Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My Wolves 1000pts
Old 09 Dec 2009, 15:15   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default My Wolves 1000pts

I'm currently toying with different lists that I am able to create with what I've got, this one however, is sort of based from hoping Santa brings what I want!!!

Okay Here goes:

HQ - 128

Rune Priest - Storm Caller, Living Lightening, Chooser of the Slain, Saga of the Beast Slayer, Storm Bolter, Meltabombs

ELITES - 160 - 90

Dreadnought - multi-melta, heavy flamer, Wolf tooth necklace
Transport - Drop Pod

Wolf Scouts (5) - Sniper Rifles (x5)

TROOPS - 225 - 225

Grey Hunter Pack (10) - Plasma Gun (x2), Power weapon, MotW
Transport - Rhino

Transport - Rhino

FAST ATTACK - 56

Fenrisian Wolves (7)

HEAVY SUPPORT

Long Fang Pack (5) - Missile Launchers (x4)

TOTAL 999pts

Please help me get this perfect ;D
Commander Fireblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2009, 08:04   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: My Wolves 1000pts

Is anyone going to help my list. Or does no one care?
Commander Fireblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2009, 18:14   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I would get rid of storm caller and add JoTWW (Jaws of the world wolf) and maybe drop the rhinos for drop pods so you can get straight in and assault. It would be more help if you explained how you were going to use this list.
Old 12 Dec 2009, 22:41   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Here are my thoughts on your list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Fireblade
HQ - 128

Rune Priest - Storm Caller, Living Lightening, Chooser of the Slain, Saga of the Beast Slayer, Storm Bolter, Meltabombs
Depending on what you fight a lot, you may want to consider Tempest's Wrath or Murderous Hurricane instead of Storm Caller. Cover is readily available anyway.

Quote:
ELITES - 160 - 90

Dreadnought - multi-melta, heavy flamer, Wolf tooth necklace
Transport - Drop Pod
This will probably die pretty quickly by itself, but you might make the points back if you can place it in range of a tank on turn 1. Consider Plasma Cannon/TL Autocannon + Missile Launcher and lose the pod as an alternative.

Quote:
Wolf Scouts (5) - Sniper Rifles (x5)
Why? Sniper rifles are a waste on Wolf Scouts, imo, unless you don't operate behind enemy lines.

Quote:
TROOPS - 225 - 225

Transport - Rhino

Transport - Rhino
In 5th, I doubt 2 Troops will cut it, since you can't combat squad them. You have some things that you can afford to lose; get more Grey Hunters.

Rhinos? Why? You don't need them. You have a Rune Priest to make sure that you are on the objectives first. (Murderous Hurricane/Tempest's Wrath)

Quote:
FAST ATTACK - 56

Fenrisian Wolves (7)
Your points would be better spent on Grey Hunters. Anything else would be better, actually.

Quote:
HEAVY SUPPORT

Long Fang Pack (5) - Missile Launchers (x4)
Solid. I intend to use the same configuration.
"Brothers in battle and blood, In oath and honor, In life and death, In faith and in truth. Brothers in the sight of the Emperor. So be it ever, as He-on-Terra wills. Amen." - Prayer of Initiation, Knights Revenant attr. Captain Lucius Faust, 597.M41

"'Death before dishonor.' This is our creed, our way of life and death. Bolstered by the faith of the immortal God-Emperor, we may go into battle without fear for self. We know that whatever sacrifice is made in the name of He-on-Terra is not made in vain. Our honor rests in our service to Him, and we could ask no greater reward than to rest at His side, having given our utmost in His name." -Captain Anborn Tohr, after the Siege of Hydrax III

viorlashasui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2009, 23:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Take murderous hurricane and living lightning. Two most useful abilities you can get IMHO.

I don't know what you face most often but snipe scouts would be a waste compared to just bp/ccw with a melta gun. That squad doing behind enemy lines will more then make up for their point costs.

The dread would be better off as just a unit of grey hunters. You can take 10 greyhunters with 2 plasma guns/2 meltas for the same or less. That and they won't die the first turn when your enemy blasts the crap out of the single dread.

Use the 10 man cheap grey hunter squad to hold your objective or just march up the field and have your 2 rhino squads pushing up with the wolves.
space wolf bob is offline   Reply With Quote