Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

2000 points Tournament List, hindsight time.
Old 08 Nov 2009, 21:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default 2000 points Tournament List, hindsight time.

Howdy. As you might've guessed from the Thread title, this is a hindsight review of a Crimson Fists list I used in a tournament yesterday. I posted the list at B&C (sorry guys), but it's down right now, so I'm asking you guys to review it.

Anyway, here it is.

HQ

Pedro Kantor- 175.

It's Crimson Fists, there he is.

ELITES

Sternguard Squad Castillo (5) -165
-Powerfist, Combi-Melta
-Combi-Melta (x2)
--Drop Pod

You can guess what these guys do.

Sternguard Squad Perdido (5) -125
--Razorback
-TLLC
-Extra Armour

These guys go with Pedro. They move alongside the armored column and pop out when an assault happens to shoot things up and grant the attack bubble.

Dreadnought Arcero -130pts
-Plasmacannon
-Extra Armour

He's basically the bodyguard for the column, a big scary thing to be avoided or shot. He never actually got into combat, which means his job of being scary worked.

TROOPS

Tactical Squad Dolor (10) -200
-Powerfist, Combi-Flamer
-Flamer
-Multi-Melta
--Rhino
-Extra Armour

Tactical Squad Novato (10) -200
-Powerfist, Combi-Flamer
-Flamer
-Multi-Melta
--Rhino
-Extra Armour

These two formed the bulk of the column. I was persuaded to try Multi-Meltas instead of my usual Missile Launchers for this tournament, but quickly found that if anything got within 12" of one of these squads I simply ran up to it and punched it rather than risk missing with the Melta. I'll be sticking to my Missile Launchers, there were times where they would've been much more useful.

Tactical Squad Fuego (10) -200
-Powerweapon
-Plasmagun
-Plasmacannon
--Rhino
-Extra Armour

This squad is meant to hold objectives, which it does very well. Even in Kill points (which were 2/3 of the tournament games), they did fairly well in killing things.

FAST ATTACK

Assault Squad Furia (10) -215
-Powerfist

This squad moves up behind the column and jumps out when a problem arises. They're downright nasty on a charge when Pedro is nearby.

HEAVY SUPPORT

Devastator Squad Lancero (10) -230
-Missile Luncher(x4)

They were a mixed bag. Offensively, there were mediocre. However, not once did they give up a kill point the entire tournament. I cannot stress enough how much I endorse Devastators as a durable Heavy Support choice, their staying power is very impressive when coupled with stubborn.

Whirlwind "Rynn's Rain" -85

I used to use a Heavy Bolter Dev squad, but I love this thing. It has more range, flexibility, and maneuverability than a Dev squad, and is much cheaper. It doesn't stick around long, but that's what indirect is for. They can't replace Lancero though.

2000 points on the dot.

The first game was against the new space wolves, my first ever encounter with them. He brought drop pods. The mission was Kill points with straight 12" deployment. His fist turn was devastating; Logan Gimmar dropped down with a squad of long fangs (Missiles and Multi-Meltas)that he gave Relentless, and a dread with a Multi-Melta. Two Rhinos and the Dread were destroyed, and Fuego took six casualties (Grimmar took a wound when a rhino exploded, serves him right). Sadly for him, he'd dropped right in front of about thirty-five marines with Pedro Nearby. The Long Fangs (and the Wolf Guard leader with them) died in the shooting phase, and Grimmar died in assault after taking out Fuego.

I ended up winning by one kill point, Drop Pods are terrible in Kill points missions and he discounted mine after destroying its Bolter. Lancero was grabbed by a drop podding squad of hunters, but didn't dies even through four rounds of combat.

Second round was against guard, and a friend of mine. He told me the tournament was "the last Friggin' Hurrah" for his stormtroopers. He had a Mechanized list; I actually outnumbered him. Kill points, Spearhead. He got too close, and I won by Nine kill points.

The last round was against a good friend of mine's Traitor Guard, and we rolled C&C and Dawn of War. Is it just me, or does nobody like dawn of war? Anyway, I lost his one. He had a pair of Manticores, what can be said. He hid them in a corner surrounded by Chimeras and they killed everything, I only had Fuego (who was next to three outflanking squads with Al'raheim), three members of Dolor (pinned), five members of Novato (next to Chimeras and Manticores, were dead men next turn), Lancero (also pinned), and Pedro. He had both his manticores, Chimera with comand squad, Al'rahiems platoon(mechanized), and a Chimera with a squad inside. His manticores had one more shot each, but when I only have three scoring units I could guess where they were going.

We called it there and I went to a friend's to watch MST3K.

Anyway, I'm wondering if there are any glaring flaws in this list. Also, how to counter Manticores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote