Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New Blood Angels List
Old 03 Nov 2009, 03:34   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to alakard2020
Default New Blood Angels List

Well after a disasterous showing of my blood angels at the last local tournament, I've decided to give crazyguy's advice a shot and here is the list I came up with:

Dante: 200

Corbulo: 100

Honour Guard: 240
-2 Power Weapons
-Champion
-Chapter Banner
-Meltagun
-Jump Packs

Assault Squad 1: 275
-Sergeant w/ Power Fist
-10 Marines

Assault Squad 2: 275
-Sergeant w/ Power Fist
-10 Marines

Assault Squad 3: 275
-Sergeant w/ Power Fist
-10 Marines

Vet Assault Squad: 200
-Power Weapon
-Power Fist
-Meltagun
-Rhino

Death Company: 60
-7 Death Company

Baal Predator: 125
-Assault Cannon
-Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Land Raider Crusader: 250

Total: 2000pts

Any ideas on how to make the list better?
alakard2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2009, 04:24   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: New Blood Angels List

I don't really see the point of the Land Raider, unless you want Corbulo to hang out with the Death Company inside. Maybe find the points to give special weapons to the Assault Squads, and maybe get more. Your army seems a bit small for 2000 points.
Domitian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2009, 04:27   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'd try and get a few more melta guns in there. That being said its an interesting list. I'd probably try and drop the 2 tanks and try and get more men, maybe a dread or 2. Give the Death company jump packs to keep up with the rest of the army.
limpchickeninabizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2009, 05:35   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to crazyguy832

49 marines at 2000 is a little light. 60 would probably survive a little better, but given the survivability of the LRC and how big of a fire magnet it is, you can probably make the list can work. That with the death company roaring up the field and corbs gaining a "12 inch" bubble around the raider means you can have decent control of the field.

Baal preds are always fun.

Keep your RAS safe, they're your main infantry killers. Your death company are going to target elites, generally, the vet squad and honour guard tanks first then elites. Dante can pretty much just point at something and go "that dies" every turn (he'll finish off a 10-man tac squad by himself in your opponent's turn, ka-ching!). I'd definitely try to get a second meltagun in the vet assault squad, though. I still don't like honour guard in general, so I'd probably downgrade them to another vet squad in order to get the points, but that's a personal preference thing.

That said, you have 2 jump pack meltas, a rhino melta, and a land raider multi-melta. Given how close you'll be anyways you can manage against high-AV targets, if just barely (at least we get to ignore Monoliths, given how a single RAS can trounce 20-30 warriors easily when boosted). Still, I run 5 jump pack meltaguns at 1500 and I still feel stretched against certain armies. Be forewarned. (that said, my bolt pistols have a horrible habit of doing stupidly amazing things like killing hive tyrants and blowing up AV10 every single time I shoot at them... mathhammer be damned ;D)

RFury, BA assault squads can't get special weapons. The LRC makes a huge "no you can't shoot through me" screen as well as giving corbs' furious charge bubble a ridiculous size.

Shakey... if you do that you're just running a jump pack assault list, which is very hit and miss. Fun as heck to run, I love mine, but it can struggle against certain lists. Having the raider means a lot of things, namely hiding entire squads (yay for running raiders sideways towards the enemy!).

P.S. Always remember to use that 12" move! While we can charge headfirst into "close combat" armies like orks and massacre them (lol Orks) we do better attacking flanks and using our mobility to isolate slower enemies.

P.S.S. Never whiff against a redeemer.

Do It! ;D
5th edition stats (W/D/L)
Deathwing: 14/6/3
Tau: 5/0/3
Blood Angels (NEW): 10/1/3
Blood Angels (OLD): 27/5/10
Eldar: 10/0/1
Death Guard: 1/0/0
crazyguy832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2009, 05:42   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I like running the honour guard with dante cuz it boosts his attack and each one of them (minus the guy w/ the meltagun) get 5 attacks each on the charge.
Old 03 Nov 2009, 05:43   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by alakard2020
I like running the honour guard with dante cuz it boosts his attack and each one of them (minus the guy w/ the meltagun) get 5 attacks each on the charge.
Natch.

;D

Like I said, personal choice.

