Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1750 double wing army
Old 04 Aug 2009, 17:53   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default 1750 double wing army

So I recently convinced my brother to pick up 40k. He decided he wants to do double wing and so we threw this list together. Tell me what you guys think

HQ
Sammael
Belial-pair of lighting claws
TROOPS
5 terminators-1 assault cannon-1 chain fist-2 lighting claws
5 terminators-apothecary-standard bearer-1 assault cannon-2 lightning claws-2 chain fists
2 space marine bike-1 bike sergeant-power fist-2 melta guns-attack bike w/ multi melta
2 space marine bike-1 bike sergeant-power fist-2 melta guns-attack bike w/ multi melta
F.ATTACK
2 land speeders-2 heavy bolters-1 assault cannon-1 typhoon missile launcher
2 land speeders-2 heavy bolters-1 assault cannon-1 typhoon missile launcher
1 land speeder-multi melta-heavy flamer
Durais20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2009, 18:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to crazyguy832
Default Re: 1750 double wing army

First of all, you should outfit your termies for either shooting or assault. Yes, I know you can mix and match, but it really dilutes it. For a choppy squad, this is a fairly "standard" setup:

4 pairs of lightning claws, chainfist & heavy weapon

The heavy weapon should either be an assault cannon or heavy flamer. Both are great in their own right. For a shooty squad, the only thing you'll want to change from the default loadout is giving a special weapon (generally an assault cannon). A chainfist is also generally a good idea. If you want the whole squad to have fists, you could even give the chainfist to the sergeant (but I reccomend against this ).

The apothecary's useful, but remember that you can give him lightning claws and the apoth stuff, same with the standard bearer. Don't dilute your squads, despite the fact that the codex allows it. We still have some advantages over codex termies, however, in that we can give the heavy weapon even in a choppy squad.

Walking your assault squads suck. You're really going to have to rely upon the ravenwing to get you into place quickly. Expect those termies to take buttloads of fire. Invulnerable save or none, get cover. I cannot stress that enough. Once you've failed as many 5+ saves as I have, you'll be praising the dice gods when you get to roll a 4+ (and then fail anyways ;D).

Your bike squads are good, same with the attack bikes. However, your land speeders are expensive for what they can do. In my opinion, I'd drop all of them and add another bike squad and termie squad.

When using the deathwing assault rules like any good doublewing list will, you want to maintain odd numbers of squads wherever possible. This will maximize the number of squads which come in first turn.

Back to the termies... in general, I'd reccomend shooty squads. Assault squads can work, but not as well without raiders. If you want to run assault squads of termies, raiders are almost mandatory. They're too slow to be effective on their own and you might have trouble against some armies even with the ravenwing helping out. That said, assault termies can work, and they can work very well.

Do It! ;D
5th edition stats (W/D/L)
Deathwing: 14/6/3
Tau: 5/0/3
Blood Angels (NEW): 10/1/3
Blood Angels (OLD): 27/5/10
Eldar: 10/0/1
Death Guard: 1/0/0
crazyguy832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2009, 20:05   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

how bout this

HQ
Sammael
Belial-pair of lighting claws
TROOPS
5 terminators-1 assault cannon-2 chain fists
5 terminators-apothecary-standard bearer-4 lightning claws-1 assault cannon-1 chain fist
5 space marine bikes-1 bike sergeant-power fist-2 melta guns-attack bike w/ multi melta
F.ATTACK
land speeder-heavy flamer-multi melta
H.SUPPORT
land raider crusader
Durais20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2009, 03:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to crazyguy832

Hmm... that list could work for sure. You've got 4 scoring units base, 5 if you combat squad. The choppy termies along with belial can chill in the crusader and run up first turn. You'll be getting the turn two charge, which is something you really want when you face a list that majorly outshoots you. The homers mean the shooty termie squad can come down basically wherever you want turn one.

Should be fun to play. Your friend will get a feel of where he wants to go with that list, and will definetely stand a chance of doing okay.

Do It! ;D
5th edition stats (W/D/L)
Deathwing: 14/6/3
Tau: 5/0/3
Blood Angels (NEW): 10/1/3
Blood Angels (OLD): 27/5/10
Eldar: 10/0/1
Death Guard: 1/0/0
crazyguy832 is offline   Reply With Quote