Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Exorcist army list ideas
Old 12 Aug 2009, 13:03   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Exorcist army list ideas

I've played Warhammer since getting the original "Rogue Trader" rules on the day of release but about 7-8 years ago I got rid of all my miniatures. However now I'm getting back into it (I blame my son...) and have decided to collect a Space Marine force based on the Codex chapter "The Exorcists".

I’ve been through the figures I have (I have Assault on Black Reach and a friend of mine gave me a shed load of old ones of his that need fixing and repainting) and I’ve planned the force in three stages; 500 points, 1000 points & 1500 points allowing me to paint them in the best order to get playing as soon as possible. I’ve been crunching the numbers and jiggling the figures trying to put it all together and currently the plans are:

500 points (495):
HQ – Space Marine Captain with Power Sword (115)
Troops – 10 man Tactical Squad with Flamer, Missile Launcher, Sergeant with Chainsword and Rhino with Dozer Blades (210)
Troops – 10 man Tactical Squad with Flamer, Missile Launcher, Sergeant with Chainsword (170)

1000 points (1000):
HQ – Space Marine Captain with Relic Blade (130) and Command Squad with Company Standard and two Power Fists (180)
Troops – 10 man Tactical Squad with Flamer, Missile Launcher, Sergeant with Chainsword and Rhino with Dozer Blades (210)
Troops – 10 man Tactical Squad with Flamer, Missile Launcher, Sergeant with Chainsword (170)
Troops – 5 man Tactical Squad (90)
Elite – Dreadnought with Multimelta, Dreadnought close combat weapon and storm bolter (105)
Elite – Dreadnought with Assault Cannon, Dreadnought close combat weapon and storm bolter (115)

1500 points (1500):
HQ – Space Marine Captain with Relic Blade (130) and Command Squad with Company Standard and two Power Fists (180)
Troops – 5 man Tactical Squad (90)
Elite – Dreadnought with Multimelta, Dreadnought close combat weapon and storm bolter (105)
Elite – Dreadnought with Assault Cannon, Dreadnought close combat weapon and storm bolter (115)
Elite – 10 man Terminator Squad with two Heavy Flamers (410)
Fast Attack – 3 man Bike Squad (90)

Any thoughts or comments?

Mordant Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2009, 20:52   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Exorcist army list ideas

consider droping bikers alltogether. and cuttin arms on the terminaters giving them thunderhammers and storm shealds but keep the flamers. other than that its a solid list.
dark_angel_tyranid_lord is offline   Reply With Quote