Mind writing up a couple battle reports on how the last tourney went? Nothing fancy, maybe just a paragraph or so saying how the games went in general.

Do It! ;D
Old 03 Nov 2009, 06:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Last tourny I ran the following list: (btw, it will never see the light of day again)

Dante- 200

Chaplain- 105
-Melta Bombs

Assault Squad 1- 290
-Sergeant w/ Power Fist
-Plasma Pistol
-10 Men

Assault Squad 2- 275
-Sergeant w/ Power Fist
-10 Men

Assault Squad 1- 165
-Sergeant w/ Power Fist
-5 Men
-Rhino

Honour Guard- 205
-2 Power Weapons
-Chapter Banner
-Jump Packs

Terminator Squad- 200
-4 Lightning Claws
-1 Thunderhammer

Death Company- 60
-7 Marines

Land Raider- 250

Land Raider Crusader- 250

Total: 2000pts

The list really lacked in numbers, but I thought that I could make up for it with all the over powered units (boy, was I wrong)

1st Match: vs Ultramarines
Mission: Kill Points
Deployment: Spearhead

I lost the mission 9-6. Dante and his honour guard were horribly massacred by Calgar and his terminator squad. The termies gunned down the honour guard, then Dante whiffed against Calgar, and then Calgar punched Dante's lights out. As for the two ten man assault squads, they were burnt to a crisp by his Land Raider Redeemer. And the Death Company took out Calgar's Terminator squad, but the game ended at turn 5 and they didnt get chance to really attack Calgar.

2nd Match: vs Space Wolves
Mission: Capture & Control
Deployment: Dawn of War

I lost this battle 1-0. I also got tabled during the match (mainly due to bad planning & tactic, also going against our store's top player didnt help much either) I rushed up my two 10 man assault squads, but they got chewed up by mass grey hunter and blood claw fire. My Land Raider was blown up turn 2 by a wolf scout w/ meltagun, and the Crusader was immobilzed turn 2 by his long fangs. Dante and the honour guard were then taken out by a wolf psyker, ragnar, and a ton a space wolves. the termies were shot up by his crusader. and the death company were gunned down by both of his long fang squads.

3rd Match: vs Ultramarines
Mission: Sieze Ground
Deployment: Pitched

I won this battle 3 objectives to 1. It didnt matter tho, the win didnt count because it was a bi. And the guy running the tournament offered to play me with his Cato list. I basically just rushed all my guys up behind the raiders and chopped my way threw his army.

Also, another thing that lead to the downfall was junk dice rolling. I couldnt make any armour saves, especially for terminators (new dice have already been ordered)
Old 03 Nov 2009, 15:57   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Haha, I know what's it like when you have one of those games where your dice go "no, no you don't."

Unfortunately, BT do the LC termies far better (vow + FC), so that's something I've never really bothered trying to emulate. Can be a very fun unit, though.

Ugh, Calgar. I can't honestly say I've ever had to face the guy, but I would say that I wouldn't trust anything less than my entire death company on the charge to kill him, same with Lysander (who I have fought and have the horrendous habit of taking off 3 of his 4 wounds every single game).

If your honour guard hadn't been shot up they probably would have been able to mulch through his shooty termies due to their power weapons.

Capture and Control is a stupid mission. The only way I consistently win is by keeping control of one objective and merely contesting the other (land raiders and OCE anything is great for this). That or wiping my opponent off the field, lol. Sounds like you also learned the biggest weakness of jump pack troops: they pretty much can always be shot at.

Hopefully you'll make a better showing with the new list. Get some practice in and get used to using Corbs, you should see a marked improvement in your ability to punch face.

(although I will admit that Mephisto is still our best "punch face" character; I still don't like him due to the fact that he doesn't help the rest of the army out much)

Do It! ;D
Old 03 Nov 2009, 16:41   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yeah, I dont use Mephiston either, it bugs me that he doesnt get an invulnerable save and I wish he had a few more powers to choose from (hopefully he'll get more in the new codex). Plus, 225 points is a big sink.

I was hoping to run the termies with Dante so the LC's could reroll hits and wounds, but they never got the chance.

I'm just trying to come up with a plan to keep my troops alive long enough to get them into combat, becuase you can only hide so many guys behind a land raider, even if its sideways