5xterminators(2x claw,3x hammer)

troops 520
10xtactical marines(lascannon,)

assault marines(rhino,, power weapon)
assault marines(rhino,,power weapon)

heavy 500
land raider crusader

land raider

OK i know you think I am crazy for taking so many land raiders but truth is that death company troops are always killed at long range and i need something to stop them dying before they kill something. The land raiders are their to make sure my death company reach their destination and my dreadnought forces my opponents to the middle of the map so i can trap him in close combat no matter where they run.
Old 25 Jul 2009, 13:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: 2k angels of death

Just to note, that I do not have the Blood Angels codex, so I'm referring to the 5th Edition Space Marine Codex in this case.

Hey Atlantis,

Upon looking at your list I've spotted some things which has caught my attention.

Firstly, I think you have too many Elite choices, and only one Troop choice, perhaps if you could sacrifice an Elite choice, maybe you could boost your Troop choice to two, which could help towards the effectiveness of your army, maybe even helping to boost the "life expectancy" of your Death Company, furthermore, you could use the points to purchase, or upgrade a unit.

Also, I think it would be better if your Tactical Squads were equipped with a Missile Launcher and a flamer, as these are both effective weapons, this could allow you to use the points from the Lascannon, to further upgrade/purchase a unit.

Secondly the two Assault Marine squads, are these guys with or without Jump Packs?

Thirdly, the Land Raider, and the Crusader, I think it would be cheaper to get a Devastator Squad, as you can equip them with ideal weapons to kill off the enemy that may target the Death Company squad, or which may cause havoc to another unit in your army, have you also considered a Predator and/or Demolisher?

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2009, 15:15   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to alakard2020

He doesnt have too many elite choices, the death company count as an elite choice but do not take up a slot in the force organization chart. Also, he has 3 troops choices, in the blood angels codex, assault marines count as troops
alakard2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2009, 15:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by alakard2020
He doesnt have too many elite choices, the death company count as an elite choice but do not take up a slot in the force organization chart. Also, he has 3 troops choices, in the blood angels codex, assault marines count as troops
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I'm glad I did a "Just to Note" just to warn people.

Old 26 Jul 2009, 01:11   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Atlantis

well i need some transports to get my troops close enough to fight in close combat and using rhinos is too slow cause i have to wait a turn. jump packs take make my assault troops to vulnerable to enemy fire so nothing like a good old extra bit of Armour to get them to their destination and deliver the killing blow
Old 26 Jul 2009, 10:42   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

But wouldn't the Tactical Squad benefit from a Rhino, and not an Assault Squad? Because IMO, you're limiting the Assault Squad's key factor, their speed with the Jump Packs, you need these guys to be zipping around, taking out enemy armour, or perhaps an enemy unit who is causing havoc to your army.

I see you do realise this, but wouldn't it be better if you took out the two Rhinos and perhaps invested in another unit, say a Devastator Squad, Demolisher, Whirlwind, or perhaps a Predator Tank (or a Baal Predator Tank) - as these guys could help the Assault Squads, as well as with your other units.

Old 27 Jul 2009, 04:45   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Atlantis

i get free rhinoes for the assult marines and the assault marines always gets taken down before they do anything so a extra bit of armour helps