Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler
Default Blood Angels 2000 Points

[size=14pt]Army Name: Blood Angels, 2000 Points[/size]

[hr]
[hr]

[HQ]

HQ 1: Dante, 200 points

HQ 2: Corbulo, 100 points

Honor Guard: 5 Veteran Marines with Jump Packs, 2 with power weapons, 1 with meltagun, 1 Tech Adept, 1 with company standard; 330 points

[hr]

[ELITES]

Elite 1: Furioso Dreadnought: Extra Armor, Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod; 170 points

Elite 2: Death Company: 5 Death Company Marines, Rhino with Extra Armor; 55 points

[hr]

[TROOPS]

Troops 1: Tactical Squad: 10 Tactical Marines, Sergeant with chainsword and bolt pistol, 1 with meltagun, 1 with lascannon, Rhino with Extra Armor; 275 points

Troops 2: Assault Squad: 5 Assault Marines, Sergeant with power weapon and bolt pistol, Rhino with Extra Armor; 155 points

Troops 3: Assault Squad: 5 Assault Marines, Sergeant with power weapon and bolt pistol, Rhino with Extra Armor; 155 points

Troops 4: Assault Squad: 5 Assault Marines, Sergeant with power weapon and bolt pistol, Rhino with Extra Armor; 155 points

[hr]

[HEAVY SUPPORT]

Heavy Support 1: Baal Predator: Extra Armor, Heavy Bolters; 140 points

Heavy Support 2: Baal Predator: Extra Armor, Heavy Bolters; 140 points

Heavy Support 3: Predator: Autocannon, Extra Armor, Heavy Bolters; 110 points

[hr]

[size=14pt]Army Total: 1985 Points[/size]

[hr]
[hr]

Alright...it's not a very good list, I know. The Honor Guard are probably a waste, and horribly configured, but I kinda wanted a squad of them regardless just for fun (I like the ones that are converted and painted gold on the cover of the WD 'dex). I'm more of a casual gamer, I'm not that competitive and will probably never play in tournaments, but I still play to win and don't want to waste my money, so...rip it apart.

Corbulo rides in the rhino with the Death Company, Honor Guard rolls with Dante, assault squads zip across the field with overcharged engines looking to get stuck in, Furioso can drop in behind tanks and hopefully do some damage with that melta, Baal predators just because, autocannon predator because...I don't know. I'm not a tactician. :P

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2009, 06:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to alakard2020
Default Re: Blood Angels 2000 Points

take a regular chaplain instead of corbulo, same pts cost and the chaplain will give your death company litanies of hate (makes them real fun).
alakard2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2009, 07:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to crazyguy832

That's rather silly, alakard.

Corbulo makes your army dangerous in assault, rather than just better-than-average (all that Dante really does; but, combined with Corbs, insanity ensues!). Plus, Dante gives your death company (heck, possibly your whole army; he usually does for me) preferred enemy, which is litanies of hate on crack.

Right now your heavy anti-tank is basically limited to a few short-ranged meltaguns and a lascannon. Your assault squads and furioso have plenty of ability to mess infantry, so I'd suggest dropping your dakka pred for a couple of multi-melta attack bikes. And definitely give your furioso death company. Those extra attacks take him from being good to awesome (yeah, he ends up being rather expensive, but that's what happens in a BA army, unfortunately).

It's not a bad list and it can work, but you need to know your limitations and realize that having only a small portion of your assault forces moving more than 6" can be annoying if you don't position properly. Realize you will be bunched up (you want those bubbles!) and work with it.

Do It! ;D
5th edition stats (W/D/L)
Deathwing: 14/6/3
Tau: 5/0/3
Blood Angels (NEW): 10/1/3
Blood Angels (OLD): 27/5/10
Eldar: 10/0/1
Death Guard: 1/0/0
crazyguy832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2009, 07:59   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Yeah, I'm a bit worried about the lack of anti-tank. I've never liked the look of Space Marine bikes, but I might have to consider a pair of them with multi-meltas like you said.

I was going to give the furioso DC, but I decided against it simply because I wasn't sure how one would go about painting a DC furioso, lol...would they be black like the DC Marines? Would you still give him a drop pod?

What about the honor guard unit? Is it really worth taking, should I consider a veteran assault squad instead or just remove them? Is the tech adept upgrade worth taking and should I keep the meltagun?

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2009, 16:58   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Corbulo sucks all around, sure he gives a 12" radius furious charge, but if he is with the death company, whats the point, they already hav furious charge. and if dante/honour guard and the death company get split up, if you dont have a chaplain with the DC, they dont get preferred enemy. Also, corbulo only has a chainsword which is crap compared to a chaplain's crozius arcanum
Old 26 Oct 2009, 18:31   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidstyler
Yeah, I'm a bit worried about the lack of anti-tank. I've never liked the look of Space Marine bikes, but I might have to consider a pair of them with multi-meltas like you said.
I completely agree.

