Old 06 Nov 2009, 00:39   #1 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Because Wargamer insisted...

...that I make a more balanced and fun Space Wolves Army List >

HQ
Wolf Lord (300 Points)
Wolf Lord equipped with Runic Armor, 2 Wolf Claws, Frag and Krak Grenades, Thunderwolf Mount, Wolftooth Necklace, Wolf Tail Talisman, 2 Fenrisian Wolves and Belt of Russ as well as Saga of the Bear.

Elites
Venerable Dreadnought (205 Points)
Venerable Dreadnought equipped with Multi-Melta, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon (with built-in Heavy Flamer), Smoke Launchers, Searchlight, Extra Armor, Wolftooth Necklace and Wolf Tail Talisman
Dedicated Transport: Drop Pod (35 Points)
Drop Pod equipped with Storm Bolter

Troops
Grey Hunters Pack (208 Points)
1 Wolf Guard equipped with Power Armor, Power Fist, Combi-Melta, Frag and Krak Grenades
1 Grey Hunter equipped with Power Armor, Power Fist, Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Frag and Krak Grenades
6 Grey Hunter equipped with Power Armor, Close Combat Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Frag and Krak Grenades
2 Grey Hunter equipped with Power Armor, Close Combat Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Meltagun, Frag and Krak Grenades

Grey Hunters Pack (208 Points)
1 Wolf Guard equipped with Power Armor, Power Fist, Combi-Melta, Frag and Krak Grenades
1 Grey Hunter equipped with Power Armor, Power Fist, Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Frag and Krak Grenades
6 Grey Hunter equipped with Power Armor, Close Combat Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Frag and Krak Grenades
2 Grey Hunter equipped with Power Armor, Close Combat Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Meltagun, Frag and Krak Grenades

Fast Attack
Thunderwolf Cavalry (425 Points)
1 Thunderwolf Cavalry equipped with Power Armor, Power Fist, Storm Shield, Frag and Krak Grenades
4 Thunderwolf Cavalry equipped with Power Armor, Close Combat Weapon, Storm Shield, Frag and Krak Grenades

Heavy Support
Long Fangs (298 Points)
1 Wolf Guard equipped with Power Armor, Power Fist, Bolt Pistol, Frag and Krak Grenades
1 Squad Leader equipped with Power Armor, Power Fist, Bolt Pistol, Frag and Krak Grenades
3 Long Fangs equipped with Power Armor, Close Combat Weapon, Plasma Cannon, Frag and Krak Grenades
3 Long Fangs equipped with Power Armor, Close Combat Weapon, Lascannon, Frag and Krak Grenades
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2009, 10:10   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Because Wargamer insisted...

1. You need 10 Grey hunters in a squad to take 2 special weapons, you only have 9!

2. You can only have 6 long fangs in a pack (1 leader + 5 heavy weapons), you have 7!
Sardis Varrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2009, 10:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardis Varrn
1. You need 10 Grey hunters in a squad to take 2 special weapons, you only have 9!
That's still under debate in places such as here. My opinion is that a Wolf Guard Pack Leader counts towards the total, as seen in the aforementioned thread.

Quote:
2. You can only have 6 long fangs in a pack (1 leader + 5 heavy weapons), you have 7!
He's right here, though, Zenny. You'll need to change that.
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2009, 11:10   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The wolf lord is too expensive...why you don't choose Canis...or Logan...
Svindler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2009, 11:51   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I donno if this is juts me, but I find that long fangs are pretty terrible. In any game that you play, your opponent can focus fire into them and wipe them out pretty easily. I have played against wolves a couple of times, both games I killed off the long fangs by the second turn. This is entirely due to the fact that they are small squads. This is especially true, if you take only one unit that does the same sort of job. They are a high priority and will be killed, unless you have some way of splitting up your heavy weapons and thus force your opponent to split fire. One of the guys I play agaisnt uses a Long fangs squad, and a Predator to help keep his lascannons alive in two units.

Rest of the list is solid, nice to see powerfists in the grey knight squads. Mark of the Wulfin is compleate garbage.
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2009, 19:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Why not take sage of the warrior born instead of saga of the bear? Not much will be able to instant kill your wolf lord as it stands.
space wolf bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2009, 10:30   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to major_rawne02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Thespian
Quote:
That's still under debate in places such as here. My opinion is that a Wolf Guard Pack Leader counts towards the total, as seen in the aforementioned thread.
No, the wolf guard do not count to one of the squad. The special weapon is chosen when building your army. The wolf guard rules specifically state that you allocate them to squads before the battle. Thus he does not count for the 10 man requirement for getting a second special weapon.
major_rawne02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2009, 11:30   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik_torgeddon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Thespian
Quote:
No, the wolf guard do not count to one of the squad. The special weapon is chosen when building your army. The wolf guard rules specifically state that you allocate them to squads before the battle. Thus he does not count for the 10 man requirement for getting a second special weapon.
Go to the thread itself and discuss it there rather than here. Besides, when you write your army list it's before the battle, isn't it?
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2009, 11:44   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to major_rawne02

No, army selection is a seperate act. 'Before the battle' refers to the period before rolling for scenario/sides/objectives, etc. If it were to be done in selecting your army it would state 'when selecting your army', it is meant to stop you dropping two special weapons and a wolf guard right on top of the enemy.

I'm already making these points in the other thread, I felt it worth reiterating here since this is where he has posted his list.
major_rawne02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2009, 21:22   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I really like that list, I may even copy it, if you don't mind. My only comment is the 3 plasma Cannos? How about 1 or 2 heavy bolters?

WG with the Long Fangs, give him Terminator Armour so he can absorb more firepower. Did you consider any Mark of the Wulfen in the regular Grey Hunter units?

Other than that I really like it.
WT
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Wolf-Tau is offline   Reply With Quote