Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Shieldbearers - 1500
Old 06 Aug 2009, 22:33   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Shieldbearers - 1500

I did something different and wrote a more siege-type list. Tell me what you think.

Shieldbearers 1500

Company Captain w/Combi-flamer 110

Techmarine w/Servo-harness 75
Servitors x5 w/Heavy Bolter 90

Techmarine w/Servo-harness 75
Servitors x4 w/Heavy Bolter 75

Tactical Marines x5 w/Combi-flamer 100
Razorback w/Lascannon, TL Plasma gun 75

Vindicator w/ Extra Armor 130

Vindicator w/Extra Armor 130

Whirlwind 85
"Brothers in battle and blood, In oath and honor, In life and death, In faith and in truth. Brothers in the sight of the Emperor. So be it ever, as He-on-Terra wills. Amen." - Prayer of Initiation, Knights Revenant attr. Captain Lucius Faust, 597.M41

"'Death before dishonor.' This is our creed, our way of life and death. Bolstered by the faith of the immortal God-Emperor, we may go into battle without fear for self. We know that whatever sacrifice is made in the name of He-on-Terra is not made in vain. Our honor rests in our service to Him, and we could ask no greater reward than to rest at His side, having given our utmost in His name." -Captain Anborn Tohr, after the Siege of Hydrax III

viorlashasui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2009, 18:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Shieldbearers - 1500

Extra armour is only really necessary for "must deliver" transports.

I think a Master of the Forge would be a better HQ choice, perhaps with a conversion beamer.

I don't see what you see in techmarines with heavy bolter servitors, as they aren't very tough, are vulnerable to assaults and lack mobility. Maybe replace them with sternguard in a razorback.

I also don't think that razorbacks are so awesome that they would be better than full squads of tactical marines (with free or cheap heavy and special weapons). You should drop one squad to boost the rest. Maybe get a small squad of sniper scouts if you get a Master of the Forge.
Domitian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2009, 23:36   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Shieldbearers - 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFury
Extra armour is only really necessary for "must deliver" transports.
The idea is to keep the Vindis shooting as much as possible. One lucky shot, and I lose 100+ pts for half the game, and a significant chunk of firepower with it.

Quote:
I think a Master of the Forge would be a better HQ choice, perhaps with a conversion beamer.
Maybe, but I prefer the captain.

Quote:
I don't see what you see in techmarines with heavy bolter servitors, as they aren't very tough, are vulnerable to assaults and lack mobility. Maybe replace them with sternguard in a razorback.
The Techmarines are for tending to vehicles, and the heavy bolters are extra firepower once the Vindis are in positon.

Quote:
I also don't think that razorbacks are so awesome that they would be better than full squads of tactical marines (with free or cheap heavy and special weapons). You should drop one squad to boost the rest. Maybe get a small squad of sniper scouts if you get a Master of the Forge.
Again, the list really revolves around the artillery. Razorback squads were chosen to provide fire support and seize objectives once the artillery had cleared them as much as possible.
"Brothers in battle and blood, In oath and honor, In life and death, In faith and in truth. Brothers in the sight of the Emperor. So be it ever, as He-on-Terra wills. Amen." - Prayer of Initiation, Knights Revenant attr. Captain Lucius Faust, 597.M41

"'Death before dishonor.' This is our creed, our way of life and death. Bolstered by the faith of the immortal God-Emperor, we may go into battle without fear for self. We know that whatever sacrifice is made in the name of He-on-Terra is not made in vain. Our honor rests in our service to Him, and we could ask no greater reward than to rest at His side, having given our utmost in His name." -Captain Anborn Tohr, after the Siege of Hydrax III

viorlashasui is offline   Reply With Quote