Still, they're probably the best high-AV poppers the BA have.

Quote:
I was going to give the furioso DC, but I decided against it simply because I wasn't sure how one would go about painting a DC furioso, lol...would they be black like the DC Marines? Would you still give him a drop pod?
You can still paint it red, that's what most people usually do. If you indicate somewhere somehow that it's DC (maybe just a black area with the red cross or something) no one should complain.

I don't bother giving mine a pod, since he becomes stupid expensive at that point. I can see why people do, though, so I'll leave that up to you. I give mine venerable instead and he usually survives the majority of the battle (rarely all of it, but he often does a lot in the meantime ;D).

I find mine works great as an area denial unit. No one wants to get close to a 7-attack S10 beast with preferred enemy and I5 (from Corbs).

Screw Ironclads. Furiosos are still king of the CC dreadnought heap.

Quote:
What about the honor guard unit? Is it really worth taking, should I consider a veteran assault squad instead or just remove them? Is the tech adept upgrade worth taking and should I keep the meltagun?
I run veteran assault squads over honour guard for sure. I generally run 5-man squads with two meltaguns and a power sword. Small, but enough attacks to thwomp small units and the mobile melta helps out a lot. They cost less than 200 points at that point, so you can get a lot more bodies on the field. The second power weapon and another 5 marines (for a full 10-man squad) would put you at 325 points. Hey, look, you can throw in some meltabombs now! ;D At this point I'd recommend trying to fit a fist in the squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alakard2020
Corbulo sucks all around, sure he gives a 12" radius furious charge, but if he is with the death company, whats the point, they already hav furious charge. and if dante/honour guard and the death company get split up, if you dont have a chaplain with the DC, they dont get preferred enemy. Also, corbulo only has a chainsword which is klkn compared to a chaplain's crozius arcanum
Why are your death company still in the rhino? Mine usually disembark turn 2 and then run around chopping face while Corbs disappears to hang out behind the front lines (safe in his death ride!). Corbs also has the bonus of being an apothecary. Very useful for tagging along near Dante. If I somehow don't have the vast majority of my army under both bubbles, it's because I don't need the vast majority of my army under both bubbles.

Initiative 5 means you can win combat. S5 means you can actually kill monstrous creatures. Furious charge is godlike.

Without FC, I don't see how you can win against dedicated close combat armies. Corbs is probably the single greatest character in the entire Blood Angels roster.

Do It! ;D
Old 27 Oct 2009, 01:45   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yea, furious charge is godlike, and the DC come with it, and if you give them a chaplain it makes them even more god like. and then you can run 2 brutal units (death company/chaplain and dante/honour guard) on different sides of the table which really screws with your opponent.

also, the only character worse than corbulo is tyco, they both suck. dante and mephistan are your best bets
Old 27 Oct 2009, 04:46   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Why do you not get this? What's so hard to understand?

Dante is a chaplain on crack. He gives preferred enemy all the time (so, not just a once-off thing to a single squad like litanies). Your Death Company don't need any more. You don't really need a chaplain when you're running Dante.

If you're really running a group up the flank, a large-ish death company plus a dread (or, really, anything) can crush most of the things you'd want to. Besides that fact that Dante's 12" bubble really means a 24" diameter which is a huge portion of the table when you think about it.

If your entire assault punch is a death company with a chaplain, I just don't know what to say. Most of the assaults (ergo, games) I've won have involved huge portions of my army (or Dante on his own; he's a beast ;D). BA don't have the staying power to get locked in assault for any longer than your enemy's phase. Even if this happens, it probably means something's going horribly wrong.

Calling Brother Corbulo the second worst character in the game is an insult to Blood Angels players everywhere (I'm extrapolating, given that Tycho is often considered the worst character in the game). There's a reason Corbs is in virtually every BA tournament list out there. S5/I5 on a basic troops makes them scary. It turns your so-so assault marines into badasses.

What works for you works for you. Awesome. You take your two brutal units and I'll crush them one at a time with my entire army. You want a cup of tea with that?

(typo in my last post: "With FC" in my last sentence should be "Without FC"; changed that)

Do It! ;D
Old 27 Oct 2009, 16:08   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yeah, I understand that preferred enemy is litanies of hate on crack, but when your opponent has there army spread across the board, only 1 group is not going to get the job done, thats why i send 2 groups (chaplain/DC and dante/honour guard) which allows me to run across the board killing twice as much.

Also, I've played numerous BA players at different stores/tournies, and I have not seen anyone field Corbulo since 2nd edition, and everyone gives the same consensus: Corbulo & Tycho are junk.

And no, I dont want a cup of tea, i'll take a coffee w/ 2 sugars
Old 27 Oct 2009, 16:36   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

So what is in your magical un-godly unbeatable BA list?