points, they will answer no. No single three models that cost 585 points in a 1500 point list are worth it. Sorry, theres no way around it.
Warsmith Tyranus is offline   Reply With Quote