Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

URGENT 500pts Tourney List
Old 22 Dec 2009, 11:51   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default URGENT 500pts Tourney List

I need help with this 500pt tournament that I am doing TOMORROW! I only got the rules this morning and thought help would be the best way to succeed for Russ and all of my fellow Wolf Bothers. I must have a HQ and a TROOP, but cannot have any 2+ saves, vehicle armour value over 33 and no Special characters.

Here's the part of my list I have been able to do

HQ

Rune Priest - Chooser of the Slain, Physic Powers - ?
- ?

ELITES

TROOPS

Grey Hunter Pack (9) - Power Fist
Rhino

FAST ATK

HEAVY SUPPORT

Long Fang Pack (3) - Pack leader, Missile Launchers (x2)

370 TOTAL

Can you help me with the rest of this army please, as I am completely stumped!

Thanks in Advance.
Commander Fireblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Dec 2009, 12:20   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to crazyguy832
Default Re: URGENT 500pts Tourney List

Try 2 thunderwolf cavalry, one with a thunder hammer.

Do It! ;D
5th edition stats (W/D/L)
Deathwing: 14/6/3
Tau: 5/0/3
Blood Angels (NEW): 10/1/3
Blood Angels (OLD): 27/5/10
Eldar: 10/0/1
Death Guard: 1/0/0
crazyguy832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Dec 2009, 13:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Take murderous hurricane and living lightning on your rune priest. Use murderous hurricane to slow down anything you don't want getting to you or kill transports/units with living lightning. Remember to place that chooser of the slain high up some where so you can get that +1 bs anywhere.

Give your greyhunters a plasma gun.

I would take a unit of scouts. 5 scouts with a melta gun and a power weapon/mark of the wulfen comes to 100 points.

with those changes you have 20 points left and I don't have the codex on me I am pretty sure you can take a lone wolf for that points cost. If not you can not get the plasma gun and take the lone wolf instead. He may only be one model but he is a pretty damn tough model and is perfect for KP games.
space wolf bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Dec 2009, 14:39   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks for all the help, now could you please help me perfect this list

HQ - 115

Rune Priest - Chooser of the Slain, Wolf Tail talisman, Physic Powers - Murderous Hurricane
- Living Lightning

ELITES - 105 - 45

Wolf Scout Pack (5) - Mark of the Wulfen, Plasma Gun

Lone Wolf - Power Fist

TROOPS

Grey Hunter Pack (8) - Power Weapon
Rhino

HEAVY SUPPORT

Long Fang Pack (3) - Pack leader, Missile Launchers (x2)

500 TOTAL

Thanks in Advance.

How I want to play this list is, the Grey Hunters in the Rhino, With the Lone Wolf and Rune Priest following, to support it.
While the Long Fangs cover them with fire from the back line. And the Wolf Scouts Outflank, behind the enemy.
Commander Fireblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Dec 2009, 15:23   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Couldn't the Rune priest just join the Grey Hunters? There's room in there, and he can cast out the top hatch. Then you can have the lone wolf following (I use this tactic with more rhinos and Assault Marines) while the long fangs cover and the Scouts take out problem units.

I'm iffy on the Plasmagun for the scouts, a meltagun would take out problem tanks easier and you could assault them afterword. That would give you five points to spend. I'm not familiar with the Wolf Codex, but one of the setups I've seen for Lone Wolves is a Storm Shield and Mark of the Wulfen. 3+ invuln and Rending attacks. The downside is that this makes him survivable, which is counteractive to what a lone wolf is supposed to do. I do'nt know where you'd spend the five points from changing to a meltagun, as I remember a wolf tooth necklace being pretty expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Dec 2009, 19:25   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

A plasma gun should be fine at this point cost due to the armour limit being imposed. Though a melta gun would be better as you can then charge with the scouts and trying to get a rending kill (they killed a hammer head in my last game with them when the melta gun missed)

You definitely want to have the rune priest with the grey hunters other wise he is way to easy a target. That and he can just stay in the rhino and zap things from there in relative safety.

A free flamer on the Grey Hunters really doesn't hurt anything. The guy will still have his pistol to shoot with so at most you lose 1 shot at long or short range and gain the flame template.
space wolf bob is offline   Reply With Quote