1750-Point Space Wolves Drop Pod Army List
Old 23 Oct 2009, 12:24   #1 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default 1750-Point Space Wolves Drop Pod Army List

HQ
Wolf Lord (225 Points)
Wolf Lord equipped with Runic Armor, Frost Blade, Storm Shield, Frag and Krak Grenades, Wolftooth Necklace and Wolf Tail Talisman as well as Saga of the Bear

Rune Priest (200 Points)
Master of the Runes equipped with Runic Armor, Runic Weapon, Bolt Pistol Pistol, Frag and Krak Grenades, Wolftooth Necklace and Choose of the Slain as well as the Psychic Powers Storm Caller and Jaws of the World Wolf, and Saga of the Beastslayer

Elites
Wolf Guard Pack (237 Points)
1 Wolf Guard equipped with Terminator Armor, Frost Blade, Storm Shield
1 Wolf Guard equipped with Terminator Armor, Wolf Claw and Storm Shield
1 Wolf Guard equipped with Terminator Armor, Chainfist and Storm Shield
1 Wolf Guard equipped with Terminator Armor, Thunderhammer and Storm Shield
Dedicated Transport: Drop Pod (35 Points)
Drop Pod equipped with Storm Bolter

Troops
Grey Hunters Pack (185 Points)
1 Grey Hunter equipped with Power Armor, Power Fist, Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Frag and Krak Grenades
7 Grey Hunters equipped with Power Armor, Close Combat Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Frag and Krak Grenades
2 Grey Hunters equipped with Power Armor, Close Combat Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Plasma Gun, Frag and Krak Grenades

1 Grey Hunter equipped with Power Armor, Power Fist, Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Frag and Krak Grenades
7 Grey Hunters equipped with Power Armor, Close Combat Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Frag and Krak Grenades
2 Grey Hunters equipped with Power Armor, Close Combat Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Plasma Gun, Frag and Krak Grenades

Grey Hunters Pack (180 Points)
2 Grey Hunters equipped with Power Armor, Close Combat Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Meltagun, Frag and Krak Grenades

Grey Hunters Pack (180 Points)
2 Grey Hunters equipped with Power Armor, Close Combat Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Meltagun, Frag and Krak Grenades
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2009, 12:46   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Skeith
Default Re: 1750-Point Space Wolves Drop Pod Army List

Very cool looking army list, and I'd fear it ;D
Skeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2009, 16:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenai

1 Wolf Guard equipped with Terminator Armor, Wolf Claw, Storm Shield and Assault Cannon
Just a quick point, you can't have a Wolf Guard with Wolf Claw, Storm Shield and Assault Cannon! You have to swap your storm bolter for an assault cannon, and you have already swapped it for either the Wolf Claw or Storm Shield. You can however have a Cyclone ML, Wolf Claw and Storm Shield as the Cyclone doesn't replace anything.
Sardis Varrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2009, 18:04   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardis Varrn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenai

1 Wolf Guard equipped with Terminator Armor, Wolf Claw, Storm Shield and Assault Cannon
Just a quick point, you can't have a Wolf Guard with Wolf Claw, Storm Shield and Assault Cannon! You have to swap your storm bolter for an assault cannon, and you have already swapped it for either the Wolf Claw or Storm Shield. You can however have a Cyclone ML, Wolf Claw and Storm Shield as the Cyclone doesn't replace anything.
Not to mention that you need at least 5 Wolf Guard to take one Assault Cannon. So essentially you have to revise your list to have the 5th Wolf Guard to take the Assault cannon. So that in turn will have a serious repercussion in your list as you need to figure out how to get the 5th wolf guard while also fitting in the characters into the drop pod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2009, 22:42   #5 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Ah, right. No problem there. The Wolf Guard Pack is meant to act as a Fire-Magnet anyway :P
Old 23 Oct 2009, 23:37   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

I find it insulting anyone would field such a boring-looking Space Wolf list. Every unit is exactly the same! Two units the same I could understand, three at an absolute push, but the Space Wolves are all about individuality, and your list has none of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2009, 05:37   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
I find it insulting anyone would field such a boring-looking Space Wolf list. Every unit is exactly the same! Two units the same I could understand, three at an absolute push, but the Space Wolves are all about individuality, and your list has none of it!
Boring maybe, but very good tactically and game wise! I hate to have to look for different minis for 2 or 3 of the same units. Redundancy, excellent. The only thing I think you may need is Scouts for their ability to go Behind Enemy Lines and Nuke something with Meltabombs.
WT
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Wolf-Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2009, 14:59   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I agree with Wargamer. If you want to run a list like this why not run standard Astares Marines? If the only thing you want is a tactically sound Drop Pod army, won't the standard Codex:Space Marines fit the bill better? If you are more into the "feel" of Space Wolves than more power to you.

My one comment about the list would be where are the HQ's going? The four Grey Hunter Drop Pods are full and the Wolf Guard Drop Pod has four termies in it. I am assuming that you are putting the Wolf Lord in the Drop Pod with the termies, and you are going to deploy the Rune Priest somewhere out of LOS, and then take advantage of the Chooser of the Slain. Is that correct?
Old 24 Oct 2009, 16:11   #9 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippster59
I agree with Wargamer. If you want to run a list like this why not run standard Astares Marines? If the only thing you want is a tactically sound Drop Pod army, won't the standard Codex:Space Marines fit the bill better? If you are more into the "feel" of Space Wolves than more power to you.
Because I'm not retarded enough to drop-pod in with 1 Special Weapon and 1 Heavy Weapon. Plus I do not see the point of Combat Squads (Seriously, don't tell me.). And Space Wolves got Counterattack. Useful defensive skill. Oh, and they have Bolters, Bolt Pistols and Close Combat Weapons. To me, Space Wolves are more flexible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippster59
My one comment about the list would be where are the HQ's going? The four Grey Hunter Drop Pods are full and the Wolf Guard Drop Pod has four termies in it. I am assuming that you are putting the Wolf Lord in the Drop Pod with the termies, and you are going to deploy the Rune Priest somewhere out of LOS, and then take advantage of the Chooser of the Slain. Is that correct?
Rune Priest in with the Wolf Guard.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 16:22   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Let me know how your list works out. It is very Good List!

WT
Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Wolf-Tau is offline   Reply With Quote