Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Now a 2500 point list.
Old 17 Jul 2009, 17:16   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Now a 2500 point list.

HQ
Captain (armed with Power Sword, Storm Bolter, Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Artificer Armour) 148
Command Squad
1 Apothecary, 4 Veterans (armed with Powersword, Storm Bolter; assigned to Rhino) 187
Rhino (2 Storm Bolters, Hunter-killer Missile, Extra Armour) 70
Master of the Forge (armed with Storm Bolter, Powersword) 120

Troop
10 man Tactical Squad (1/10 armed with flamer) 170 (assigned to Rhino)
Rhino (Two Storm Bolters, Hunter-killer Missiles, Extra Armour) 70
10 man Scout Squad (1/5 armed with missile launcher, 4/5 armed with sniper rifles; all equiped with camo cloak) 180

Elite
Dreadnought (CC weapon, Twin-linked Heavy Bolter, Heavy Armour) 125
Dreadnought (CC weapon, Twin-linked Heavy Bolter, Heavy Armour) 125
Ironclad Dreadnought (Hurrican Bolter, Seismic Hammer, Heavy Flamer, two Hunter-killer Missiles; Assigned to Drop Pod) 210

Heavy Support
Dreadnought (CC Weapon, Twin-linked Lascannon, Extra Armour) 150
Dreadnought (CC Weapon, Twin-linked Lascannon, Extra Armour) 150
Ironclad Dreadnought (Hurrican Bolter, Seismic Hammer, Heavy Flamer, two Hunter-killer Missiles; Assigned to Drop Pod) 210

Total: 2465

Blarg, I'm a penguin! 8D

'They Are My Space Marines' tribute video, by ruckuz88

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig

Emperor Zoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2009, 19:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: 2000 point list.

One thing I noticed is you have 4 servitors costing 50 points, I believe they cost 55 (first is 10 others are 15 each: 15*3=45+10=55). That is ok though since it only brings your total to 1995.

Besides that it doesn't look like your Chaplin, Master of the forge and gang, or Techmarine and gang have a transport or quick means of getting into CC. Are they footslogging? I'm also thinking you don't need the techmarine and gang. You already have 2 pieces of terrain to bolster defences for your 2 scout squads without him (Master of forge and thunderfire cannon). I also find they tend to not be worth their points if you are just ganna have them sit near a vehicle all game and hope it takes damage that they can repair. You'd probably be better off just taking another dread then trying to repair one, it would actually be 5 points cheaper.

-Farseer Maechu of Ulthwe
loeldrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2009, 00:00   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Also my memory is telling me Drop Pods are 35 Points each?

Anyways i don't see too much anti tank in there and the Missles aren't the best at taking down Leman Russ' , today i fought IG (Vets) And i was up against 4 or so Leman Russ , and the thing that helpled me most, Predator Annihilator with Chronus , hell it's a fair chunk of points but its worth it , today he took out 2 Leman Russ and Stunned others a few times, buying my Rhinos time to get up to his lines, but you might not want to use Chronus , due to not playing Ultramaines ( I for one don't but i wanted to put the Spear of Macragge's skills to the test) but remember you still can use him as he is classed as 'Unique'. Also i find no real point of a Master of The Forge and a Techmarine as they both really do the same job. I would maybe drop one of them and think about purchasing another unit with the left over points. Also is there much point of the missile Launcher being in the Tact squads , i know it's free and everything but it will be pretty pointless if your guys are constantly on the move. Also maybe with some points try to get a TL Lascannon and Missile Launcher dreadnought, you can't seem to go wrong at 145Pt's. At 2000pts i ranas vaguely as i can remember)

Pedro Kantor (You could probally change him around with a Different HQ)

10 Sternguard with 10 combi meltas ( Wanted to do this for a laugh , but boy it back fired they done nothing and were a waste of over 300 points) Drop Pod

10 Marines , Flamer ,Sgt with power Weapon and Rhino (X2)

10 Marines Lascannon ,Plasma Gun ,Sgt with Power Weapon

5 Scouts All Snipers

Whirlwind

Pred with Chronus

Drednought With TL Lascannon and Missile

Devs with 4 Missle and Sgt with Power Weapon

Thats roughly what i had and it turned out to draw though i would of done better by taking less sternguard and maybe another Tactical Squad in a Rhino , though it's your list so you call the shots

Old 18 Jul 2009, 00:32   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Huh, never thought about that, regarding the missile launchers. X_X

I will give the Lascannon options some thought.

