Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1000pts SM fun list (Fluffy)
Old 21 Dec 2009, 15:13   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default 1000pts SM fun list (Fluffy)

Hey all. this is my list so far, i can string together 1500 pts just, but this list is fluffy and i hope will be fun to use. As usual Comments and Critisms are welcome

HQ
Epistolary Librarian 'Isaac' - Terminator Armour, Storm Shield. 190

Troops
Tactical squad 'Hunter' - 5 Extra men, Plasma Gun, Missile Launcher, Power weapon. 205

Tactical squad 'Retribution' - 5 Extra men, Plasma Gun, Missile Launcher, Power weapon. 205

Elites
Terminator Combat Squad 'The Immortals' - 5 Extra men, All with thunder hammer and Storm Shield. 400

Body Count : 31

Old 21 Dec 2009, 15:51   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: 1000pts SM fun list (Fluffy)

Well if anything at least its very straightforeward. That's an awful lot of Terminators trudging around. I have to tell you, if I was playing against this I would just try to avoid the big hammer guys as best as possible while picking on your tactical squads. Given that you are all footslogging, it's not very hard to keep a distance from the big brutes if that's really all you're opponent is worried about. You don't have the numbers to herd an opponent towards them, and they are too slow and expensive to spend the whole game chasing after something to charge.

I guess what I'm thinking is that the 10 thunderhammer terminators are huge overkill. If that's what you were going for then go for it and good luck. I think you'll find that anyone with any mobility will just be trying their best to stay out of charge range of them, leaving half your army (pointswise) trudging around frustrated. I'm sure they will pound the hell out of ANYTHING they actually get to charge, but its getting in that position that will be a problem.

Now if you could drop a couple to put them in a Land Raider (the 16 marine/8 termie kind), that's a different story. That way you can corner people and drop out and assault, plus your 'transport' (funny thing to think of a landraider as just a transport) is very hard to kill, so they can mount back up and do it again.
Guitardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Dec 2009, 17:20   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Actually i was planning on using my libby with the termies. then he can jump them around with gate of infinity... Solve the mobility question?
Old 21 Dec 2009, 18:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Except they can't charge when they deep strike as far as I know of, and you have to worry about scatter, enemy psykers nullifying it, and warp accidents. That's not exactly the most reliable form of transportation. Like I said though, good luck with that. I don't think anything exists that won't be crushed by 10 thunderhammers hitting them at once, if you do actually get them a charge on anything it would be a sight to behold.
Guitardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Dec 2009, 09:30   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I played 2 games yesterday. Both massive wins. The first was a small planetstrike game, i was the defender against space wolves. I wiped out his army, only losing 2 terminators and 3 space marines.

In the other game, i also wiped out his army, but he focussed on my terminators (As you would expect) and by the end of the game i only had 1 left with the librarian. But i had killed: 1 Landraider (essentially, it was useless), tigurius, 1 devestator squad, 1 tactical squad, 1 scout squad with telion. All in all it was a very good day, and a very fun list to use.

I think people tend to underestimate the survivability of TH&SS termies... despite being satinfront of the enemy for a turn or two, they handed out the woopass. I think the worst loss i had was three termies from a single frag missile!