Warhammer 40K Forum

Very competitive 1850 wolf list feed back needed
Old 29 Nov 2009, 03:48   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Very competitive 1850 wolf list feed back needed

1850 Pts - Space Wolves Roster

HQ: Njal Stormcaller, Lord of Tempests x1
Canis Wolfborn @HQ: Wolf Lord x1
Wolf Lord in Power Armour Thunderwolf Mount; Storm Shield x1; Thunder Hammer x1; Saga of the Bear)
Rune Priestx1 in Terminator Armour Terminator Armour; Runic Weapon x1 Living Lightning; Murderous Hurricane

Troops: Grey Hunters Pack x10 drop pod melta gunx2

Troops: Grey Hunters Pack x10 drop pod flamer x2

Fast Attack: Thunderwolf Cavalry x5 all different equipment

Heavy Support: Long Fangs Pack x5 4 missle launchers

Heavy Support: Long Fangs Pack x5 4 missle launchers
Troops: Fenrisian Wolf Pack x10

Validation Report:
c-1. File Version: 1.05c For Bug Reports/www.ab40k.org; b-1. Roster Options: Special Characters; a-1. Scenario: Normal Mission; 1. Chapter: Space Wolves
Roster satisfies all enforced validation rules

Total Roster Cost: 1845

Created with Army Builder - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com

ok with all the thunderwolves they have different equipment for wound allocation so nob bikers on steroids for them. Now for the Gray hunters I could unfortantly only fit 2 squads in with the rest of the points being taken up by long fangs and thunder wolves. However there still good, with 2 pods i can keep one in reserve for later contesting on objectives. A I think he rest of the list is really solid, a wolf lord or canis will have 10 addtion wolves when he is put into that group of fensian wolves and the other one can ride with the thunder calvary. To deal with vechicals i have the split fire long fang gun line and the 2 strenght 2 thunder hammers. also I have the gray hunter squad with 2 melta guns, also najil is very nasty to vechicals with that one ability he has. Over all I think this list can deal with all comers any feed back wuld be much appericated
Old 30 Nov 2009, 22:20   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: Very competitive 1850 wolf list feed back needed

to be competitive you need more troops.

Scoring is king in 2/3 missions.
Old 30 Nov 2009, 22:53   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

after taking a look at everything I have noticed a couple thing I do not think it's worth running 1 large group of thunder wolves. i think if you run 3 seperate giving them storm shield thunder hammer, they will be a larger threat. The otherthing is, I would drop njal for just a regular rune priest. With all this I believe i could add another squad of grey hunters with 2 meltas and a drop pod, which would make this list alot better i think
Old 01 Dec 2009, 01:56   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I don't any experience with the Thunderwolf Cavalry, I don't have any model to represent them properly. So I can't say what will work but you are very Top Heavy with HQs.

You need to have a plan, so it looks like you want to kill them with Cavalry. So, drop Njal and the Rune priest. Anyways how were you going to deploy them anyways.

Add one more Drop Pod of Grey Hunters and a Drop Pod with a plain Dred. Now you have 4 Drop Pods to hit them with. If you have any extra points left give your Wolf Lord a wolf or two. Do the same with Canis. If you need some extra points make one or two Longs Heavy Bolters. Up to you, I love the heavy bolter, even marines start missing saves against them.

That is how I would play that list.
WT
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Wolf-Tau is offline   Reply With Quote