Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Fate's Angels - 1,500
Old 10 Aug 2009, 18:55   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Fate's Angels - 1,500

I'll be playing my DIY Marines against Tau this weekend. Here's my first draft of my list:

HQ
^ Counts-as-Cassius = 125
* Librarian w/gate of infinity = 100

ELITE
^ Termies x 5 w/assault cannon = 230
^ Ironclad w/s-hammer/melta, DCCW/heavy flamer & HK x 2 + Drop Pod w/locator beacon = 200
^ Sternguard x 5 w/combi-flamer x 5 + Drop Pod w/locator beacon = 195 (Cassius here)

TROOPS
* Tacts x 10 w/flamer & m-launcher + Sgt w/PF & bolt pistol + Drop Pod (Librarian here) = 230
$ Tacts x 10 w/melta & m-launcher + Sgt w/power sword & bolt pistol + Rhino = 225
* Scouts x 5 w/sniper rifles x 5 & camo cloaks x 5 = 90

FAST ATTACK
$ Land Speeder w/heavy bolter & typhoon m-launcher = 90

Total: 1485

A note on my symbols preceding the units. The * is for a unit starting on the table, a ^ is for a deep striking/drop pod unit, and the $ is for any unit being put into reserves. Just helps me to look at my list and remember what I'm doing.

The idea is to get the Ironclad and Sternguard down on turn 1. The drop pod for the Tact squad will be fired off empty, just needed the 3rd pod. I know I have a lot of points into the Ironclad but I figure this way something is bound to bust up a Hammerhead. Sternguard are for cooking Fire Warriors or Kroot and my counts-as-Cassius "should" live through the return fire if nobody else does.

The Tacts that the Librarian will join will use gate of infinity later game once all pods and Termies are down, or if something presents itself, to move up and secure his home objective. Scouts are for my own objective and the Land Speeder and Tacts w/Rhino in reserves to come in and go where they are needed. He often pushes his Crisis Suits up the last 2 turns to contest my objective, so they are coming in late to prevent that. Thinking about deep striking the Land Speeder with a multi-melta to deal with his second Hammerhead, if he fields it.

That pretty much covers it. Again, this is just a rough first draft, trying to nail down my approach. These aren't all my models but damn near what I have for models, so I can make some adjustments but not take a drastically different army.
Old 11 Aug 2009, 03:00   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Fate's Angels - 1,500

What's the Librarian's other psychic power?
Domitian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Aug 2009, 13:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Fate's Angels - 1,500

Slight change to the above list:

HQ
^ Counts-as-Cassius = 125
^ Librarian w/gate of infinity & avenger = 100

ELITE
^ Termies x 5 w/cyclone m-launcher = 230
^ Ironclad w/s-hammer/melta, DCCW/heavy flamer & HK x 2 + Drop Pod w/locator beacon = 200
^ Sternguard x 7 w/heavy flamer + Drop Pod w/locator beacon = 230 (Cassius here)

TROOPS
$ Tacts x 10 w/flamer & m-launcher + Sgt w/power sword & bolt pistol + Rhino = 220
^ Tacts x 10 w/melta & m-launcher + Sgt w/power sword & bolt pistol + Drop Pod w/locator beacon = 230 (Librarian here)
* Scouts x 5 w/sniper rifles x 5 & camo cloaks x 5 = 90

FAST ATTACK
^ Land Speeder w/h-bolter & m-melta = 70

Total: 1495

I'm leaving the Tact squad the Librarian joins in the drop pod, and it now has a beacon. The plan here is to drop the squad on an objective, if we aren't doing annihilate, and combat squad them. I leave the heavy weapon there while the Librarian grabs the Sarge and melta to bust up some stuff using gate of infinity. Oh, Librarians second power is avenger...forgot that earlier. With every pod having a locator beacon, and with the Ironclad and Sternguard coming in on first turn, I can teleport between pods relatively safely to support where I need it.

On the Sternguard I did remove their combi-flamers to save points and bump their size, hoping their special ammo and the heavy flamer do well enough to clear the zone and giving me the size to survive...hopefully. The Speeder is now also deep striking with the multi-melta to help deal with the inevitable second Hammerhead he'll have.

The rest follows the plan above.