Blarg, I'm a penguin! 8D

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig

Old 18 Jul 2009, 10:19   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

If your going to take a chaplain on foot go with Cassius (or counts as) , he cost's the same as your chaplain and is far better. He has a master crafted combi-flamer with hellfire rounds (FAR better than your standard combi-flamer) and although he doesn't have digital weapons he has an extra attack, which I think is far more useful than re-rolling 1 wound per turn! As well as putting out more damage in both combat and shooting, Cassius is also a hell of a lot harder to kill with his +2T and FNP!

NOTE:- I mentioned above that Cassius has +1 attack on a normal chaplain, this is due to the fact he has a bolt pistol, Crozius and Infernus. Normal chaplains have a crozius and bolter or bolt pistol, if you want to take a bolter or upgrade to a combi-flamer you lose the pistol so you no longer get the +1A for having an additional CCW.
Sardis Varrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2009, 13:53   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardis Varrn
If your going to take a chaplain on foot go with Cassius (or counts as) , he cost's the same as your chaplain and is far better. He has a master crafted combi-flamer with hellfire rounds (FAR better than your standard combi-flamer) and although he doesn't have digital weapons he has an extra attack, which I think is far more useful than re-rolling 1 wound per turn! As well as putting out more damage in both combat and shooting, Cassius is also a hell of a lot harder to kill with his +2T and FNP!

NOTE:- I mentioned above that Cassius has +1 attack on a normal chaplain, this is due to the fact he has a bolt pistol, Crozius and Infernus. Normal chaplains have a crozius and bolter or bolt pistol, if you want to take a bolter or upgrade to a combi-flamer you lose the pistol so you no longer get the +1A for having an additional CCW.
Cassius... Must go look at Codex. Thanks for the wonderful suggestion. If what you say is true, then I will certainly replace my current chaplain.

Blarg, I'm a penguin! 8D

Old 18 Jul 2009, 14:25   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Zoron
Quote:

Cassius... Must go look at Codex. Thanks for the wonderful suggestion. If what you say is true, then I will certainly replace my current chaplain.
Glad I could help!

Have you thought about putting an drop podding Ironclad into your list? It will give you another option for anti-tank and can cause infantry big problems to.
Sardis Varrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2009, 14:39   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Zoron
Quote:

Glad I could help!

Have you thought about putting an drop podding Ironclad into your list? It will give you another option for anti-tank and can cause infantry big problems to.
I'll give that some thought. I did not pick them before, because they were too CC oriented for my taste, however, in Drop Pods, where they would be placed within CC range, then that would be a different story. (Why didn't I think of this before... :-[)

I think my next games will go very differently. Nurgle Marines or no. ;D

Blarg, I'm a penguin! 8D

Old 19 Jul 2009, 05:11   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

I don't see why Cassius is in the list. There aren't any close combat units he can join, nor can he fit in with a Tactical squad in their Rhino. What am I missing?

I also would split up the Land Speeder squadron into 3 separate units.

Tactical squads in Rhinos need a heavy weapon (such as free multi-melta).

Why are there 2 unassigned drop pods?
Domitian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jul 2009, 14:11   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFury
I don't see why Cassius is in the list. There aren't any close combat units he can join, nor can he fit in with a Tactical squad in their Rhino. What am I missing?

I also would split up the Land Speeder squadron into 3 separate units.

Tactical squads in Rhinos need a heavy weapon (such as free multi-melta).

Why are there 2 unassigned drop pods?
Would you care to recommend a better HQ choice? As for multi-meltas, I'll tell you the same thing I have told my oponenents, MMs are notoriously unreliable. I would rather have an extra bolter, or heavy bolter than a MM. (I would take the Heavy Bolter, but my Tac Squads usually are moving around too much to make use of them...)

Blarg, I'm a penguin! 8D