Shas'La

Default [2000]White Scars[Opinons?]

HQ
Kahn [205] [Moondrakken]

Elite
Ironclad [145] [Replace storm bolter with heavy flamer]
Ironclad [145] [Replace storm bolter with heavy flamer]

Troops

Space Marine Bike squad [235] [Power fist, 5 Bikes, 2 Melta guns, 1 attack bike with multi melta]
Space Marine Bike squad [235] [Power fist, 5 Bikes, 2 Melta guns, 1 attack bike with multi melta]

Space Marine Squad [180] [Power weapon, Razorback with Twinlinked assault cannon]
Space Marine Squad [180] [Power weapon, Razorback with Twinlinked assault cannon]

Fast attack

Land Speeder storm [85] [assault cannon]

Total: 1995

Yes those are open topped landspeeders but I couldn't find the points for the regular land speeders.
SunTzusProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Dec 2009, 15:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: [2000]White Scars[Opinons?]

I thought Ass Can spam went out of stye a while ago.

A storm and a Regular speeder are the same base price, but the speeder has to take an assault cannon as a tornado pattern Landspeeder. An assault cannon on a Landspeeder is more expensive than one on a storm, as the Landspeeder has a Higher Ballistics Skill.

As for the list, It's fast, but if you get real Speeders you're going to have to drop 15 points somewhere. I'm not sure what the footslogging ironclads plan on doing besides running alongside the Razorbacks. You could outflank a good number of units, but that would leave you Ironclads and Speeders all alone. Assault cannon Razorbacks are really expensive in my veiw, and only slightly better than the stock Heavy Bolters, but if they're integral to the plan then they'll have to stay.

it's a good Hammery plan with a lot of armour, The things I see causing problems for it is Vindicators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Dec 2009, 18:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: [2000]White Scars[Opinons?]

Yeah I'm not familiar with marines and miss read chapter tactics, I thought they Ironclads could outflank because of khan. As it stands i'm either going to increase all my Storms to basic Landspeeder with Assault cannons for the increased BS and drop one Ironclad and put the other one in a drop pod, or drop both all together and just spam BS 4 assault cannons on landspeeders.

and assault cannons are never really... integral... but I'm a gatling fanboy.

Something more like this:

Kahn [205] [Moondrakken]

Elite

Ironclad [170] [Drop Pod]

Troops

Space Marine Bike squad [210] [5 Bikes, 2 Melta guns, 1 attack bike with multi melta]

Space Marine Squad [165] [Razorback with Twinlinked assault cannon]
Space Marine Squad [165] [Razorback with Twinlinked assault cannon]

Fast attack

3 Land Speeders [270] [Assault Cannon]

Total: 1995
SunTzusProphet is offline   Reply With Quote